PDA

View Full Version : Crash!!!

Elaine
29-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Was sandwiched in a crash today, the van is knackered:cry:
Just waiting for the garage to pick it up and we will see exactly what the damage is.

candyshandy
29-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh no - are you ok?

calismum
29-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh Elaine, how awful, are you ok??.

The van looked lovely with its new livery and everything. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Hope that doesn't mean you have no transport.

CM

dinahsmum
29-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Are you OK Elaine?
Even if you are you are you are probably a bit shocked. Be nice to yourself.

Hope the insurance etc issues sort themselves as swiftly and smoothly as possible

Elaine
29-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I am ok thanx every one just a little shaken up and thank god i wasnt carrying any animals at the time.
The van however, I think is in bad shape. Its on it's way to hospital as I type this.
I am in a bit of shock i think, I want to burst into tears but then again i want to laugh hysterically, is that normal?
Have made all the relevant calls to insurance etc. Graham has said I can have the car so that i can keep working although all work has been cancelled for this afternoon.

yola
29-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Phew - I'm glad you're OK!! What a horrible thing to happen :( The insurance companies usually sort this kind of thing out quite quicky. What happened, did someone run up the back of you??

Mags
29-09-2008, 03:28 PM
My goodness Elaine, I'm so relieved you're alright......it must have shaken you up quite badly though..:(

I hope you can get everything sorted out promptly with as little stress as possible..

Take care ((((hugs)))) x

Elaine
29-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I had just driven over the bridge of dee and entered the roundabout, the guy infront made to move but then stopped, I ran into the back of him and the car behind ran into me, making me hit him twice. I have no idea why he stopped as the road was clear from the right for him to go.
But these things happen i guess. I am glad every one was pleasant, no road rage or anything which is alwayss a blessing now a days.
On the upside the woman who ran into me said she was just reading the back of my van and thinking that her friend needed a dog walker, so she now has my card and i told her she would need to drum up more trade for me to get the van fixed:lol: Seriously though, I am pleased it was all very civil, I think I would have lost it if there had been any raised voices.

angieh
29-09-2008, 03:41 PM
So glad you are OK Elaine and that everyone kept their cool and there was no nastiness. You do sound as if you are understandably suffering from shock. Hot sweet tea was what was always offered in such cases. And cuddles from Eva too perhaps.

Really glad you're OK.

calismum
29-09-2008, 03:47 PM
I usually cope fine at the time then later get quite shivery and weepy. Sounds a bit like you have shock. Yes I think cuddles from the diva will sort you out fine.

(just reread this and thought it looks like I am involved in car crashes frequently - just meant generally)

Glad you have alternative transport and your work won't suffer. So pleasd you had no animals in the car at the time.

Be good to yourself tonight.

CM

yola
29-09-2008, 03:49 PM
One of the guys here, his wife ran into the back of a woman who was happily driving along a dual carriageway who promptly stopped dead with no obvious reason for doing so! Sadly it was deemed her fault :(

Aparently it's now a bit of an insurance scam, if you want to have your car written off; slam your brakes on :shock:

I too am pleased it was civil. There's nothing worse when everyone's a bit shaken and upset to have someone ranting and screaming.

Pour yourself a big, fat brandy and breathe deeply (not whilst slurping the brandy though)!! :D

Elaine
29-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Just treated myself to a big fat apple turnover and a cuppa, feel shivery and a little sleepy now tbh. Gonna make a start on making some dinner and get the hoover out, this evening will be an evening by the telly I think, curl up with the kitties.
Thanx again every one.

PoshPuss
29-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh dear Elaine :( I'm glad you aren't injured but take care,the shock can catch you up a few hours on. Take plenty of rest and keep talking about it. The metal cans we drive around in can always be replaced, its just so damn inconvenient, isn't it?
Yola, thats awful about that scam business, :shock: some evil beggars about !

Kim
29-09-2008, 05:41 PM
It does sound as though you are in a bit of shock Elaine, I'm not surprised. Sorry this has happened, but pleased you are okay.

Moli
29-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh! Elaine so sorry, hope the van is not too badly damaged, and mainly pleased that you are ok....x

Elaine
29-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I;m fine thanx, feeling a little stiff and will probably feel more so tomorrow but ~I'm fine, no real damage other than the van. Oh and my diary flew out of the overhead compartment and hit me in the face:lol: :? Should I be laughing at that?:?

Moli
29-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I;m fine thanx, feeling a little stiff and will probably feel more so tomorrow but ~I'm fine, no real damage other than the van. Oh and my diary flew out of the overhead compartment and hit me in the face:lol: :? Should I be laughing at that?:?
If you do not laugh Elaine, you will probably cry!!:(

Kazz
29-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Glad you are fine and no one was hurt. Have to say agree with Yola a chap from work his daughter hit someone who stopped in the middles of a road for no reason...apparently it is a scam if you want your car written off get hit in the rear.......I know Phil said his daughter a lady in her 20's said there was no reason to stop.Isn't it odd it happens to women...maybe less of a threat.Hope it gets all sorted quick.

MrsH
29-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Sorry you've had such a rotten day Elaine. I think your idea of TV and kittie-cuddles is exactly what you need. Hope it all gets sorted out easily by the insurance.

Erin
29-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Hope you feeling ok now mate, and not too stiff, have a nice relaxing evening with your babies ((((hugs))))

yola
29-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes, Karen . . . Angharad is a young woman in her late 20s also. She's got that gentle, non-aggressive look about her which (if a scam is what it was), is probably why she was targeted :(

Elaine
29-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Thats actually very frightening Yola, Graham was just telling me similar stuff.

Kazz
29-09-2008, 07:59 PM
See Elaine you need to get that hard look I've got. ;)

Elaine
29-09-2008, 08:01 PM
See Elaine you need to get that hard look I've got. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I always thought I did look hard, just goes to show that maybe i look more angelic, soft and feminine than i thought:-D

Erin
29-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I always thought I did look hard, just goes to show that maybe i look more angelic, soft and feminine than i thought:-D

*cough* of course you are Elaine *cough*

Elaine
29-09-2008, 08:17 PM
*cough* of course you are Elaine *cough*
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Well thats friends for you

Erin
29-09-2008, 08:20 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Well thats friends for you

:lol: :lol: :lol: im only joking,I know your a big softy really, a real people person, who NEVER calls people bad words,ever........even annoying postmen :lol:

Phoenix
29-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh no! :shock: So glad you're OK! :D Sorry to hear about your van though!

Elaine
29-09-2008, 08:24 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: im only joking,I know your a big softy really, a real people person, who NEVER calls people bad words,ever........even annoying postmen :lol:

Ok, ok but that postman was bang out of order was he not?
Anyway, I'm gonna head to bed now and chill out, got a busy day ahead tomorrow.

Elaine
29-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh no! :shock: So glad you're OK! :D Sorry to hear about your van though!

Thankyou;)

Erin
29-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok, ok but that postman was bang out of order was he not?
Anyway, I'm gonna head to bed now and chill out, got a busy day ahead tomorrow.

He was mate :)

Night Night,enjoy your relaxing evening,Im going to look at some pics and day dream ;)

Liz
29-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Hope you are feeling better and not to shakey

I can sympathise after my own accident in Robins new car back in May - amazing what damage can happen - still teh Freelander now has a drivers side and a new rear axle - hit by a ford Focus at 60 mph!

If you fancy a cuppa and I still have the nice painkillers from my time then give me a shout - Sky would love to see you and play football or tennis and you can meet ourlatest additions - Blue, Brodie, Miss Cissy, ragamuffin, Smudger Beijing and Archie!!!!

Phoenix
29-09-2008, 08:31 PM
What a day! Your van, Beauty's eye, Beauty not eating anything other than tuna, my internet going funny, what else is going to happen?

dandysmom
29-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Just caught this, Elaine; thank God you're OK, if a bit shocky! Horrible about the damage to the new van; hope it's sorted soon. good stiff drink, cuddle with the cats and an early bed for you! ((hugs)))

Elaine
30-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanx again every one. I had an early night and thought I was gonna wake up in agony this morning as I got more and more achey before bedtime. Funnily enough, I feel just fine other than feeling a little more warey about driving but I am sure i will get over that. Just have to see what the garage says about the damage now, I bet thats gonna hurt more than anything:lol:

dinahsmum
30-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Glad to hear you haven't got any bruises or aches today.
My advice from yesterday still holds - be nice to yourself. Chocolate (particularly dark) can be very therapeutic in such situations.
Take care

alexgirl73
30-09-2008, 01:56 PM
oh Elaine ((hugs)) to you chum. Glad you're ok, and that you get your wheels sorted again asap!

Elaine
30-09-2008, 08:33 PM
The van is quite sick indeed, I didnt even notice the damage to the front wing or the broken headlight yesterday:shock:
Anyway it's gonna be in the garage until atleast the end of next week. All the parts have been ordered and I am gonna have to get the signage redone on the new back doors:roll:

Phoenix
30-09-2008, 08:33 PM
How are you feeling now elaine?

Elaine
30-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Actually, my back aches more now than it did earlier but thats probably because of my part time cleaning job which i have given my notice to.
I'll live though:lol:

Phoenix
30-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Actually, my back aches more now than it did earlier but thats probably because of my part time cleaning job which i have given my notice to.
I'll live though:lol:

When you go to bed try having a hot water bottle and putting it under the sore part of your back. When I got a sore back moving heavy blocks yesterday for us to extend the driveway the hot water bottle did wonders for the side of my back!

Elaine
30-09-2008, 08:42 PM
When you go to bed try having a hot water bottle and putting it under the sore part of your back. When I got a sore back moving heavy blocks yesterday for us to extend the driveway the hot water bottle did wonders for the side of my back!

Thanx, I'll do that;)

Phoenix
30-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanx, I'll do that;)

Your welcome! :-D

Beauty's sending virtual lovings and snuggles over to help your back get better.

dandysmom
30-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I second the hot water bottle! Works wonders for me when I have an achy back.

Phoenix
30-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I second the hot water bottle! Works wonders for me when I have an achy back.

I've got two hot water bottles ... one's an ordinary one ... the other one's ... a furry tortoiseshell called Beauty.
:lol:

Elaine
30-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I tried the furry hot water bottle but it squeeled and bit me when i tried to lie on it:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
30-09-2008, 09:03 PM
:-D So do I, but my four-legged one won't work on my back! She's a lapwarmer! (When she feels like it..)

Phoenix
30-09-2008, 09:04 PM
My furry hot water bottle likes being near my feet keeping them warm. :lol:

Moli
30-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Chin up chum, things can only get better now....!

angieh
30-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Poor van! Did you ever give it a name???

I'd definitely go with the hottie tonight. Hope you sleep well.

Elaine
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Well thats the claim forms written out and posted:roll:

Mags
04-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I hope all the formalities won't take too long to complete Elaine:?

dandysmom
04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Me too, those things can drag on and on......has the van been restored to working order yet?

Elaine
04-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Me too, those things can drag on and on......has the van been restored to working order yet?

Not yet, hopefully by the end of next week.

Moli
15-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Have you got your van back yet Elaine???

Elaine
15-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I am still vanless:cry:
I was told I should have it by the end of last week, then it was Tuesday, then Wednesday, now the garage has called me and said they are still waiting on the radiator:roll:
The guy spoke to me like I was stupid, "bad news Mrs pirie, we are still waiting on the radiator and you cannt drive a car with out a radiator."
I was told it didnt need a new radiator and that the old one had just shifted, they said they would be able to put it back into place. I said this and he just laughed:?
I then asked when would the radiator arrive so I could get the van back. He said it should have arrived today but hasnt. I said i know that stupid, you already said that, what I want to know is when will is arrive?
Ofcourse he couldnt answer that, aplogised for the inconvenience and hung up.
Dick head!!!
I want my van back!!!!!!

Moli
15-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh! dear, looks like it could be a long wait, why fit a new radiator when it does not need it though....

Elaine
15-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh! dear, looks like it could be a long wait, why fit a new radiator when it does not need it though....

Because the insurance is paying for it, I assume and they will make a meal out of it by scamming as much work and labour as they can.

Kazz
15-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Make the insurance company ring them........

Elaine
22-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I forgot to let you all know. I got the van back last friday evening although they may recall it for something that i cannt remember what.
I love my van xxx

angieh
22-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Ah - ha! That's good news then and NOT what you want us to guess in your other thread!?