PDA

View Full Version : Good Moaning Monday.

Natalie
27-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm shattered and its all Koko's fault. He was wandering around last night crying I guess for his mummy so I ended up going to bed at 9PM to get him settled and cuddled. She spent the night wrapped around my head and then crying at 5am! He has me wrapped around his paw already. I took him downstairs and shut him in the conservatory with breakfast, heating on full and radio 2. He is sooo loud.

Currently have a Yorkshire brew (bliss) in bed before shower and then work for 7.30. Have applied for another job with more legal hours so fingers crossed lol.

Hubby is on nights tonight so Koko will get even more spoilt. Poor Belle is watching action from the wings.
He is still not eating much but I'm trying not to pander too much at his demands. Catsey whisperer where are you?

yola
27-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh dear! Poor Koko sounds a bit upset. It WILL calm down. I think I got very little sleep for the first couple of nights when Myshka joined us . . . kept coming downstairs to check on him!

Today is the first day of 1/2 term and I'm going to take the boys to my Mums for the day. I'm feeling very much refreshed after going to bed very early last night and with no cat-scrapping or baby-waking :D

The sun is shining but it's VERY cold outside . . . but I'd rather that than damp and warm :roll:

dinahsmum
27-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Chilly and bright here.
Siamese are very vocal - did we not tell you that? Ooops! Even when he is settled in and fine he'll still shout for you from one end of the house to the other. And they pick up on moods very easily - so try to run your current anxiety levels down and hopefuly he will mirror.
Half term? I suppose it must be. Looks like it might be dry, so that is good for everyone.
Have a good day everyone

angieh
27-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Koko has not yet settled, Matron. What a disturbance for all concerned. He sounds as if he is missing his mum - poor little chap, I do feel sympathy for him and for you and your family too.

Glad you are feeling better Yola - yes it's bright and cold here too this morning. I have to wrap up my tree fern today as they say it's going to get colder this week. Don't forget to protect your little olive tree!

I have to phone the vet in a moment as Merlin is hungry, but can't or won't eat and if he takes anything, he brings it straight back up again. I'll keep you posted later on.

Sorry - morning DM you posted as I did!

kado
27-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Its realy bright here this morning. Tax credits has messed my claim up for the girls. At first they said i could ammend the details for them over the phone now they say i have to send in there birth certificates delaying it another 3-weeks. I do not get anything for them not even child bennifit that takes at least 8 wks from start to getting it. Its so B****y annoying that they would have had the certificates by now if i had been informed properly the first time i called. Not much more doing today apart from taking guinness to the vets at 12 to see whats wrong with his skin. I also booked buscuit in for neutering today for 10th November. It gives me anough time to save for it.

jane

Donna
27-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Morning all,
Still off work.. saw doctor today who has signed me off for two more weeks and is sending me to the hospital today for further investigation as she doesnt like the look of me! She still convinced its mumps but thought I would be getting better by now so wants a second opinion.

Hope you all having a better day than me.

Kazz
27-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Hiya all day of today (change of rota at work due to holidays etc) anyhow off today and its a nice day too.

Not sure what I will do, but sure it will be something ;).

Everyone have a good day Kado and Angie I have sent you both Pm's (different ones ;) )

Donna mumps always remind me of shingles (no idea why), I wonder if you being stressed over being off is having a detrimental effect on your recovery. Anyhow best luck.

kado
27-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Kazz i have pm you.

meep
27-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Afternoon all! It's so cold here; I am desperate to get a new winter coat. (My old one was pulled out the wardrobe covered in mildew :?) But I'm down to my last pennies and pay day is tomorrow, so couldn't buy one this weekend past. Have just looked at BBC weather and MAX temp tomorrow is 3C :( Min is -2. Lordy!

Busy at work, far too busy. A lack of strict management here means people don't realise just how my marketing work works, so they've decided to run all our events in November, not organised anything till last minute, and I'm now working frantically to get some marketing materials out for them or we won't be able to promote them! Stressed to say the least.

The boys were evidently confused by clock changing over the weekend. They woke me up this morning at 7am (their usual time of being fed is 7.30, so it was actuall y 8am before clocks moved back). Both of them were sitting on my pillow and Darcy was persistently eating my hair and pulling it at the root :roll: They'll just have to adapt. I'm guessing they'll be freaking out a bitw hen I get home tonight too, as it'll be dark by the time I get in and I normally get home when it's light. Also, I'm sure the clocks going back has affected my eating habits and therefore my appetite, I am starving! I feel famished. I'm still hungry now and I've just had a huge ham and cheese panini :roll:

Watching Little Dorrit last night, quite enjoyed it :) Haven't read the book, although I do enjoy Dickens. So will be tuning into that again.

Matron, sorry to hear Koko isn't settled yet. It hasn't been too long since he left his mum though and as others have said, Siamese are very vocal! Once he's settled in he'll start crying for attention from you, and not for him mum, and you can have wee conversations with him :)

Donna, I really hope the hospital visit goes ok! So sorry to hear you're not on the mend yet, lets hope they get you healed up soon.

Angie, I'm sending lets of get better thoughts to Merlin too. Poor lad, I really hope the vet finds something minor that they can fix and he can get a good dinner in his belly again :)

Moli
27-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Afternoon, we have the whole spectrum of weather today, sun, wind, hail stones, rain, and its really cold...time for the thermals I think!!!
Nothing much planned, just doing odds and ends at home..Then get wrapped up warm for the dog walk.....

Matron, I remember it well when a new Siamese joined the family!!!!

PoshPuss
27-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Afternoon girls! I'm sorry I've not been on but these night shifts knock me bandy! :shock:
Hope Koko settles down soon but I think the 'talking' is a very strong Siamese trait and yes, it's hard not to spoil the little darling.
GWS Donna and hope the finances can be sorted quickly K
Kado.
Yep its a brrrrrrrrrrr cold one here today... winter draws on ;)

Elaine
27-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Wind, rain, snow and sleet here. Have been out walking the dogs through most of it, just getting ready to go to my wee cleaning job, this is my last week of it YAY!!!
Hope every one has had a good day xxx

dandysmom
27-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Cold by our standards here, only 10C, and very blustery, grey skies. Glad I'm not in bonny Scotland, though, brrr! Moli, my thermals have been in use for days! Did the other market run for stuff Fresh Fields doesn't carry (Leia's food, she hates the healthy organic stuff!). Had a buy-one--get-one-free coupon for the pricy Sheba ($l.19 for a 3 oz tin!), so got her some of the tuna and chicken...odd combination, but she loves it! Nat, Siamese do talk and talk and talk! Often, and loudly! Koko should be settling soon. Kazz, it's chicken pox that can recur as shingles later; my Dad got them, very nasty! I'm nattering ........

Stay warm, have a nice afternoon!

Natalie
27-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I knew siamese were very vocal and I knew he would cry, I guess it just upset me because he wouldn't eat and keep waking the girls with his vocal singing!!!

He has eaten some food today and some of Andrews scrambled egg lol.

Must learn to be firm with his demands lol.

Posh - I so feel for you being on nights. They suck.

For those of you who are poorly or cold then Matron prescribes lots of hot chocolate all round.

angieh
27-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh - yes please - hot chocolate!

meep
27-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Hot Choc :D Might have a cup of that tonight, since it'll be reach freezing outside and I forgot to turn on the heater last night to heat up the house for today (storage heating :roll:)

dandysmom
27-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I'll be taking my antifreeze in liquid form also ...gin!

Natalie
27-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I'll be taking my antifreeze in liquid form also ...gin!

Now your my kind of girl :-P

Tonic, ice and slice of lime.......Perfick :D

dandysmom
27-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I love G & T, also martinis and Bloody Marys! Pity we're on the opposite sides of thr Pond; I'dd love to sit down and have a good natter about cats, books, gardening and life in general!

Natalie
27-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I love G & T, also martinis and Bloody Marys! Pity we're on the opposite sides of thr Pond; I'dd love to sit down and have a good natter about cats, books, gardening and life in general!

Ditto!

Maybe a Catsey meet needs to be arranged for 2009?

yola
27-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Ditto!

Maybe a Catsey meet needs to be arranged for 2009?

Oooo - yes please!

I missed the main 2007 one at the NEC Cat Show (whole family had dickey tummies).