PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread ~ Friday

Mags
19-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Morning all! :D

It's yet another beautiful sunny day here and the forecast is good for the weekend!
We will most likely pop down to Weston tomorrow to get some sea air and call in the Garden Centre on the way home.

We have 'Mr Sky' here at the moment as we are changing to Sky Plus, hopefully my broadband will be a lot faster than my present server.

I hope all unwell peeps and pets are improving....

Have a lovely day and a good weekend everyone!:D

yola
19-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Morning! It's hot and sunny here too; have just come back from town dressed for autumn and have changed into lightweight summer stuff as I was roasting!

Sebi has been a delight today. He walked all the way into and around town and held my hand when asked. He's eated loads and is now napping :-D I'm going to take them for a run in the park when I collect Domi from school. He's been brilliant too, getting house points for his handwriting and continuing to learn to read so well :D

I'm going to head out into the garden for a bit of a sit-down now.

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi, Mags, Yola! Glad you're having some nice sunny weather or a welome change. Mostly cloudy and still unseasonably cool here, only 19C. I'm in Autumn clothes also, sweat pants and a heavy sweater. I'm a bit annoyed: rhe computer at the Safeway was down yesterday so they couldn't retrieve the delivery orders...had to reorder and no delivery opening till Saturday....:roll: had to grab milk and juice at Whole Foods this morning; OK on everything else. Life's little frustrations..:-D

I too hope the poorly people and pusses improve, and that all enjoy the weekend. Autumn comes Monday!

angieh
19-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Afternoon all! Been a lovely warm sunny day here - just beginning to get a bit chilly and I've put my jumper on.

It definitely feels like a Saturday here - yes, I know it's Friday, but you see we have had the decorator in Mon, Tues and Wed and then the plasterer yesterday - today no-one, so it feels like a "day off"! Ceiling is drying out gradually.

What a lucky break for OH! We managed to get the TV and some seating back in the lounge so he can watch the Ryder Cup, which, spookily is on today, Sat and Sun. Finishes in time for the decorator to come back on Monday! You'd think he'd planned it, wouldn't you?

Had a nice hour of so ordering stuff for Merlin online. Do hope he appreciates all your suggestions! When the bits start to arrive, I will tell him who suggested what!!

So sorry about your order Eileen - how very annoying. I mustn't brag and say my order arrived this morning!

By the way, I meant to ask because from your posts I take it you can't buy alcohol from your supermarket - is that right? In UK all the supermarkets and even the small local stores like the Co-op sell booze. You probably have different licensing laws. I remember being surprised when I went to Amsterdam that supermarkets there didn't sell alcohol either.

Weather forecast is good for the weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it.

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Afternoon all! Been a lovely warm sunny day here - just beginning to get a bit chilly and I've put my jumper on.

It definitely feels like a Saturday here - yes, I know it's Friday, but you see we have had the decorator in Mon, Tues and Wed and then the plasterer yesterday - today no-one, so it feels like a "day off"! Ceiling is drying out gradually.

What a lucky break for OH! We managed to get the TV and some seating back in the lounge so he can watch the Ryder Cup, which, spookily is on today, Sat and Sun. Finishes in time for the decorator to come back on Monday! You'd think he'd planned it, wouldn't you?

Had a nice hour of so ordering stuff for Merlin online. Do hope he appreciates all your suggestions! When the bits start to arrive, I will tell him who suggested what!!

So sorry about your order Eileen - how very annoying. I mustn't brag and say my order arrived this morning!

By the way, I meant to ask because from your posts I take it you can't buy alcohol from your supermarket - is that right? In UK all the supermarkets and even the small local stores like the Co-op sell booze. You probably have different licensing laws. I remember being surprised when I went to Amsterdam that supermarkets there didn't sell alcohol either.

Weather forecast is good for the weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it.

You're right, Angie. Every state has different liquor licensing laws; here in the District we can buy wine at the supermarket, but not spirits. I have to go to the liquor store for my gin, but as it's just across the street and up a bit from Whole Foods Market it's convenient; can do all in one trip.

MrsH
19-09-2008, 05:08 PM
It's been a lovely day here so we've been able to spend quite a bit of time just sitting in the garden, so relaxing. I knew I'd enjoy being retired! :lol:

calismum
19-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Been dry here today and not to cold (hurrah).

Looking forward to two dry days if the forecast holds true.

Having a scrapbooking evening tonight, so looking out some photo's - will I do cats or dogs or horses or cats or dog . . . . . . . . ?
Hope all well and happy.

CM

PoshPuss
19-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Hasn't it been a smashing day!
I've returned from my mini tour of East Anglia. OH and I did a pilgrimage to Lincoln, Peterborough and Ely cathedrals. Not in the religious sense but to marvel at the history and architecture and yeah, just wonder at the fortitude and creativity of God and mammon.
My lovely parents dog'n'cat sat for us at home so their lives weren't interrupted at all, :roll: pampered pets indeed!
Righto, back to the washing.
See you tomorrow, friends.x

Mags
19-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Good to see you back PP, glad you had a lovely time .......any pics of those lovely cathedrals? :D

PoshPuss
19-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I'll post them when I get a few minutes tomorrow, Mags.
Ely is soooo colourful and Lincoln very majestic. Couldn't take pics inside Peterborough, but got a good pic of the West front.

calismum
19-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I'll post them when I get a few minutes tomorrow, Mags.
Ely is soooo colourful and Lincoln very majestic. Couldn't take pics inside Peterborough, but got a good pic of the West front.

My friends daughter went to lincoln uni. One time when we went to visit I visited the cathedral - was gutted I didn't have my camera. Look forward to pics.

CM

Kazz
19-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Hiya all sorry just realisedI've not posted today.

Day off today and YES I listed whats in the freezer and planned to buy dinners accordingly.
Also paid a credit card bill, got my hair cut, did food shopping (in line with my new regime) also brought a new pair of jeans and fleece (autumn dog walking in mind..its bright pink!!!!)
Came home and cleared out some of the back garden flowerpots....starting to "resort/tidy" the garden...ready for autumn/winter.

Having a sort out too...hope tomorrow holds so I can carrry on.

Brought fish and chips for dinner and of course walked Sal.

Yola glad the boys have had a good day. PP I've been to Lincoln its lovely cathedral, and CM I never remember to take my camera either..

Kazz
19-09-2008, 08:56 PM
It's been a lovely day here so we've been able to spend quite a bit of time just sitting in the garden, so relaxing. I knew I'd enjoy being retired! :lol:

Hows the pup coming on?