PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread ~ Sunday

Mags
23-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Morning everyone!:D

It's brightening up here now after hours of rain.......... I'm relieved that the snow hasn't reached the south-west yet, hopefully we'll miss it. It appears to be pretty bad from the Midlands up, so those in that area, take care.

Nothing special happening here, just catching up on a few jobs.....

Have an enjoyable day all......stay warm, stay safe:D

EmmaG
23-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Morning all,

Snowing here :) off to lunch if the weather is ok, and then over to my parents to see my brother, SIL and nephew.

Have a good day everybody

dinahsmum
23-11-2008, 11:09 AM
It's a filthy day here - hammering down with rain and cold too. Ho hum.
Off to take mum out to lunch soon
See you tomorrow - stay warm everyone

CathyW
23-11-2008, 11:24 AM
did have snow n now got rain really dont like it. boys not impressed.
oh morning all.
have a good one and keep warm all.

meep
23-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Morning all! I woke up early to lots of rain hammering against the window, but woke up later (it is a sunday after all ;) ) to find a crisp, chilly but sunny day outside. No sign of snow whatsoever, but in the whole time I've lived in Glasgow (5 1/2 years) there's only been one day of snow!

Went into town yesterday and managed some succesful christmas shopping! Hurrah! Not finished yet, still got a few big 'uns to get, but it's nice to have a few things ticked off the list. Bought my Book Club book too, excited about starting that.

The 'no cats in the bedroom' rule had a slight dip last night (will post more in other thread) but both boys still seem happy. Today's a day of cleaning, maybe gym, and relaxing before one of the busiest weeks at work so far this year.

Have a good day all and stay warm!

PoshPuss
23-11-2008, 12:11 PM
No Snow here just rain and more rain, now and again a bit of blue sky, ...then rain !
Keep warm and safe all you snowy lot. A lazy morning then off to yoga session this pm. Last day of my week off :( it's gone so quickly, need a few more to really get done what I'd planned but there ya go.
Posh is eating well, sleeping and having a litle play now and again, so she's in form. No meowing yet, probably still has a sore throat from the tube. Found time and energy to taunt Bron this morning :) OH and me still getting over the disappointing loss to the All Blacks, thought it was going to be our year, never mind.

Moli
23-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Afternoon Ladies, looks like it ll be another nice day here....Feeling bit more human today...
Had a wander round the shops yesterday, they are huge, you need a day to get round one of them, then back the next day to make sure you have not missed anything!!
I must admit missing my babies, funny getting up without being greeted by a pack of hungry animals!!!!
Have not seen any cats yet, although one of the neighbours have 2 poodles, who looks as if they might be ankle biters, needles to say, I avoided them!!
Bob is taking me to meet a couple of friends of his today, then look for a pair of casual shoes, for some reason having difficulty finding my size, 41/2-5..they all seem to start at 6....
Hope your weather is not too bad, and everyone has a good day...

angieh
23-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Started off horrible today, raining and very dark cloud cover, but now the sun is shining, it's quite breezy and chilly but at least I have been outside to fill the bird feeders.

Treated ourselves to bacon, mushroom, egg and tomatoes for brunch this morning - first lie-in for quite a while. Yesterday seemed to go on for ever - do you get those days? Others, blink and they are gone!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Do American ladies generally have big feet then d'you think Moli? Hope you manage to find some to fit!

pinklizzy
23-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Cold and wet here today, planning to spend most of the day indoors! Exhausted after Friday/Saturday but had a great time at the wedding and visiting the show.
Imogen has been having great fun playing with all her new toys-I was woken up at 3am by the toy mouse being thrown at the bedroom door! :roll: :D
Hope everyone stays warm this afternoon.
Lx

dandysmom
23-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Afternoon, people! Sunny and actually above freezing today, 2C! This cold spell is supposed to last for quite a few days; not happy, but what can you do? Houston weather sounds lovely for Pat...and yes, Angie, I believe American women do tend to have big feet! I take an 8 1/2 B, don't know what that is in European sizes...
To the market as usual, lovely fresh spinach and a crab cake for tonight's dinner. Leia shunned the porch and is napping in the sun in my, sorry, her chair in the back room....easy life!

Stay warm and dry all!

Phoenix
23-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Evening everyone! Dylan and I have had really cold weather up here today, Dylan went out into the snow but got rather frightened of it, so came back in after about 5 seconds. Got a few pictures though, posted them in pictures! :-D