PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Fraud!!

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm mad as a wet hen! Apparently a hacker managed to get my credit card number, I was alerted by Chase Bank, the fraudulent charges have been removed but the account had to be closed. I won't get a new card till Wednesday; then will have to go on line to every place I order and change the billing info!! Plus the places I have things billed automatically like the Post, my cell phone account and Earthlink; going to take half a day to take care of! I do 99% of my shopping online, have for years. and am so annoyed at the creep that's done this! :twisted: Please join me in sending bad vibes to whoever it was!

Moli
17-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Sending evil vibes to the *******!!!!hope they catch whoever it is.......

Phoenix
17-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Plenty of bad vibes coming from me and HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS from Dylan to the evil person who did that! :evil:

HappyKatz
17-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I can't believe people would do that! :evil: People like that don't have hearts...
Unlimited bad ((((vibes)))) to that evil person who stole your information!!!

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks, all! I hope they catch the SOB, I'm sure I'm not the only one he's hacked. And I'm so careful on line, always watch for the secure site lock.... but that apparently doesn't deter a hacker!

PoshPuss
17-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Evil swine! Glad you'll be compensated DM but it still shakes your faith to the core ....GRRRR!
Seems nothing can stop a determined crook, we're at their mercy!....... joining in the bad vibe wave........

pinklizzy
17-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Evil vibes on their way from here, can't believe people do these things!

angieh
17-11-2008, 09:14 PM
So sorry Eileen - lucky you didn't lose out.

Some months ago, I had a call from my credit card company querying some on line purchases that I had actually made. They changed my card - but I was very thankful that they were actually being proactive and keeping me informed that they thought someone had been hacking into my account. We were doing quite a bit of DIY type purchasing at that point.

Hope they catch the person - trouble is those people are generally very clued up about how things work, whereas the ordinary person, like you or I, only ever find out the hard way. I shred all personal information, but it is so easy to find it elsewhere.

alexgirl73
17-11-2008, 09:20 PM
evil swines !! heaps of bad vibes coming from this end :mad:

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Chase Bank is very good about notifying you if they suspect a charge is out of line with your normal purchasing habits. Fortunately we caught this after he'd only made three charges...one to a sporting goods store in Utah, and two to Sprint...all have been credited. But it's going to be such a mess going through all the sites until I find the place to change billing info... oh well, could have been worse..

meep
17-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh Eileen, that's awful!! What an absolute nightmare. Even though you know everything is 'ok' because you have the money back and it has been detected, the hassle of sorting everything out, as you said, is just beyond frustrating. My dad went through something similar last year, and I sympathise completely. Sending bad vibes to the hacker, and lots of good vibes to you so that it's all plain sailing as much as possible from here!

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks, Meep! Your poor Dad! What really annoys me is that all the time I'll waste on line changing billing info is time I won't be on Catsey!!!!!!

Kazz
17-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Oh Gosh I am sorry Eileen, but pleased the bank sorted it asap...must have a good system to pick it up without you alerting them.

janey83
17-11-2008, 09:43 PM
That happend to my mum, she noticed money coming out of her account £5 here and there plus overseas transaction fees, she'd never taken the card with her on holiday either, then they topped up their mobile for £25... My mum just used her card in shops here. Everythings fine now though.

dandysmom
17-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh your poor Mum! This had to be a computer hacker, as that card is one I use only for online transactions, never in shops or restaurants, so it's not a question of a clerk or waiter copying the info. And I shred all statements, etc., so that's not it either. It's taught mer a lesson, however' I'm going to start checking my credit card accounts daily on line to look for charges not made by me.

Mags
17-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm so sorry Eileen, what an awful shock for you...:( glad your bank was so vigilant, let's hope they catch the rotter...
((((hugs))))

MrsH
18-11-2008, 01:00 AM
How awful that this has happened, good job that your bank was onto it so quickly. What a pain that you've now got to amend all your details for billing though, wouldn't it be great if someone were to hack into the hacker's accounts? that would be justice - evil swine!!

dandysmom
18-11-2008, 02:57 AM
What a lovely thought, Mrs H!!! Bad cess to him!

dinahsmum
18-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh yes - witchy wishes on your hacker from me.
At least the banks seem to be able to find them out very soon after they start their nonsense, life would be much easier if they could prevent.
I guess we have to balance the ease of card use compared with these occasional setbacks and the alternative of using cash, mailing cash, losing cash, mistakenly getting the wrong change etc etc. Maybe it's not so bad if you look at it that way.
Stay cool Eileen - he'll get his!

Elaine
18-11-2008, 10:25 AM
You have my sympathies Eileen and a hex on the hacker.
Happened to me before too, glad your bank was quick to notice the unusual activity. Mine was pretty good too but its all the hassle of sorting it all out...

dandysmom
18-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Yep, all the hassle! New card came this morning, have activated it and started changing billing info...first ones I changed were my computer server and cell phone...can't be without them! And the sites are so confusing trying to figure out where to go to change billing info! Have a long list in front of me of places to notify...

meep
18-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh Eileen, it all sounds so much hassle and a pain in the bum! Good luck with it all, have a glass of wine as a treat this evening for all your hard work sorting it out!

dandysmom
18-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Indeed it is! As I always have a glass of wine in the afternoon will heed your advice and make it two!! Life goes on!

calismum
19-11-2008, 01:11 AM
What a total pain. I just get so annoyed when I hear things like that.

I am a total scaredy cat and have never ordered or paid for anything on line.

I hope that you manage to get all your stuff changed over without too much trouble.

dandysmom
19-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Been a busy gal today, have everything changed now but the cat insurance; and that's not due until next Spring. Can't believe I got the new card today!