PDA

View Full Version : Safari?

Kazz
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Okay has anyone ever been on a Safari.......to Kenya I am considering this 5 night safari - Amboseli national park...which is over looked by Mount Kilimanjaro and then Masi Mara... and then 8 nights, at a beach hotel...."Travellers Club" right on the beach....it has come about because there were 8 of us who had radiotheraphy if you recall 2 years ago, and we often spoke of what we'd like to do etc etc as you do loittering in hospital waiting around and a kenyan safari and beach holiday came out tops. And today two of the women I was a radi8tor with contacted me (we have kept in touch, sadly twice through funerals of orginal members) and asked if I was up for it......there are apparently 5 going (one a chap) at the moment 2 of whom are newer additions ;) and I am very very very tempted......once in a lifetime. In fact I am going I think trying to get some facts and figures sorted..........so any tips welcome.

Kazz
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
A link to the hotel that has been highly recomended http://www.travellersbeach.com/

Mags
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
That sounds wonderful Kazz, I hope you manage to arrange it. I've never been there but it's somewhere I would like to go.

When we are trying to decide where to go on holiday,we delve right into it and get as many facts and info as possible. One site I have found very interesting and helpful is the Trip Advisor site. I think there must be a site for practically every country you can think of. You can sign up to join their forum and ask any questions you wish to know about where you're going. There are also loads of members reviews of their holiday there and loads of photos posted. By the time you go you will know the place very well through Trip Advisor! :lol:

Here's the link to where you are going (I think!), I hope you find it helpful.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k1049288-Travellers_beach_club-Kenya.html

(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298252-d305100-Reviews-Amboseli_Serena_Safari_Lodge-Amboseli_National_Park.html)

Moli
04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Go for it Kazz, something I would love to do...

Kazz
04-07-2008, 10:08 PM
That sounds wonderful Kazz, I hope you manage to arrange it. I've never been there but it's somewhere I would like to go.

When we are trying to decide where to go on holiday,we delve right into it and get as many facts and info as possible. One site I have found very interesting and helpful is the Trip Advisor site. I think there must be a site for practically every country you can think of. You can sign up to join their forum and ask any questions you wish to know about where you're going. There are also loads of members reviews of their holiday there and loads of photos posted. By the time you go you will know the place very well through Trip Advisor! :lol:

Here's the link to where you are going (I think!), I hope you find it helpful.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k1049288-Travellers_beach_club-Kenya.html

(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298252-d305100-Reviews-Amboseli_Serena_Safari_Lodge-Amboseli_National_Park.html)

Ta Mags already looked on there can't find anyone with anything bad to say about the hotel and the tour company appears to be the best/local too.................have sent for a brochure...........and phoned for "health advice for travellers" and have the phone number for the Kenyan consulate........for a visa s in my head must be going............"SCARY EH"

We talked about this loads when we were in the hospital...........a few of the people have since passed on and that makes me want to do it more.

angieh
04-07-2008, 10:17 PM
What a wonderful thing to do Kazz. Don't have any info myself, but my best mate from school that I still keep in regular touch with went on a similar holiday with her OH and another couple a year or so ago. I could ask her for details of which company she went with etc. if that would help.

She told me she had a wonderful holiday, really enjoyed it - I think it was a small group. I've seen the photos etc.

Mags
04-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm getting excited for you Kazz.....I really hope you can book this up, it will be an amazing experience for you.

Not sure if you saw these reviews... and pics on the right hand side...:)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294210-d472056-Reviews-Travellers_Club-Mombasa.html

dandysmom
04-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Oh go for it, Kazz! You deserve a wonderful holiday; and that sounds like a marvellous trip...once in a lifetime adventure! And going with people you know...!!!

Elaine
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh Kazz thats would be brilliant, I hope you do go, never been on one myself but I bet you'd love it:D

Kazz
04-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Bigger versions of cats...................what more can I want.

Elaine
04-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Not to mention nellyfants, hippos etc. You have to go and come back to show off all the lovely pictures etc:D

Kim
05-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Sounds amazing Kazz, what a wonderful opportunity!
There was lots of the news about probloems in Kenya quite recently, but things seem to have settled now, so hopefully okay.

Kazz
05-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes Kim...and that has thrown a hiccup into the proceedings....a couple of the people have "jittered" about Kenya...................however we have two alternatives.............China and USA.........My favourite of the three is China...once in a lifetime.....so my vote may go for China

dandysmom
05-07-2008, 04:09 PM
China is a place I have always wanted to see...that would be a great destination too, Kazz!

Kazz
05-07-2008, 04:34 PM
The more I read the more I fancy China myself Eileen....I will print the iternary for you........hold on.....

Kim
06-07-2008, 11:57 AM
My vote would be USA Kazz. I am sure China is a wonderful country to visit, but personally because of their complete disregard for animal welfare I would never set foot inside it. Sorry if this offends anyone, Only today I have signed a petition as Tesco in China are selling turtles live for food. They skin ctas & dogs alive for food and fur, the list goes on. I donate monthly to the 'Animals in Asia' charity and I am appalled at the cruelty there.