PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday Monday - Daily Thread

yola
25-08-2008, 09:07 AM
We're off to Savil Gardens in Windsor Great Park today and then into the main body of the park so the boys can scamper and bike ride. I'll take the camera incase there are any interesting plants to photograph :D

A bit of a sad day today as it's the 1st anniversary of my (only) uncle's death.

The weather is overcast but dry and promises to be a bit brighter later on (I hope)!!!

kado
25-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Just got a call from my ex-husband who is camping near us with the girls. They have run out of cerials, one has got any dry trousers he wants a paper and they are getting on his nerves, he has only had them since friday. So it looks like i am going to have to go and see them and and also he asked me to bring in the sun for him. Its not bad weather here a bit over cast but it looks like its going to brigten up.

jane

EmmaG
25-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Morning all. Nothing planned here today, hoping to get outside and do some gardening.

Have a good day everybody

meep
25-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm at work :( No bank holiday in Scotland unfortunately. But it's pouring true Glasgow style today, so no great loss.

Have a great one everyone south of the border!

angieh
25-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Afternoon everyone! We had planned a day in the garden today, but it's been raining heavily on and off all morning and now it's grey and windy - so a day in, sorting out financial stuff and boring bits like that! There is an Olympic-sized hole in OH's TV viewing - he's feeling the loss of daily sporting events!

Have a great day everyone.

Kazz
25-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Well hoping to get some gardening done too however weather has not really been the best. Took Sal out and pottered really.

Been on doing some CP work....Sal totaly bored..... will update with a picture.

Hope you have a good day Yola sounds great, Angie even I a none sports watcher miss the Olympics.

dandysmom
25-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi, all! Still sunny, warm, 26C and not a drop of rain...:(; a 30% chance of some this afternoon, but those aren't good odds. No errands this morning so just pottered about in the garden checking on the new iris and trying to avoid the mosquitoes....very bad this year, with no rain in weeks, don't know where they're breeding! But they are, and biting like crazy! Like Kazz I'm not a sports watcher either, but do enjoy the gymnastics and diving; will miss them. The Democratic Convention starts today, booooring! Especially as I think we're nominating the wrong candidate...oh well, politics doesn't belong here, sorry!

Enjoy the Bank Holiday!

Donna
25-08-2008, 05:15 PM
A day of nothing much really - cut the grass but thats all I did in the garden and it only takes ten minutes as a tiny garden! Took kids to shops - Emma for a new bra and Sean to look at clothes for sixth form..... got the bra but its so hard shopping for Sean.....

Not much else planned - dinner soon - Spaghetti Bolognaise - think Emma is cooking!

pinklizzy
25-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone,
Went to the village fete today (where I grew up and my mum still lives), the weather held and there were lots of people which was great. Mum and I managed to win the treasure hunt so I came home with a box of chocs :D
Might share them with OH!
Imogen has fully recovered and has spent most of the afternoon watching the fish tank.
Hope everyone enjoys the evening.
Lx

Mags
25-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Lovely sunny day here :D it's a pity it wasn't like this last week!:roll:

Called in to see my daughter this morning....... well really to have a little cuddle with Mia, the new kitten..;) My SIL gave me a big bag of runner beans and carrots from his allotment.

Cassie is still giving me lots of attention after her 'holiday' at the Cattery last week....... as long as she doesn't start bringing me presents of mice or fish, I don't mind!:-D

Hope everyone has had a good day!