PDA

View Full Version : Argos

kado
29-12-2008, 03:23 PM
I was checking out the pet section like i always do and Argos have started selling rabbit hutches again. They are defentley small for rabbits its only on line though.

Donna
29-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Its a disgrace they say they are suitable for rabbits. I know Argos were attacked a while back for this... maybe they have ignored all the public opinion... I would like the Argos owner to live in a box no bigger than a coffin and see if he sees that as "suitable".

kado
29-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I totaly agree with you Donna. I would never buy from anywhere like that they are so badly made and i doubt they would pass the animal welfare act as well. I will only go to one place which is Happy Hutch.

Donna
29-12-2008, 05:34 PM
It makes me so mad that people get rabbits and chuck them in a box no bigger than a coffin at the end of their garden.

What kind of life is that??????????????? It makes me sick. People treat cats and dogs so much better than poor rabbits.

kado
29-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Just looked at it again and it has realy large wire and the size is
External size when set up (H)94, (W)122, (D)69cm.

Internal dimensions when set up (H)84, (W)112, (D)59cm.

It is sold a two tier hutch

CathyW
29-12-2008, 10:44 PM
when my son had a rabbit. big french lop eared fella. he was huge. and during the summer he used to come out the front garden with us and eat the clover.
he used to play in the garden with our dog (greyhound cross) they where best of buddies.
and in the winter he used to come in the house and do his *biz* on newspaper. did cause probs when i sat on the floor to read a paper once he peed on it. but he only went in his cage to sleep at night.
when he was PTS i was really upset.

alexgirl73
30-12-2008, 12:07 AM
One of the best things I ever did was get the chickens. In my naivety, when we got Minstrel I didn't know much about keeping rabbits, and didn't realise he was best kept with another bunny. I had only ever heard of people keeping one at a time before. He has had plenty of attention from us, but since the chickens came along, he runs up and down the garden with them, having a fine old time. The chooks don't bother with him, they're usually too busy hopping in and out of his hutch eatnig his food lol!

janey83
30-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Its the same with the fish tanks in Argos, they are WAAAAAYYYY too small, even to house just one fish! I get annoyed wheneven I see that they still have them in the book! Booooooo!