PDA

View Full Version : Daily/Tuesday...

Moli
14-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Morning all, looks like we are in for another beautiful day....Going to make a serious dent in my Christmas shopping the next few days, need to be organised....
Not much else planned apart from some floor washing...
have a good day everyone...

Elaine
14-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Morning:D
Just waiting for Bob to work his magic on Eva before heading off to walk the dogs. The sun is shining, have a great day every one.;)

Donna
14-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Morning all, am still off work sick.. just pottering around today and taking it easy.

Have a good day all.

Kazz
14-10-2008, 09:37 AM
not a bad day here no rain or wind just overast...looks like early evening fom the window....quite strange really.

Off out to loook at a couple of bits and pieces....see you all later.

yola
14-10-2008, 10:12 AM
In the office (again). OH has gone to a meeting in Sheffield so I don't have to spend the day staring at him from across the desk :-D Not sure what today will bring . . .

Donna, take care, rest up and don't let your employers hassle you into returning before you're ready. I know it's easy when there are unspoken pressures, but you might need to quietly remind them of your rights.

meep
14-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Morning all! A stressful day at work, it's too long-winded a story to go into, but basically one person's lack of organiastion has led to complete chaos, and people seem to forget that the promotion of an event needs to happen at least two weeks before the event. So with 6 weeks to go until the event, and no details finalised, there is nothing for me to promote so I can't even make a start on designing materials. *SIGH* As a super-organised person, this irks me somewhat.

Just got a text from OH - he was giving blood at work today, and surprisingly he fainted afterward and has been sent home to rest up. As a 6'1, weight-lifter and Thai boxer this comes as somewhat of a surprise!

It's cold and misty here, can't wait for the weekend so I can go for a walk through the park, kicking up the fallen leaves, then get a hot chocolate afterwards :)

Yola, glad to hear you're feeling better now, enjoy the office to yourself! Donna, rest up and feel better!

angieh
14-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I am thankfully home with a cup of coffee and some ginger nuts! I had to go to the breast clinic this morning - I knew that it was nothing to worry about, probably just a bit of eczema, but it needed to be checked out. Didn't realise they'd do a biopsy. It wasn't too bad, but I had a local anaesthetic and have got an enormous plaster on my boob! Not really looking forward to when the anaesthetic wears off. I always have the regular mammogram when the time comes round, but they did another one too! The people at the clinic were all very brisk and professional. Have to go back in a week for the results.

Merlin ate three breakfasts this morning!

meep
14-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh Angie that sound so painful, and unexpected, ouch! Poor you. Rest up well and eat lots of ginger nuts! A perfect dipping biscuit for a good cup of tea :)

Glad to hear the results from immediate testing were ok though, routine testing is a hassle but good to do. And so glad to hear Merlin is fit and eating well!

dandysmom
14-10-2008, 04:59 PM
A picture-perfect postcard day here, blue cloudless skies and 27 predicted by afternoon! Did the market run and popped in the liquor store for vermouth. I'm fixing a Thai chicken/basil meal tonight and everything but the chicken is from the garden: basil, scallions and chili peppers! So nice to have things fresh from the garden!

Oh Angie, not nice! Do relax and take it easy; good news that Merlin is eating so well! Donna, you take it easy too and don't worry about work; they'll just have to cope! Meep, co workers like that are a real annoyance, aren't they? Moli, you are really organized, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet..

Enjoy the day!

PoshPuss
14-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Hiya! Sorry I have been neglecting you lately, my online time is short and I must meet real life demands.
Glad to hear Merlin has perked up a lot! but Angie, take care of them boobs :)
DM, I envy your blue skies, its as dull as dishwater here now. Hearing on the news about the fires in LA, not nice :(
so it could be a lot worse here!
Yola, hope the day went well in the office :) Meep, soz to hear yours didn't! :(
Moli, you are ahead of us all on the Christmas organising, when ya finish , will you do mine!
Donna, GWS, too many viruses around for my liking!