PDA

View Full Version : Tango

Samz5
24-07-2008, 12:33 PM
We had Tango put to sleep yesterday :( he had been ill for 18 months with Feline triad disease so there was no treatment the vet could give us, he was ok most of the time but would be sick every 6 weeks or so for a couple of days, but fine the rest of the time.
He got sick on Monday and slept under a bush outside for the day, usually he perks up by the afternoon but he didn't this time, Tuesday morning his breathing was raspy and he couldn't walk more than a few steps, we knew it was time.. the vet said he could put him on a drip and see, but said it probably wouldn't work and even if it did it Tango would only live for a few more weeks, We didn't want him to suffer anymore, I stayed with him till the end.
My heart is broken again, I remember helping his mum give birth to him when he got stuck, 15 years ago now when I was only 11 years old... we grew up together, now hes gone to be with his sister Courtney who died suddenly in Dec 2006.
We showed the other cats his body as we'd done with Courtney, they all came and sniffed him and understood.... then we took him to my mums and buried him next to Courtney, the other cats are quite down today and yowled unusually in the night... its heart breaking.
I am so great full to have had 15 years with such a gentle loving beautiful cat - my sunshine ! I miss him so much already .
Goodbye Tango xx

angieh
24-07-2008, 12:37 PM
So terribly sorry for your loss Samz5 - you gave Tango a final gift of dignity and peace. RIP Tango and ((((HUGS)))) to you and your family.

Grete
24-07-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( You did the most important thing you could for him which was to let him go with the love he knew throughout his life.

RIP Tango, our babies are at the bridge with you.

*hugs*

charliebubs
24-07-2008, 01:18 PM
RIP Tango. Play hard at the Bridge.

He was a very good age and had a wonderful, loving home with you. I know it's hard, but you did the right thing.

He will always be remembered and has left a pawprint on your heart

yola
24-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Bless you; one day he will thank you for your act of kindness. I hope the pain of his loss lessens soon and you are able to see through and remember the good times.

PoshPuss
24-07-2008, 02:15 PM
You have been brave Samz5, and kind to your best friend Tango. Thinking of you and sending peace your way.

Mags
24-07-2008, 02:37 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss...:(

Samz5
24-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you for your kind words, we are doing ok.
Here is a picture of Tango (ginger cat) and Courtney, as you can see they were very close, at least they are together again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/Tangoandcourtney4.jpg

janey83
07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Awww so cute, R.I.P.

dandysmom
07-08-2008, 10:26 PM
The last loving gift you could give him...respite from pain. I'm so sorry; try to remember the 15 years together you shared. RIP, Tango, play at the Bridge.

babycakes
08-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Tango you're mummy loved you very much X (big hugs to you)

Moli
08-08-2008, 10:57 PM
So sorry for your loss.....x

Kazz
08-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Thank you for your kind words, we are doing ok.
Here is a picture of Tango (ginger cat) and Courtney, as you can see they were very close, at least they are together again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/123sammy/Tangoandcourtney4.jpg

So sorry for your loss and yet you did the right thing for Tango. A much loved friend and as you say reunited with his sister....RIP...