PDA

View Full Version : Question about Beauty and cheese

Phoenix
26-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Is cheese OK for Beauty to have occasionally?

Reason for asking is I was grating some cheese to add to our dinner this evening and a bit crumbled off and fell on the floor, Beauty was over there faster than I could get the cheese picked up and it was gone before you could say "Beauty!"

And yes I did say occasionally! (checking because of her chronic kidney disease)

dandysmom
26-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I defer to our experts on CRF cats here, but doubt if a wee bit of cheese occasionally would hurt. All of mine except Ms Picky loved cheese, Misty would kill for a piece of aged cheddar ..........

Phoenix
26-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I defer to our experts on CRF cats here, but doubt if a wee bit of cheese occasionally would hurt. All of mine except Ms Picky loved cheese, Misty would kill for a piece of aged cheddar ..........

The wierd thing is, Beauty hates milk but has decided she loves cheese!

dandysmom
26-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Misty the cheese lover extrodinaire loved milk too; she and Patches are the only ones who drank milk as adults. No problems, they tolerated it well, had a saucer daily till they went to the Bridge .....

calismum
26-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Most of the cats I have had enjoyed cheese. There are some brands of cat food with cheese so can't be bad for them.

Dn't know that it would affect kidneys - sure someone will know

CM

CathyW
27-09-2008, 09:24 AM
your best bet is ring the vets and ask.
reggie loves cheese and as soon as im in the kitchen hes there *waiting* to help me clear up any dropped cheese :)
last night he was helping me when i *dropped* so beef on the floor, i was trying to put some fatty bits in the dogs bowl but reggie got there first, for a piggy wiggy hes a skinny one LOL

Elaine
27-09-2008, 08:53 PM
A wee bit of cheese now and again wont harm her at all so dont worry. I know many people who use cheese as a way of giving meds to their crf cats. I, on occasion used primula cheese. Winston was normally very good with his meds but on occasion when he felt pretty sick, the cheese helped as a tasty treat.

Phoenix
28-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Pheeew! So it's not causing her kidneys further harm! When she had the cheese I was panicking a bit because I wasn't sure if it was causing her kidneys any damage!

Thanks everyone! :-D

Elvisisboss
29-09-2008, 02:36 AM
my cat found some cheese today, it fell off the faheti (spelling??) thingy!! he liked it!

then he had some craem.........spilled on the floor from my boyf making a cake..........he was there quicker than i could say 'you have split some'!! wow! he loved that!

everytime i open the fridge hell run in from anywhere!! his always checking out what im eating his such a little sod! hell sit by me and put his paw on me............if i dont let him smell or try any..........hell walk off and sulk! :lol: