PDA

View Full Version : Covered litter trays

calismum
25-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Was out buying supplies for the new arrival today and was looking at the cat litter boxes with lids and flaps.

Anyone have them?

I've only ever used open trays but the dog loves to help 'clean' them for me (yuk:shock: ) Wondered if this might be a good solution.

Welcome some feedback.

CM

Moli
25-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I have 2 covered with swing doors, one covered without a door and one ordinary one, and they all use them all...The covered ones are the best, no litter on the floor and contain the smells...

Mags
25-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I've got a covered litter tray for Cassie and would never go back to an open tray. It is a lot cleaner than an open tray and there is a deodourizer in the lid which helps to mask any smells. I have taken the door/flap off though as I find Cassie prefers it that way..

calismum
25-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for that - just wondered if cats were ok with them, was a bit unsure about the flap door but as it could be taken off... Think I might get one and try it.

CM

Moli
25-08-2008, 10:52 PM
I bought the 2 covered ones with the doors, then the covered one without the door, it was much cheaper becasuse it did not have a door!:roll: :roll: :?
They are different sizes too, I need big ones for the my lot...

calismum
25-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Like the idea of the door. Partially because it may be easire to site the box in a corner with enough space for the cat to get in and out but not the dog. If it was a problem inasmuch the cat wouldn't use it then I'd need to remove it and then only buy ones without doors in the future.

They were quite expensive but would be much better, especially if the odour is reduced.

I was going to try the silica litter, a friend swears by it.

CM

Moli
25-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I have never used that litter,could you let me know what it is like...??

Mags
25-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Have you had a look on Zooplus, CM? There are several different types and the prices are quite reasonable too.......

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/hooded_litter_box

calismum
25-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Moli - no probs, will let you know how I get on with it.

Mags - thanks for that link, hadn't come across that site before.

Kim
25-08-2008, 11:21 PM
We have a covered liter tray - would never use an open one again. Cats weren't keen on the flap, even though they have a catflap on the door, so we removed it - simple!