PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say

Kazz
11-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I LOVE CHRISTMAS....I have just been out doing a quick bit of shopping.....brought myself a pair of ankle boots lovely soft leather in black...like wearing a second skin. I can't abide anyone buying me shoes, although they will be a Christmas present to me. I don't know what I like till I see it anyhow, although I adore buying for others can't stand people buying for me.....dd eh...its the control freak in me I think. Brought prezzies for family too.....Ohhhhhhhhhh..... I adore Christmas...........

Moli
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Your new boots sound great Kazz, i know what you mean about not knowing what you want till you see it...as for Christmas, not a big fan, loved it when the kids were small....

Mags
11-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm the same Kazz, I love Christmas too :D I love the build up, I love the decorations, I love all the baking involved, the Christmas dinner......... and then everyone relaxing after and having a good time.:D

dandysmom
11-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I think Christmas is always more meaningful for those who have children and family to share it with. Not that I don't enjoy the Christmas season. I do, but it's different.

Natalie
12-12-2008, 06:29 AM
I too adore Christmas but then I have small children and a family to share it with.

It must be an awful time of year for those who have nobody and are left home and alone. We get so many at work who are elderly and have lost their OH and are lonely and alone. Tis very sad.

My mother in law is terminally ill with Cancer. She has battled with it for the past 18 months and she is on her final days/weeks now being cared for in a nursing home. She is only 69. I pray that she will battle on till at least the new year.

Sorry getting sidetracked there :-(

janey83
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Thinkin bout ya matron...

I love xmas, even though its just me, my mum and dad, brother and grandad.
Loved it alot more when I was younger though. Me, my bro and my cousins use to put on a play for our parents and grandparents. But then my uncle had an affair and my auntie met someone else and doesnt want anythin to do with her own family now pffft. Oh well.

Sorry, lol that was a bit depressing!!!. :roll:

Kazz
12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Tell you what Janey consider putting the play on again. Christmas is a time for memories as well as wishes.

Moli
12-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I loved it as a child, I am one of 7, so Christmas as a big thing in our house.....My Dad used to go out into the garden when we were all in bed and rattle some little bells, this was Santa's sleigh bells, and we knew we had to get to sleep...

janey83
13-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I loved it as a child, I am one of 7, so Christmas as a big thing in our house.....My Dad used to go out into the garden when we were all in bed and rattle some little bells, this was Santa's sleigh bells, and we knew we had to get to sleep...

I remember once hearing bells and I really thought it was father christmas. I can still remember the feeling i got as well. I must of only been about 6 yrs old.
On Christmas eve night I was in bed and all of a sudden I heard these bells (in the distance!), I opened my eyes and held my breath to see if I could hear them again, but didnt. So I looked out of my window into the sky to see if I could see the big guy (I didnt:( .) Xmas morning came and I told my parents I had heard the sleigh bells and they were like 'did you?', 'we didnt hear anythin!'