PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread~ pale grey Wednesday

PoshPuss
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
I like the colour/mood theme so I'm continuing with it :D
the sky is like a milky white colour and my face is quite pale and wan from battling with this cold. The shivering cold continues to nip at the knees. The iced up car is a ruddy nuisance when you just need to get in and drive off.

Posh still has a moist eye and is very quiet and sleepy. I swear if she could insert her head into her backside it would be there, so tightly she's curled into a ball :lol:

Another day another shift; afternoons today. My thoughts are with Natalie for her MIL's funeral today. A friend of mine lost her mum on Boxing Day, so hope to see her later as I'm unable to attend the service tomorrow.

I'm keeping warm, keeping an eye on the old folk and putting fresh water out for the birds. ;)

yola
07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I looked out of the window this morning and had a quiet worry for all the stray cats out there - I hope they're managing to stay warm and under cover.

Here it is bitterly cold again and it's the boys' last day before school starts (hurrah)! I have someone coming to see the pushchair this morning and then I have to run into town to post some things and to see if I can find Sebi some school shoes. He's wearing Domi's old ones and they're just about worn out now. Later I may take them to Crazy Kids (indoor play area). I really don't like it there as the noise levels are acute, but as most kids will have gone back to school now it shouldn't be too busy so I may risk it :-D

Leak in the pipe in the wall has been sorted last night. Than heaven OH keeps lots of bits and bobs in the event of something like this happening. The wall's a bit damp and the kitchen cabinet is ruined (albeit usable) and central heating pressure is back to normal :D

Natalie
07-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Thank you Nette for your kind thoughts.

Its still like an ice rink here and taking the dogs for their walks is proving to be a nightmare.

It is slightly warmer here today and I mean slightly! Have funeral today so that's about it.

May you rest in peace Monica. You fought such a brave fight against this terrible disease. You had courage, determination and so much strength. I pray that you and Emrys are together once more and that you will be proud of your beautiful granddaugters. God bless xxx

yola
07-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Natalie, what lovely words. I hope the funeral offers some closure for all the family and an opportunity to share some fond memories of your MIL.

smudgley
07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
*Thinking of you today Natalie*

We still have quite a bit of snow outside, although it's starting to disappear. I'm working from home today. Am going to start doing that at least one day a week now.
Have walked the dog & sorted the cats & Jinx the foster cat is at the vets today (B/T & castration)

Right, better get back to work .... bye for now. Wrap up warm!

meep
07-01-2009, 11:34 AM
What wonderful words Natalie, thinking of you and yours today.

Pale grey it certainely is. It's warmed up a small amount here (although BBC weather make it sound as if Scotland is a tropical paradise compared to the rest of the UK, when really I am still wearing my thermals), but the ice has been replaced by a really thick fog. Very eery, and the sort of cold damp that chills to the bone. brr. Luckily the heating at work has been fixed but I'm still wearing my luxury angora wool socks, as I believe I do have chillblains or something similar! A few itchy red large spot/lumps on my toes. They're definately not bites or rubbing from my shoes, and I do think they were caused by the extreme coldness in the office two days running when I couldn't feel my toes brr.

Half way through the first working week, not really feeling any more motivated but managing to make a start at at the big workload ahead of me. OH's birthday this weekend so I'm making some plans. Trying to workout if there are any good movies on for an afternoon flick on Sunday. I've heard the Spirit is a disappointment, and Che: Part 1 is long and tedious rather than a satisfying film experience. Hmmm.

Hope everyone is keeping warm, and has the weekend in their sights to keep them smiling!

yola
07-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Films? Is Slumdog Millionaire out yet? It sound absolutely superb!!

Just to add, pushchair now sold and will be on it's way to new owners in Ireland!! Sad to see it go really :roll:

dinahsmum
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Natalie - I hope today goes as well as these things can ever go. It is an important first step towards the new situation you will find yourselves in.

Apologies for late arrival. I've had my hair cut (9am appointment - how stupid was that!) and shuffled round town a bit. It is SO cold. Time for a change, methinks.

I don't think Slumdog is out yet. I heard Danny Boyle (I think that's who it was) talking about the making on the radio last week. Wonderful!

WH Smith have 2 top 10 paperbacks for the price of one at the mo. I got Barack Obama's autobiography and the Alan Bennett Uncommon Reader which is beautifully thin and sounded wonderful in the brief extracts I have heard.

calismum
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Hope today brings peace to you all Natalie.

Pale Grey is good for today - we are enveloped in a thick grey mist. Temp is up to 3c tho' so can't complain.

Think England is much colder today, not sure about Wales but assume so as it is south too. Wrap up warm.

Off to Stirling and then to friends in Auchtermuchty today.

Must book Kinsi in to get dressed. Driving me mad, def calling. Poor Alfie is bemused. She'll be 6 months on 13th so hope vet will take her just now.

Hope all yesterdays poorlys are feeling bit better.

angieh
07-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Thinking of you and your family today Natalie.

Yes, sort of opaline grey here today and b***** cold. Poor birds and stray cats and homeless people.

Thanks to everyone who has enquired why I've been AWOL! Sorry - last Friday we had friends over for most of the day and evening, which was a good day and went well and then I took to my bed with "those sort of cramps" and have been there ever since. Perimeno, and yes, I have been to the doctor and am taking the pills but never seem to be able to predict when and how bad it will be. I do have a low pain threshold too I presume. Yesterday, although on the mend, my ISP had major equipment problems and so we had no internet all day.

Just about back to normal today except my OH is in a very bad mood and I would just love to go back to bed to get out of his way.

Have a good day everyone - keep warm - hope to see you at the quiz tonight.

{PS - I am trying to change my avatar, honest!}

Moli
07-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Thoughts with you today Natalie.....

Damp here, but sunny, and now where nearly as cold....got some hopping to do, mutt walking and thats about it..
Have a really sore back this morning, can't bend down, hopfully it will be ok tomorrow....

Good to see you back Angie....

MrsH
07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Thinking of you and your family today Natalie.

Did my bit for Marks and Spencer this morning. Now that I'm not working but doing lots of dog walking instead, I didn't have enough of the right sort of clothes - too many smart jackets and not enough casuals! I've put that right now but have to try to find room for the jeans, trousers, jumpers etc!

dandysmom
07-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Natalie, thoughts are with you today. Angie, glad you're back, and like the avatar!

Grey is the perfect description of our weather: all day steady rain continues for the second day, rather depressing. But could have been so much worse; people to the North of the City got ice, bad roads, school closings, power lines down, etc, so can't really complain. Slept in again and went on line early to set questions for the quiz tonight. Getting harder to find good ones! No news here, really.

Stay warm and dry, all!

Kazz
07-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Natalie, thoughts are with you today. Angie, glad you're back.

I like the colour for the day I am a grey person think it is a very underated colour.:) Shades of grey. :)

Been to work today had another great day got a visit tomorrow big bosses coming and a change of regional manager....new brooms etc but I know him from when he was in stores himself ;) so we should be fine.
Took Sal out already and had dinner roast pork lovely.

May pop out for a little bit then will be bak have a shower and bed up early for work tomorrow - see how they have left my warehouse....(you know I love my job, seriously I do)

Hope eveyrone has a good day DM thanks for the heads up on the books I need a few more, will have a look - plus I am having my hair cut and coloured on Fri..... going blonde.

Karen

yola
07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Blonde? That should suit you really nicely . . . we will be stamping our feet for pictures; you know that dont you :D

dandysmom
07-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Isn't it in the Catsey bylaws somewhere that if a member changes hair color/style, a picture is required......

Moli
07-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Isn't it in the Catsey bylaws somewhere that if a member changes hair color/style, a picture is required......

:shock: :shock: :shock:

dandysmom
07-01-2009, 11:42 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Just a feeble attempt at humor, Moli.....:-D

EmmaG
08-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Thinking of you today Natalie :(

Well busy day, work, then popped to Sainsburys to do some food shopping, then home to do loads of housework. Didn't stop until 8pm then OH came home, cooked his dinner. Thought "right I will have a nice warm bath and relax" only to put too much cold water in it and spent 30 mins laying in cold water waiting for the water to heat up, eventually had a warm(ish) bath and I am now off to bed. Wished I stayed in there this morning!!! LOL