PDA

View Full Version : Air rifle madness in our backyard!

PoshPuss
17-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Reported in our local newspaper today that cats have been used for target practice by yobs with airguns. :evil:
I can't think what perverted mind would want to cause such suffering to a tiny creature but it appears that these morons are popping off pellets into cats who are in their own backyards. Needless to say Posh is INDOORS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE :( which is a pain for her but the only way we can cope. :?
IF I GET MY HANDS ON THE ... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Natalie
17-10-2008, 07:12 PM
There are certainly some pure evil people in this world.

I dont blame you for keeping your puss indoors until the situation dies down. Lets hope these Morons are caught pretty sharpish.

Moli
17-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Mindless idiots!!!!!What is wrong with people!!:evil:

angieh
17-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Dreadful Posh. Glad to hear your Posh is safe.

dandysmom
17-10-2008, 08:12 PM
That's sadistic! Disgusting little s****, I'd like to help you give them a taste of their own medicine ...!!!!!!! :evil:

CathyW
17-10-2008, 08:56 PM
those poor cats, hope they catch the morons quickly.

yola
17-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Sadly there are many sickos out there as there are cat lovers and there are those who just don't give a monkeys. I don't think the ratio will ever change either :( I think we just have to look after our own a well as we can and if we see another's in trouble; do our best to help.

Having said that, I was waiting in the traffic further up on my (very busy) hill only to see a lovely little grey cat (a little like a Russian Blue) wandering very close to their small garden boundary and the busy road. It's all I could do not to turn around and bundle the cat into the car and then call the owner and admonish them for their negligence :(

calismum
18-10-2008, 09:24 AM
In just makes my blood boil . . . . I do hope they find these idiots. Sadly there will be someone along to do the same thing somewhere else.

What is wrong with people?

Kazz
18-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Goes in phases doesn't it? these sort of things best thing is the morons that do it have such a short attention span they quickly loose interest and move onto another "riveting" passtime.

Keep Posh indoors......Cleo got shot by an air rifle when she was younger but I found out who did it......surfce to say he never did it again.

PoshPuss
18-10-2008, 02:29 PM
She's been indoors since I read the paper, on Thursday. Not even out under supervision, which normally I would allow. My neighbours are very good about cats, next door has a beautiful calico, Tilly; Posh won't go there but often share's Aunty Joyce's lawn on a sunny day. I've toldmy neighbours about the airguns and we are all on our guard. The little cat that got shot was black and white puss from a
street about 200 yards from our garden. The owner was so angry and upset as you can imagine.

The estate here is quiet and has never been targeted like this before, and animal cruelty is just abhorrent to me. We've had the shed broken into and some theft but this is far worse. Will have to wait until I hear that the area is safe again. Then again, the Firework season is upon us and Lord only knows what will happen next. Sorry Posh, looks like the big world is closed for a time.