PDA

View Full Version : What's all this about then?

angieh
19-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Am I seriously out of touch? Is there something I should know about? Seems like we may or may not survive 2012???

I picked up on this on some unconnected site and just thought I'd take a peek today - surprise, it's all over the place! :shock:

This just a starting point -

http://www.2012predictions.net/

What do you think about it all then????? :?

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 04:30 PM
My opinion: a bunch of nuts!! I could only stand reading thru three of the links, rolled my eyes and gave up! People have been preaching the End of the World for centuries, starting, I believe with 1000 AD, and we're still here. I wouldn't cancel any long-term subscriptions.....

angieh
19-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I do agree with you Eileen. Wonder what starts all these "nuts" off though!

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 04:39 PM
The "voices", Angie, the little voices! :-D

calismum
19-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I agree - remember the milennium? We were all going to implode and the world would ground to a halt.

CM

angieh
19-09-2008, 07:11 PM
The "voices", Angie, the little voices! :-D

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

CathyW
19-09-2008, 07:17 PM
better cancel my ticket to th 2012 olympics then LOL

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Remember Jim Jones and the Kool Aid mass suicides, and the people who were waiting for the spaceship to take them off Earth to the Mother ship in 2000? The world is really full of some very disturbed people .......

Phoenix
19-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I only read one of the links! I gave up after the first link because I don't think the world will end just because another year has come round!

angieh
19-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I find the astronomical and space bits the most fascinating of all this "stuff" - but there seems to be a lot of "yes it will" and "no it won't" about some planet coming too close to earth for comfort. Did you see that?

Phoenix
19-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I find the astronomical and space bits the most fascinating of all this "stuff" - but there seems to be a lot of "yes it will" and "no it won't" about some planet coming too close to earth for comfort. Did you see that?

I didn't! Like I said I only looked at one link (the ufo link)

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I missed that one too. Suppose it could happen, but not going to concern myself about it. Serenity prayer!

meep
25-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Just gonna chip in my two cents!

I have read about the Mayan prophecies and believe that they predict they end of the world as we know it. So the planet won't explode, humans won't die, but there will be some dramatic change (oil supplies running out? 3rd World War?) that will change the core of human existence.

Mayan's have predicted a few things that have come to be, and as a civilisation they did just vanish into thin air one day, which fascinates me. I don't believe the world will end, but I am very open-minded to spirituality. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I do believe theres something 'in' spirituality. Every early civilisation had it's own spiritual beliefs, too much so for it to be a coincidence in my eyes.

ETA: I've not yet clicked on Angie's link; the above is my own belief after my own reading and research. I'll go and read the links now and report back. Already I can imagine there will be some very far-fetched 'prophecies' :roll:

meep
25-09-2008, 01:00 PM
The first link I clicked on was the Mayan one, and this is what I believe:

"They say that the world will end in December 2012. The Mayan elders are angry with this. The world will not end. It will be transformed ... Change is accelerating now, and it will continue to accelerate.' "

Angie, you mention the astronomical parts. This fascinates me, and I do believe that there is something behind astrology - although I can't decide exactly what.

The Egyptians built their pyramids and Sphynx in reflection of the stars in the sky in the years they built them. Humans have always been fascinated by the stars and what they mean to us.

If the Mayans have predicited a huge change to affect the Earth in 2012, partly deduced from the cosmos, that's the most believeable thing I've heard of all the 2012 rumours.

angieh
28-09-2008, 03:47 PM
I dont want this to sound as if I am disrespectful of your beliefs meep, but I just keep saying to myself ...

"so what happened to the Age of Aquarius?"

Jupiter aligned with Mars and ......... they shrugged and said "whatever ................"?

meep
28-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Angie, it's not at all disrespectful! I enjoy discussion and debate; also, what I've posted so far isn't my solid, unmoving belief, but the most feasible conclusion I can come to after thinking about all the different stories and evidence. I would say I'm spiritually open, and that's where my integrity lies, but welcome further discussion to expand my beliefs further ;)

I'll have to admit ignorance here, and don't know much about the Age of Aquarius (apart from the song in Godspell!)

I don't 100% belive that in 2012 something will happen, but in a way it is wishful thinking as I often despair at all the awful stories from around the world, and the way it seems to be going; and in a way, a change to the world as we know it would be welcome!

I was doing some more reading and some astrologers were saying that if people expect something to happen in 2012 they'll then see coincidences that they otherwise wouldn't have in 2011, and so create their own change.

I would love to hear more about the Age of Aquarius :)