PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce you to Koko

Natalie
25-10-2008, 02:37 PM
He is in hiding. His parents cried as he left his old family :cry: and has now taken to hiding behind cupboards and is now under my lounge curtains. I hope he settles in soon!!!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/girlie74/Picture001.jpg

Mags
25-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Bless him, he does look rather unsure doesn't he:(.....I expect he'll soon settle in though, plenty of love and cuddles should help..:D

Welcome to Catsey Koko!

alexgirl73
25-10-2008, 02:41 PM
oh he is so lovely!! He'll be bounding about your feet in no time!

dinahsmum
25-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Isn't he beautiful?
He'll soon be bossing you around - just let him find his feet

angieh
25-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Ah bless him - hope he settles in soon. Must be quite unsettling for the dear little chap.

Elaine
25-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Poor baby, they just dont understand whats happening. I am sure he will settle down in no time xxx

PoshPuss
25-10-2008, 04:06 PM
AW bless him :-)I'm sure he'll feel at home real soon. Give him love and cuddles from his Catsey aunties too. He's darling!

Natalie
25-10-2008, 04:20 PM
He loves cuddles but is still shaking and I can't tempt him with food either.

Maybe an evening on my lap will soon soothe his nerves?

Mags
25-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Not many cats can resist a piece of string pulled slowly across the floor....... it may be worth a try, a bit of playtime with you may start to settle him...

dinahsmum
25-10-2008, 04:31 PM
He loves cuddles but is still shaking and I can't tempt him with food either.

Maybe an evening on my lap will soon soothe his nerves?
Bless him
He should be much better after a good night's sleep and he can forget al about the nasty box/car/kidnapping etc.
Can he sleep in your room tonight?
If not, can he have a well-wrapped hot water bottle and a loudly ticking clock (pretend heart) in his bed?

Moli
25-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Bless him, he does looks unsure of whats happening, although give him a day or two and he will be under your feet all the time....He is a gorgeous boy...

dandysmom
25-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Aww, poor little one; all so new and strange, but he'll settle, Has he eaten yet! Cuddles from across the Pond!

yola
25-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh my goodness, Koko is divine!!!! What a beautiful face :D

I'm sure in a couple of days he'll be just fine. I would maybe leave him in a quiet room with some things from around the house to allow him to familiarise himself with all the scents of animals and people. Keep an eye on him but don't crowd him and keep the children at bay for a bit, just until he's a little more relaxed. Poor baby . . . everything must be so new and different and strange for him.

dandysmom
25-10-2008, 07:53 PM
How is Belle reacting?

Natalie
25-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Belle wanted to shake paws with him but he wouldn't come out from the curtain. She kept guard on the stairs and then gave up and went out. He has met Milo and isn't fazed in the slightest which is great considering he hasn't met a dog before.

He is sat in the kitchen crying. He won't eat, won't wee or poo and won't play. He just wants cuddles.
I'm going to let him sleep in a quiet room tonight. Belle has her place now on the bed so don't want to upset her with the new wee fella.

I have noticed his nose is a little runny although he seems bright in himself. Trying not to get overly worried!!!

dandysmom
25-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Good news that the dog hasn't fazed him at all; also that Belle didn't do a hissy-spitty thing! Hopefully after a night's sleep he'll feel a bit more confident, eat and explore.

candyshandy
25-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Welcome Koko!!! :)

I'm sure he'll be up to no good soon ;)

xx

random
25-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh bless him, he's gorgeous!

My meezer Kiara was exactly the same when she came home and took her a couple of weeks to stop hiding behind the wardrobe, had me looking for her for hours the wee minx!

She's a right fusspot now though so i'm sure he will be fine.

calismum
26-10-2008, 12:03 AM
He looks lovely. I'm sure he'll be fine in no time at all.

When I got my kitten she didn't pee for the first day and pooed the day after. I was almost at the point of calling vet for advice. Since then a few folks have said the same thing so I wouldn't worry too much.

By this time next week you'll be wishing he'd hide under the curtains just for 5 mins peace!

CM

Natalie
26-10-2008, 08:12 AM
He looks lovely. I'm sure he'll be fine in no time at all.

When I got my kitten she didn't pee for the first day and pooed the day after. I was almost at the point of calling vet for advice. Since then a few folks have said the same thing so I wouldn't worry too much.

By this time next week you'll be wishing he'd hide under the curtains just for 5 mins peace!

CM

Oh your not kidding. Got myself in a stressed state thinking he was ill last night. I put him in a quiet room and he settled not too bad. Middle of the night I could hear him crying, I couldn't take it much longer so I went in to see him, picked him up, noticed he had eaten his food and used his litter tray, and brought him to our bed. Belle was out ofe the night Grrr!!!

He settled straight away and all he wanted was cuddles. He lay between us all night.

He is like a scared rabbit again this morning now he can hear Poppy.

calismum
26-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh your not kidding. Got myself in a stressed state thinking he was ill last night. I put him in a quiet room and he settled not too bad. Middle of the night I could hear him crying, I couldn't take it much longer so I went in to see him, picked him up, noticed he had eaten his food and used his litter tray, and brought him to our bed. Belle was out ofe the night Grrr!!!

He settled straight away and all he wanted was cuddles. He lay between us all night.

He is like a scared rabbit again this morning now he can hear Poppy.

I've only had Kinsi about 8 weeks and she still runs off every time my OH sneezes (I admit it is a bit scarey!):lol:

Once he gets used to all the normal everyday racket he'll be joining in.

CM

meep
26-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh Matron, he's gorgeous! And that way you describe him 'scared little rabbit' does seem to echo in his face, he just looks so unsure and timid. But that's to be expected. If he's already willing to sleep beside you in bed it means he trusts you, which is great news, and will slowly come out his shell :) Welcome to Catsey Koko!