PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Daily

dinahsmum
26-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Good morning all. Another chilly one, though the forecast is for a few days of warmer.
Let's do a sick parade.
Yola - hope you're feeling much better today. Was it the dreaded Noro, do you think?
Donna - are you better now, or at least getting better? It's a while since we've had an update
Boys Mum - have you got your appointment?
Anyone I've Omitted - Hope things are getting better.
It must be winter :(

I've no news or exciting plans. A mooch about town I think, which may also include a visit to the coffee shop. Have a lovely day everyone

Jac
26-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Morning DM

Waiting on the guy to come and finish the tiles in the kitchen.
Been out a lovely walk with Barney (Ceilidh is with her dad)
Going to the gym in a bit, then will see if I can get an appointment at the hairdressers.
Getting ready for Christmas.
Hehe Barney can bark!!! Just went nuts at the window cleaner:lol:
For all that are unwell I hope you feel a bit better today.

Kazz
26-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Hiya all

Well I have exciting plans too as I am off to work shortly....well soon actually.

Cold here but not as cold as yesterday....and contrary to the general opinion....I LOVE winter......:)....just to be different.

Hope everyone is good.

DM How is your canopy sorry if thats not what its called? Did you consider a glass room or conservatory at all or was that not what you wanted at all....

Hope everyone is good now.....see you later Karen

janey83
26-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Its a cloudy day here, not sure how cold it is as ive not been outside yet.

Might be goin the cinema this afternoon to watch that four christmas's film... not sure though.
Then goin out tonight for a meal coz its my grandads bday.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

angieh
26-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Morning everyone! It's very overcast here and chilly - not as nice as yesterday's blue sky. Birds are feeding hard and OH says colder weather is forecast again for the weekend.

I have some urgent typing to do today - so that's put paid to washing the kitchen floor! Change my plans at the drop of a hat (luckily!)

I also hope poorly people are feeling better to day - Yola? Donna?? Anyone else???

Keep cosy everyone and give all your feline friends an extra cuddle from me!

Mags
26-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Sunny again here and quite mild.

Nothing exciting here, back to the chores after my lovely day out in Cardiff yesterday.
I must defrost the freezer sometime soon .......I bought a fridge/freezer defrosting spray in Lakeland yesterday and it'll be interesting to see how well it works. Has anyone used it?

Hope the poorly people are improving...

Hope you all have a lovely day!:D

Moli
26-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Afternoon ladies, lovely here again, woke up to a police helicopter hovering outside the window!!!
Got food shopping today, and really must find something for the dinner tomorrow...Hubby is half day today, then off till Monday for Thanksgiving...
Hope all the poorly people feel better soon...

yola
26-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Police helicopter outside your window Moli? Sounds like central Reading LOL :shock:

Only very slightly better here :( Have just googled norovirus and yes, it sounds very much like it - with all the full-on flu-type symptoms. One of the girls in the office also has it also. I didn't get out to collect the boys yesterday as I really couldn't move out of bed.

I'm so very hungry so might try a slice of toast, otherwise back to bed for me now.

Jac - lovely to see you around again, but sorry things are not so good. Will get in touch soon.

Moli
26-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Police helicopter outside your window Moli? Sounds like central Reading LOL :shock:

Only very slightly better here :( Have just googled norovirus and yes, it sounds very much like it - with all the full-on flu-type symptoms. One of the girls in the office also has it also. I didn't get out to collect the boys yesterday as I really couldn't move out of bed.

I'm so very hungry so might try a slice of toast, otherwise back to bed for me now.

Jac - lovely to see you around again, but sorry things are not so good. Will get in touch soon.
Hope you start feeling better soon Yola, take it easy for a few days;)

dinahsmum
26-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Back to bed Yola!
Get well soon. Trouble is that these things leave you so weak.

Kazz - see 'It's finished' in Home and Garden.

meep
26-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Afternoon all! Just checking on, not really got time to read through everyone's posts - sorry! - I'm super busy at work. Was at an all-day event yesterday, preparing for an all-day event tomorrow, travelling up to Aberdeen twice in the next week for more work events. Craziness!

Me, OH and cats are all well :)

dandysmom
26-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Afternoon! Grey and dismal, chilly, 3C, wind chill 0! But supposed to be sunny and a bit warmer for Thanksgiving tomorrow. It was a madhouse at the market this morning; usually quiet at the time I'm there, about 9 am, but the aisles were jammed with loaded carts as people were obviously stocking up for dinner tomorrow. Thank God for express checkouts! Nothing special planned for the day.

Hope to see you at the quiz tonight!

pinklizzy
26-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Evening!
Cold, cold, cold here today but nice and crisp which is nice-I love the winter too Kazz!
Busy season at work, unfortunately a lot of dogs that have ingested rat poison :( , it's that time of year on the farms with two in today alone, these two were lucky though and didn't require a transfusion or similar.
Day off tomorrow, off to the hospital for cardiac tests-not sure what it'll involve but I'm actually quite interested to see what they do! :-D