PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread/Sunday

Erin
26-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Morning all,
Its dull,wet and cold here today. I enjoyed my extra hour in bed last night, so nice to actually sleep in rather than work it!!!
Off out to work soon,its been a real hard week at work,so draining,Im hopeing its going to be a little better today.

Hope everyone has a good day :D

Natalie
26-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Bore da.

Trying to get some routine going here but its hard with Poppy chasing the cats with a mouse. Cooked up some cod for the new fella but he has gone hiding again. Belle thoroughly enjoyed it though. They have had a hissy spat thing but not too bad.

Off to see my MIL whom is poorly then its sainsburys to get some food in and relax this afternoon and maybe use a stun gun on Miss Pop. Millie will be back tonight so she has yet to meet Koko.

Its dull and grey here in God's country!

calismum
26-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Morning everyone

Its dry (hurrah) but big black cloud on its way. I'm amazed that a few flowers have hung on. Took some pics and will post them later.

Need to go and get my watch strap repaired, I burst it last nigh struggling out of soaked thru' sleeves.

Continue to make my curtains. One done, one to go - need to find hooks.

Nothing else planned unless by some miracle it stays dry.

CM

Moli
26-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning!Its beautiful here this morning, and very little wind for a change...cold though.....Not sure what the day will bring, play it by ear I think.....
Someone thought it would be funny to let the kittens out at 7, resulting with 4 purrers jumping on my bed, and telling me it is breakfast time......
Have a lovely day all.........

dinahsmum
26-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Wet and yuccky here, though not cold - yet! The forecast for mid-week sounds a bit daunting. I hope all the people who had such bad weather yestrday are having it a bit better today.
No plans. It seems ages since we've had a Sunday together so I think it will be just papers, TV sport, long lunch and chill - oh, and recover from the clock change of course. It's amazing how that seems to take a couple of days to cope with.
Looking forward to the first episode of Little Dorrit on TV tonight. I'm not famiiar with the book - are you? Watched Michael Clayton last night - good film, with lovely George.:)

Elaine
26-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Morning all. The sun is shinning but its very cold, the wind has died down a bit thankgod, so Eva has taken advantage and been mouse hunting, Bernie went out but found it too cold for his little feets, so came running back upstairs meowing his head off for the door to be opened for his arrival:lol: , what a pussy:-D .
Midge has recovered from her trauma yesterday and is currently enjoying a grape or two.
Nothing much planned for today.
Have a good day every one.;)

meep
26-10-2008, 11:42 AM
The sun is actually shining today! Although it's still windy and rains occasionally. But not 100% stormy as it was yesterday. Not got any plans for today, was going to be painting the hall but didn't manage to buy paint y'day before the store closed. Also it's only 2 days till pay-day and as such have no pennies to do anything! If the rain holds off for long enough I'll go for a wee walk :) Otherwise I'll be keeping the cats company all day, much to their delight, and maybe do a little sketching.

Have a good day all!

Mags
26-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Morning all, dull and wet today.....looks like the end of BST has thrown us straight into winter..:roll:

Cassie isn't at all interested in going outside yet, she's too comfy curled up in her favourite chair!:D

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots, broccoli and mint sauce for lunch, that should cheer up a gloomy day...:D

Moli
26-10-2008, 11:50 AM
ooh!!Can I come to dinner!!!

dandysmom
26-10-2008, 04:29 PM
We're still on Daylight Saving Time this week; change next Sunday so I didn't get my extra hour. My computer is still on the old schedule for the time change; had to manually reset the time this morning. The heavy rains yesterday ended overnight, and it's a sparkling blue sky day, but chilly, 15 degrees. And much colder predicted for the next few days, but won't probably get a freeze in the City. I still have things blooming, may get one last crop of beans and one lonely tomato! I'm cooking Chinese tonight - Kung Pao chicken, one of my favorites. Nothing new here: did the market run, and just a lazy afternoon with papers and crossword.

Enjoy the day!

Natalie
26-10-2008, 07:53 PM
We're still on Daylight Saving Time this week; change next Sunday so I didn't get my extra hour. My computer is still on the old schedule for the time change; had to manually reset the time this morning. The heavy rains yesterday ended overnight, and it's a sparkling blue sky day, but chilly, 15 degrees. And much colder predicted for the next few days, but won't probably get a freeze in the City. I still have things blooming, may get one last crop of beans and one lonely tomato! I'm cooking Chinese tonight - Kung Pao chicken, one of my favorites. Nothing new here: did the market run, and just a lazy afternoon with papers and crossword.

Enjoy the day!

Kung Pao is my favourite chinese although it's called Kung Po across the pond. Now YOUR making me hungry :-P

Kazz
26-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Hiya all hope you've had a good day. Rainy adn cold here this morning but brightened up mid morning, had a great day at work got loads done.Come home took Sal out now having dinner roast pork and all the trimmings, off to look at the posts. See you all soon

dandysmom
26-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Kung Pao is my favourite chinese although it's called Kung Po across the pond. Now YOUR making me hungry :-P

Do you like Thai food also? Another yummy spicy one is Ka Pow (or Ka Prow) chicken: chicken, scallions, fresh basil and lots of green chilies! I can cook that also; had it about a fortnight ago.....

Natalie
26-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Do you like Thai food also? Another yummy spicy one is Ka Pow (or Ka Prow) chicken: chicken, scallions, fresh basil and lots of green chilies! I can cook that also; had it about a fortnight ago.....

Anything Thai I adore...but you must stop before I start to chew the leg off the table...I'm famished :-P

dandysmom
26-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Stopped! It's only a bit after 4 pm here, we're still in Daylight Savings time for one more week, so I'm not really hungry yet. Sorry to make you salivate.......:-D

yola
26-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Evening! I've had the hangover from hell today. Totally my own fault :oops: I was allowed to stay in bed till late morning as OH took the boys to a football class. Ostensibly for Sebi but Dominik ended up joining in. Sebi's so into football I thought it would be fun for him - aparently he joined in for about 1/2 of the class but then 'went shy' :roll:

Then OH's older children came over for roast dinner (and his little grandson), so once I'd eaten my fill I felt much better :D

Weather's been foul; windy and raining for most of the day.

I'm off to bed now to catch up on the lack of sleep from the last few nights so I will see you all tomorrow.