PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread ~ Sunday

Mags
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Morning all..... wakey, wakey!:lol:

Nothing has changed here with the weather, yes...it's raining! :roll: My daughter and her family went to Devon yesterday for the start of their 2 weeks holiday and sadly the forecast is for rain and more rain all the first week. Hope it clears by the end of the week as we are also going to Devon on Saturday for a week. I think I'd better pack a pile of books just in case..:lol:

Today is the last day of the Balloon Festival here, they have only been able to make about two flights in the whole four days:( It's such a shame as so many people look forward to seeing events like that.

Well, things are back to normal here, my son went home yesterday so I have no excuse to shirk the chores anymore!:lol:

Hope everyone has a nice day and look on the bright side..........at least we don't have to suffer the droughts that some countries do.;)

Phoenix
10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Morning! It's cloudy but (reasonably) warm here!

I've been at work today, fed Beauty and about to do the ironing!

PoshPuss
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Afternoon all :-) Home from a night shift and Posh wouldn't let me sleep. Had just 3 and a half hours. OH is out all day at bird show, so Bron and Posh decide to torture me instead :shock: Bad girls! grrr.
So I'm up and walking around like a zombie. They are fast asleep now after their chicken lunch :roll:

At least it's dry today if a bit cool and overcast.

dandysmom
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Afternoon, people! Started out with brilliant sun and still cooler than normal, 23C, but has clouded over now before lunch with the usual prediction of t'storms. We could use the rain, quite dry, not the thunder and lightning! Did the marketing, am about to have lunch and settle down with the papers and big weekend crossword. And then more Catsey..

Have a nice Sunday .......

Elaine
10-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Evening all.
Not much going on here, rain and more rain, although we did get a few bright spells in between.
Gave the van a good wash and clean up this morning, before the rain. Getting my signs on the van on Wednesday morning.

yola
10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, it started off nice here, but has finished with torrential downpours. We went to Selfridges this morning as I wanted to get the boys some nice shoes/boots. Here in Reading we only have 2 shops that do kids' shoes and both are awful. So I've spent more money than I should but they are kitted out with school shoes and matching, lovely brown ankle boots + some PJs and a really super coat for Sebi. OH also got some shoes. Nothing for me, but I think I'll wait until I go back up with my friend for a girlie session before I indulge myself :-D

Picked my Mum up on the way back as she'll be sitting Dominik for me for the next 4 days (thank heaven for Mums :D )!!

Mags, I hope your daughter and her family don't have a total wash out in Devon; nor you for that matter. Brollies and wellies at the ready by the sound of it though.

Kazz
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
HIya all

My sister adn the family have gone to Cornwall down by Lands End for a week the weather was terrible yesterday but they are on the beach today....:) hope it continues.

The weather here is useless.......rain high wind then rain.

Mom off on her hols tomorrow till Friday Bournemouth. coach tour.. Dad staying home he hates organised tours. So Mom goes alone happiness. :)

I am off to walk Sal now

pinklizzy
10-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone,
Had a relaxing day at home today after yesterday's fun! Set up my fish tank again-hopefully I'll be able to get some fish once the tank has finished cycling. Imogen will love them I'm sure :roll:
Dry but windy here all day, didn't dare put any laundry out after what happened last time it was windy day :shock:
Off to bed soon, busy three weeks coming up, my only other nurse has gone off to get married so I'm on my own for a while.
Lizx