PDA

View Full Version : Beauty's going grey ...

Phoenix
02-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Today I was watching Beauty by the bird bath and I am certain she is going grey all down her side! It's in patches and if you look carefully enough you can see them!

Not managed to get a picture yet ...

Kazz
02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Really never seen a cat go grey or heard of one before.......most interesting....I would like tosee a picture.

dandysmom
02-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Same reaction as Kazz....never ever saw or heard of a cat going grey! Definitely pics of dear Beauty!

angieh
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Sure she's not been rubbing up against something RCR?

yola
02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
The cat we adopted as a stray did this (before he came to live with us). He went grey and lost all his fur down one side of his body. Then I didn't see him for about 6 months and feared the worse. Eventually he turned up again and which point we caught, neutered and adopted him. His fur had pretty well grown back by then.

It was unexplained despite me asking the vet about it. It didn't happen again; but he was ultimately diagnosed with FIV (but please don't panic - probably completely unconnected).

Phoenix
03-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Sure she's not been rubbing up against something RCR?

I don't think so, she's quite grey on her belly as well ... The grey is in patches down her side, along her back a little bit and quite a lot on her belly. You can see some of the greyness in this picture:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/rescuecatsrule/Beauty4.jpg

Could the greyness be down to the sun bleaching her fur? A relative reckons it might be, but I'm not convinced.

dandysmom
03-08-2008, 08:09 PM
The sun can make black get a rusty tinge (Onyx, Leo, et al), but don't know if her red would fade that much. That's not actually a bit of white, is it; not clear from the pic...... most odd!