PDA

View Full Version : "Mrrp!"

Phoenix
11-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I got "mrrp'ed at by Beauty last night! Normally she'll only attempt to "squeak" (or in last night's case "mrrp") to people she knows really well and trusts! If she thinks there's any danger she'll get laughed at she won't attempt talking to us.

Now I'm not saying she doesn't trust me, because she does! I'm just sooo happy she made a new noise! :-D

I think what it was, was it was late at night, I went to stroke her (she was awake with her head up) and she decided that was what she liked so she "mrrp"ed at me to tell me so! :-D

angieh
11-10-2008, 08:34 PM
That's lovely RCR - I have always thought "Mrrp" to be a happy greeting!

Phoenix
11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
That's lovely RCR - I have always thought "Mrrp" to be a happy greeting!

I know one thing she wasn't saying - *insert your own word* off! :lol:

dandysmom
11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Awww, that is so cute! Leia has taken to giving me "silent miaows" lately, don't know why; it makes me smile!

Phoenix
12-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Awww, that is so cute! Leia has taken to giving me "silent miaows" lately, don't know why; it makes me smile!

Oh Beauty gives me silent meows on a regular basis! :-D

meep
13-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I love 'mrrps', one of my favourite cat noises. My two make them when they're either jump up or down from something to come over to us. If Minsky jumps up onto the arm of the couch and is looking to get on our laps he makes it, and if Darcy jumps down from the table to come over and play, he'll "mrrp". It's such a friendly, cheery sound!

Phoenix
13-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I love 'mrrps', one of my favourite cat noises. My two make them when they're either jump up or down from something to come over to us. If Minsky jumps up onto the arm of the couch and is looking to get on our laps he makes it, and if Darcy jumps down from the table to come over and play, he'll "mrrp". It's such a friendly, cheery sound!

Mrrp's and silent meows rule! :lol: :-D

HappyKatz
13-10-2008, 07:38 PM
That must of been nice to hear! A beauty Mrrp!! :)
I love when kitties make those cute sounds :cat10

Phoenix
13-10-2008, 07:44 PM
So far there haven't been any more "mrrps" come from her. I'll still listen and hope! :-D :-P

Phoenix
24-10-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd do anything to hear antoher "Mrrp" from her! :(

CathyW
24-10-2008, 09:01 PM
ronnie gives a rather loud yowl early in the morning. wakes me up .