PDA

View Full Version : Catsey by Candle Light

Elaine
06-01-2009, 05:00 PM
The bloody lights fused this morning:roll:
The fuse box is pre 19th centuary, very high up, G has lent out the step ladders and I cannt find any bloody fuse wire.
I havent been able to have a shower today as we dont have a window in the bathroom so have now came home and settled down with a cuppa the pc and several candles:lol:
Pat please dont call me at any time soon coz I will probably break a leg by falling over something trying to find the phone:lol: :lol: :lol:

calismum
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
poor you - But I've heard candles are so relaxing - are they not!!!!!!!

Seriously hope you get them fixed soon. My friend near Chapel of Garioch said it was -9 when he walked the dog last night.

Elaine
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
poor you - But I've heard candles are so relaxing - are they not!!!!!!!

Seriously hope you get them fixed soon. My friend near Chapel of Garioch said it was -9 when he walked the dog last night.

The light from the candles isnt great so it makes for slow typing:lol:
Chapel of Garioch is a pretty little place and I'd imagine, colder than the city but it was freezing last night.

yola
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Is it just your lights Elaine or has your heating gone as well :shock: If it's just lights that's an annoyance really . . . if heating and other power; a major problem!!

Elaine
06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
It was just the lights Yola. G is now home and we have lights again, wish he hadnt bothered coz now I can see the mountain of dishes that need doing:lol: :lol: :lol: How ungrateful am I?;)

Natalie
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
That's a shame Elaine and you could have had a nice romantic evening by candlelight ;-)

Elaine
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
That's a shame Elaine and you could have had a nice romantic evening by candlelight ;-)

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Really???? You mean invite some nice young man round and order chinese food or something?
You cannt possibly mean me and the cactus having a romantic evening surely?:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Liz
06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
It was Minus 9 here last night - we are 5 miles from Chapel of garioch and it was the same temp this morning being taken a walk by 2 Border Colies on extension leads at 6am is one way to wake up!

yola
06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Just re-reading your initial post Elaine; a pre-19thC fusebox???? Surely you jest . . . that would have been a gas-powered fusebox :shock:

Kazz
06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Just re-reading your initial post Elaine; a pre-19thC fusebox???? Surely you jest . . . that would have been a gas-powered fusebox :shock:

Yola I think she means the fuse box is run by winding it up................:-D ......I dont think electrics and Elaine go together.

dandysmom
06-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Yola I think she means the fuse box is run by winding it up................:-D ......I dont think electrics and Elaine go together.

Elaine, I had no idea your neighborhood was that old! When the watchman comes around to light the gas lamps early because it gets dark so soon, perhaps he could have re-lit your fuse box for you ......:-D

Mags
06-01-2009, 10:55 PM
We had our fusebox replaced a couple of years ago when the guy who did our central heating told us the old style fuse boxes were illegal now:shock::?

Kazz
06-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I have to get mine redone I think too..............

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Elaine, I had no idea your neighborhood was that old! When the watchman comes around to light the gas lamps early because it gets dark so soon, perhaps he could have re-lit your fuse box for you ......:-D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant!

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:05 PM
We had our fusebox replaced a couple of years ago when the guy who did our central heating told us the old style fuse boxes were illegal now:shock::?

Illegal? Really?:shock:

Mags
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Illegal? Really?:shock:
That's what we were told anyway..:?
We've got the flip switch one now.......if anything goes you just flip all the switches and then flip them back on again....and hey presto the light is back on.

Kazz
06-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Thats it Elaine the electric policeman will be around yours soon with old style fuse box detectors.....................Ohhhhhh Elaine's in trouble....Mags said so.

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:08 PM

I did jest but it is old:lol:

You are right there Kazz:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Thats it Elaine the electric policeman will be around yours soon with old style fuse box detectors.....................Ohhhhhh Elaine's in trouble....Mags said so.

Story of my life then.... I'm always in trouble for something:-D

Mags
06-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Of course it could have been a way of getting extra business!:roll:

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Story of my life then.... I'm always in trouble for something:-D

Very true!!:roll: :lol:

dandysmom
06-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Actually I shouldn't be laughing: my fuse box is the original one from when the house was built in 1928! I have no idea if it's illegal or not; suspect it is....

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Surely the meter reading men would have said something or perhaps not....

Mags
06-01-2009, 11:18 PM
They don't read the fuse box do they....:lol:

Kazz
06-01-2009, 11:20 PM

Not normaly Mags.....not normaly.

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:21 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: no silly, but the meter is beside the fuse box.

Mags
06-01-2009, 11:22 PM
They only have their minds on their specific job then! :-D

dandysmom

We're very modern here; no more actual meter reading by a human. The boxes were moved outside quite a few years back, and a truck drives by and points an electronic sort of thing at it that records the numbers for billing. A nice improvement; if you were at work when the meter reader came by he left a card and you had to copy down the dials and mail it back for a true rather than estimated reading.

Moli

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Oi!!! Stop laughing at me tinky winky:lol:

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:26 PM

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:26 PM
We're very modern here; no more actual meter reading by a human. The boxes were moved outside quite a few years back, and a truck drives by and points an electronic sort of thing at it that records the numbers for billing. A nice improvement; if you were at work when the meter reader came by he left a card and you had to copy down the dials and mail it back for a true rather than estimated reading.

Now thats clever. My buzzer is busted so I dont know if there is any one at the door or not any way:lol:

Mags
06-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Aren't we awful having a laugh at your misfortune this morning Elaine..:lol:

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:27 PM
My box is outside too, so they come and read it without me knowing..

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:28 PM

You started it Mags...:lol:

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:31 PM

I know, poor old little me:lol: You'd think I'd learn to shut my mouth and stop telling you all my misfortunes wouldnt you? But oh no, not me, set myself up for the ridicule every damned time:lol: :lol: :lol:

My box is outside too, so they come and read it without me knowing..

:shock: :shock: :shock: You're what is outside?:lol:

dandysmom
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
You started it Mags...:lol:

Whoever started it, it's been livelier that it's been in ages! You're a good sport, Elaine!

Moli
My meter!..........

Mags
Whoever started it, it's been livelier that it's been in ages! You're a good sport, Elaine!
I'll second that Eileen! ;)

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:33 PM

She is naturally very funny Eileen....:lol:

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:33 PM

I'm a bloody fool Eileen:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Ah! but you are a good sport Elaine....;)

Elaine
06-01-2009, 11:38 PM
This thread just got me thinking and made me laugh about the time my oven door blew off and smashed:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dont know why but it did.
Think I'd smashed a glass or something earlier that day and when the oven door blew off, G came running through asking me what i did, I said i just looked at it, so he told me to shut my neyes and go to bed before any of the windows or mirrors smashed too. Cheeky git.:lol:

Moli
06-01-2009, 11:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like good advice to me!!!