PDA

View Full Version : neighbours cat

CathyW
30-01-2009, 04:43 PM
pretty tabby girl, not too old. on her 2nd litter of kittens. poor girl. why cant these ppl get her done. i mean to say she sold the last lot for 75quid a kitten, surely she could of paid for the poor mummy cat to be done, makes me upset to see, dont mind the woman has got a *show home* type house. best of everything. just wish she would look after her cat as well.
ok rant over.

dinahsmum
30-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Poor thing
And more fool people paying £75 for a moggy!

laragreg
30-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Sound like she's tryin to make money to me, NOT nice but its happening all the time now you just need to read the loot or free ads lots of crosses as well as moggies being sold. Very sad I wish people would get cats/kittens from the cat rescues ect at least you know they are flead, wormed, vet checked ect. Just hope they go to responsable owners that will do the right thing.

dandysmom
30-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Happens far too often. How sad.

angieh
30-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Very sad - in the current economic climate though I wonder how many people will be willing to pay £75 for a moggie. Hate to think what may happen to those poor kittens and the poor mother cat.

Moli
30-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Obviously a money making cat! poor little girl....thats why she has a show home, because stupid people will pay that for a moggy!!!!!

Elaine
30-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Well there is another part of the problem, if people will pay £75 for them, why would she have her spayed?
I do hate the expression, £75 for a moggie, as I love mine to bit and are worth far more than money to me, but I do understand peoples sentiments as mine are the same when it comes to indiscriminate breeding or breeding for profit.
Poor wee baby.

angieh
30-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry - I used that expression. You know how I love my Merlin, who is a DSH or "moggie" and who came to me free of charge. Smudge also came to me on her own and never a penny passed between us.

I suppose there is some argument that if you are prepared to pay for an animal you are more likely to look after your "investment". "Free to a Good Home" is a thing of the past.

I did not mean to imply that people love their moggies any less.

CathyW
30-01-2009, 10:07 PM
my 2 where *freebies* from a woman who worked in our local shop. she knew my monty had been run over and saw how upset i was about him. (still miss my montycat) and the boys where the last 2 in the litter. and we went to just see them. i was so broody (not for human babies) and saw them both caurled up asleep and just fell in love. i couldnt seperate them could i. i met their mum she was a britishbluexpersian. and dad was a very stunning long hair black boy.
and they where spoilt rotton best of everything, so she wasnt a owner looking to make a quick turnover. my god these ppl owned 3 cottages they had knocked into 1 it was lush. (i wanted to move in lol.
so my boys had a good start.
but the poor tabby girl i want to say something. but the owner is a bit *aloof*
oh well hopsfully the mummy cat will give birth on her posh sofa and she will think never again and have her spayed.

Elaine
30-01-2009, 10:10 PM
I didnt mean for any one to apologise for using the phrase. I too have always had moggies and have never paid for them, well apart from Bernie but that was a donation to Diddydawn to help towards rescue etc.
I think it just looks horrible seeing it written down and knowing how much we all love our moggies.
I too have said it. Maybe it's my age and I'm being too sentimental about it.;)
You all know how I feel about neuter and spay.

dandysmom
30-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I've had moggies and pedigrees, bought and for free; love them all equally.

angieh
30-01-2009, 10:33 PM
... and I think most of us would agree with you Elaine - about the neuter and spay that is.

dandysmom
30-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I know I do, completely!

Moli
30-01-2009, 11:21 PM
I just wish the message would get across, so many uneutered cats about, I am sure I saw the older kittens Mum lastnight and yes she is pregnant again......

dandysmom
30-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I just wish the message would get across, so many uneutered cats about, I am sure I saw the older kittens Mum lastnight and yes she is pregnant again......

Heavy sigh ........:(

Leesy
31-01-2009, 02:32 PM
It is such a shame that some people just don`t take care of their cats it makes me so cross, WHY but WHY do they get them in the first place, the worrying thing is with this credit crunch I can see these situations getting alot worse unfortunatly:( .