PDA

View Full Version : A lot of hot air!

Mags
27-07-2008, 02:22 PM
It's nearly time for the Balloon Festival here and the balloons were up last evening having their practice flights.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Miscellaneous/DSC06895.jpg

angieh
27-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Wonderful Mags! And now you know what it's like to go up in one - bet you'd like to do it again, I know I would.

I think hot air balloons make a wonderful sight. Perhaps you will be able to get some more pictures! Are you going to the Festival?

Mags
27-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I would love to go up again Angie..:D

We won't be going to the Festival as it gets so crowded there and the traffic is horrendous. The balloons nearly always pass over our house anyway so we probably get a better view there than among the massing crowds..:D

angieh
27-07-2008, 03:03 PM
That's wonderful Mags. I have only ever been to one balloon festival - when the balloons were all being fired up at night and it was a wonderful sight. We used to get a lot going up from Stansted which is just up the road, but haven't seen any for ages - think they've all gone off to your neck of the woods!

Annestaff
27-07-2008, 04:02 PM
We had one in the week come down in the street behind my house by mistake :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/annestaff/Picture1392.jpg

dandysmom
27-07-2008, 04:16 PM
That must be a beautiful sight, Mags; you're smart to stay away from the crowds and enjoy them from the peace of your own garden, Pics would be lovely!

Mags
27-07-2008, 09:44 PM
We had one in the week come down in the street behind my house by mistake :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/annestaff/Picture1392.jpg

Gosh...that was a close shave Anne!! :shock::)

Mags
27-07-2008, 09:46 PM
That must be a beautiful sight, Mags; you're smart to stay away from the crowds and enjoy them from the peace of your own garden, Pics would be lovely!

I will get some pics Eileen....as long as the wind is in the right direction for us :D ........... maybe Anne will see some more as well..;)

Annestaff
27-07-2008, 10:13 PM
We where unlucky last year, saw loads go up whilst stood at the top of the Dundry hills but the wind blew them the opposite direction to us :(

Mags have you ever been to the night glow?

Mags
27-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I've only seen it on TV and in the papers Anne, it must be a marvellous site to watch ........have you seen it from Dundry hills or at Ashton Court?

Annestaff
27-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I've never seen it Mags. Every year I say I'm going to go to Ashton Court but never get there. Maybe this year :lol:

angieh
27-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I think that's what I saw at Stansted - the night glow. Didn't know that's what it's called. I did take some photos - it was a good few years ago - I wonder if I can find them. If I can and they're any good, I'll post them!

Mags
27-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I've never seen it Mags. Every year I say I'm going to go to Ashton Court but never get there. Maybe this year :lol:
They close the Suspension Bridge to traffic during the festival, don't they? We tried to go several years ago and there were so many traffic queues that we gave up and went back home:roll:

Annestaff
27-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Parking always puts me off, apparently its a nightmare to find a space :roll:

Yep their always shutting the bridge when anything like that is going on, which is a pain as I use it alot.

I think that's what I saw at Stansted - the night glow. Didn't know that's what it's called. I did take some photos - it was a good few years ago - I wonder if I can find them. If I can and they're any good, I'll post them!

Would love to see them if you can find them :D