PDA

View Full Version : Cat cruelty....disturbing story....

dandysmom
17-10-2008, 04:49 PM
This sickened me. Don't read if you feel it would bother you. Made me want to cry at the ignorance of some people...

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=77239&catid=158

angieh
17-10-2008, 04:57 PM
That is an awful story Eileen and probably that sort of story will become more frequent as the cash crisis deepens.

I remember being quite shocked when I learned that many people in this country had their animals pts or killed them at the beginning of WW2 - because there was no food to spare for "pets" and because the owners were scared their pets would die horrible deaths from poisonous gas.

Not quite the same reasons I agree - but it does indicate what some people see as priorities and the sort of solutions that they take up.

Moli
17-10-2008, 06:47 PM
As you say the ignorance of people....Poor cat!

kado
17-10-2008, 06:50 PM
That is so awful it hits home with me with it been bladder trouble as well. There is always someone somewhere that will help.

jane

PoshPuss
17-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh dear, poor kitty. Ignorance is no excuse for these people, this was a pre-meditated act, it took organising. It's wrong, very wrong.

dandysmom
17-10-2008, 07:54 PM
That is an awful story Eileen and probably that sort of story will become more frequent as the cash crisis deepens.

I remember being quite shocked when I learned that many people in this country had their animals pts or killed them at the beginning of WW2 - because there was no food to spare for "pets" and because the owners were scared their pets would die horrible deaths from poisonous gas.

Not quite the same reasons I agree - but it does indicate what some people see as priorities and the sort of solutions that they take up.

You're so right! Things weren't as bad here foodwise during WWII, but we did have rationing, and my mom told us very definitely that a part of our meat coupons would go to Scamper, our ginger tom ..... he was family!

CathyW
17-10-2008, 09:02 PM
so sad theres some really nasty ppl about.
theres a story in our local paper about a van driver threw 2 7 week old kittens from a van while driving down the road. they where found and now the CPL are looking after them.
but id find money some how to feed n look after my babies.

Elvisisboss
17-10-2008, 09:34 PM
i feel so sad that that cat was all alone in that crate and prob screaming to get out :( :(

dont these people know about benefits or rescues??

:( so sad