PDA

View Full Version : Test drives - asking for advice

Kazz
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Hiya all

After the small disaster with the car (still in garage...no news may be RIP :roll: :cry: ) However today I have test driven in no order of prefernce but order I test drove them in.:-D I am not looking for new but used and the newest would be a pre registered...new looses to much depreciation for my liking and usage.

1. Honda Jazz......really nice.....like a tardis
2. Peugeot 206 SW .......I liked that, nice drive and I like the 206 hatch as well so wider choice.....ie "negotiating power" ;) and wide choice.
3. Ford Ka really liked that but only come in 3 door and a little small in the back...can't see Mom or Dad getting in there so could be out on that basis but nippy little devils :-D
4. Ford Fiesta....nice car not for me though.
5. Mazda2......Really liked this...................really.

In the next week I hope to test drive a Toyota Yaris and hopefly a Nissan Micra (I like Micra's (Micra@s))

Looking for something small nippy, idealy can pu the rear seats flat (estate like) and has 5 doors....any suggestions or "views" on those I have posted good or bad.

Karen

Moli
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
What about the suzuki swift...its really nice and quite roomy too....

yola
01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Out of that list I've only driven a Ford Ka and a Micra. Hated the Micra; loved the Ka - but it looks like that one's ruling itself out due to practicalities with you - understandably.

I'm a bit nervous of French cars due to reliability and build quality issues; I did own a Renault and a Citroen once upon a time and had no end of problems with both.

The Japanese marques have to score when it comes to reliability and residual value. So with your practical head on they might be a good choice (apart from the tin-can-like Micra) :roll:

Kazz
01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Ta Moli, meant to say will also be looking at Skoda's as there is a Skoda dealer opening by me mid July so hopefuly offers...........;)

yola
01-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Well Skoda (which actually is pronounced Shkodda and means 'shame' in Czech :shock: ) is now owned by VW so you get a lot of solid car and good engineering for your bucks.

Kazz
01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I used to have a Nissan Sunny and adored it......odd isn't it.

I loved the Ka but not for me can't see MOm ever getting in the back not sure Dad would either lately. But loevly drive I would reccomend it as a fun car..........

However I will be bartering I sat there all nice through each "sales pitch" got offers for PX on the rover etc and got them to give me deatils of the offer.......;) when I have narrowed it down I will go back and see which deal is best ie say £5674...will be saying can't go about £45000........start the ball rolling intend to get "tax" and full tank of petrol, service as standard as far as I am concerned....thrown in.......goes without saying.........paying cash........so the game will be on for my bussiness as I ould be prepared to walk away ;) I love bartering

Kazz
01-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Well Skoda (which actually is pronounced Shkodda and means 'shame' in Czech :shock: ) is now owned by VW so you get a lot of solid car and good engineering for your bucks.

I know a good car if you do not mind the badge which I do not ;) I am after a bargain.

Moli
01-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Have you thought of the new Mini Kazz, its supposed to be one of the best for MPG...

Mags
01-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I used to have a Nissan Sunny and adored it......odd isn't it.

I loved the Ka but not for me can't see MOm ever getting in the back not sure Dad would either lately. But loevly drive I would reccomend it as a fun car..........

However I will be bartering I sat there all nice through each "sales pitch" got offers for PX on the rover etc and got them to give me deatils of the offer.......;) when I have narrowed it down I will go back and see which deal is best ie say £5674...will be saying can't go about £45000........start the ball rolling intend to get "tax" and full tank of petrol, service as standard as far as I am concerned....thrown in.......goes without saying.........paying cash........so the game will be on for my bussiness as I ould be prepared to walk away ;) I love bartering

Ask for the car mats to be thrown in as well Kazz ....we did....and got!! :-D

Kazz
01-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Ta Mags......