PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread ~ Wednesday

Mags
17-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Morning everyone!:D

It looks like it's going to be another nice day here..... it is definitely getting nippy in the evenings and mornings though..

I have to get some compost later to plant my pansies up for the winter.....it seems a shame when all the summer bedding has to come out but it does look neater..

Hope you all have a good day!:D

Donna
17-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Morning all
Chilly start in Kent but its quite nice and it is dry so I wont complain! At work as usual and nothing much to report apart from two colleagues really starting to bug me.... one is a miserable git whose language is foul and the other is a silly girl who keeps telling me how to do my job!!! Might get some headphones and plug myself into the radio on my mobile and then I can ignore them both!!

Have a good day all.

yola
17-09-2008, 10:40 AM
My geraniums are still in full flower (mind you, I don't tend to take them out for winter and 9 times out of 10 they survive) so no ripping out of summer fleurs yet here :D

Today I woke up with stinging eyes, running nose and thumping head :( To the point where I didn't even bother to put my contact lenses in. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Am busy planning a day out next week with a US cyber-friend who, thanks to a windfall has been able to come and visit all his 'buddies' in the UK!!! He was a member here for a bit, Mr. Cat . . . I'm very excited about meeting him as I've known him online for about 6 years. He's a retired journalist and sharp as a knife so I'll need my wits about me!

Right, off to drink my fennel tea as I just can't get warm.

Moli
17-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Afternoon all, its been a beautiful morning here, bit cloudy now, off soon up the forest with the mutts....
I still have quite a few flowers that are looking good....

dandysmom
17-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Afternoon! Off to a nippy start here also, and only up to 20C now. Cloudy, too. Geraniums and impatiens the only thing blooming here, but we have very late frosts in the City, so they'll be OK for quite a while. Usual market run, nothing new. Sorry you're feeling so wretched, Yola; how nice that Mr. Cat will be visiting!

Enjoy the day...

Moli
17-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Afternoon! Off to a nippy start here also, and only up to 20C now. Cloudy, too. Geraniums and impatiens the only thing blooming here, but we have very late frosts in the City, so they'll be OK for quite a while. Usual market run, nothing new. Sorry you're feeling so wretched, Yola; how nice that Mr. Cat will be visiting!

Enjoy the day...
Only 20C:shock: wish we had that!!

MrsH
17-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Had a hospital appointment this morning, took ages! First of all the car park (undergoing "improvements"!) was completely full and it took me about 4 circuits before I finally got a place.

Next, the consultant was running 1 hour over, good job I had the daily paper with me.

Then, they couldn't get blood out of me for testing, managed on the 3rd attempt and I have the bruises to prove it!

Finally, x-ray of my knee. Joy of joys, no queue - I could hardly believe it.

I'm finding it really hard to get on to Catsey at the moment so I apologise for missing several days. The PC is upstairs in our spare room/study and it's proving quite difficult to escape from little pup sometimes! Sorry!

Mags
17-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Hospital appointments are notoriously late MrsH....... my OH also had appointments for his knee a couple of years ago, it used to take ages and like you, the X-ray part didn't take long. I hope everything will be ok with it.

We appreciate that your new pup must come first.......who could resist not playing with him! :lol:

dandysmom
17-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Had a hospital appointment this morning, took ages! First of all the car park (undergoing "improvements"!) was completely full and it took me about 4 circuits before I finally got a place.

Next, the consultant was running 1 hour over, good job I had the daily paper with me.

Then, they couldn't get blood out of me for testing, managed on the 3rd attempt and I have the bruises to prove it!

Finally, x-ray of my knee. Joy of joys, no queue - I could hardly believe it.

I'm finding it really hard to get on to Catsey at the moment so I apologise for missing several days. The PC is upstairs in our spare room/study and it's proving quite difficult to escape from little pup sometimes! Sorry!

That's so annoying when they're running late and you just have to sit there...one thing I learned in the almost 4 years I worked for a group of doctors was to always get the first appointment after the lunch break...that's usually on time! I suppose it would work for the first morning appointment too, but I am not a morning person!

angieh
17-09-2008, 10:29 PM
No - I am certainly not a morning person either! I have my first appointment at the Asthma Clinic next Monday morning at 10.30!!! My breathing is usually at its worst in the morning, so that's probably a good thing considering! Used to be called "morning dippers".