PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket

smudgley
23-06-2008, 02:34 PM
again :oops:

I'm really annoyed now. :roll:

And if I don't feel bad enough already..... my husband has gone mad!

Moli
23-06-2008, 02:34 PM
again :oops:

I'm really annoyed now. :roll:
ooops!!What speed were you doing this time??? :roll:

smudgley
23-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't know yet, I'll have to wait for the details to come through

Mags
23-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Oops...sorry to hear that Smudgley :(

Moli
23-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Did you get an on the spot fine???

yola
23-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh dear. I think that's lifes way of telling you that you are trying to cram too much in. Bit harsh of your OH to have a go though; these things happen after all.

charliebubs
23-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh dear!! :(

I had one earlier in the year and they gave me the option of going to a Speed Workshop rather than getting the points on my licence. Still had to pay the fine though :shock:

I blame Red though - I was on the way to a show with him and he was distracting me!!!! I was only doing 34 in a 30 :roll:

smudgley
23-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Did you get an on the spot fine???

No - it was a mobile speed camera, but because it's a company car the ticket goes to Head Office - they send an e-mail asking for confirmation that you were driving at the time, then they forward you the ticket.

Oh dear. I think that's lifes way of telling you that you are trying to cram too much in. Bit harsh of your OH to have a go though; these things happen after all.

I knew he would go mad Yola - it's my third time & he thinks it's really bad. My answer is that I drive 35,000 miles each year - so I a much more likely to be caught than many people
Oh dear!! :(

I had one earlier in the year and they gave me the option of going to a Speed Workshop rather than getting the points on my licence. Still had to pay the fine though :shock:

I blame Red though - I was on the way to a show with him and he was distracting me!!!! I was only doing 34 in a 30 :roll:

I would definately do the driver aware course if I had the option.

Kazz
23-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Would they stop you doing your job if you got too many point Smudgley....at work if our drivers get too many points they are not allowed to drive as the insurance will not cover them.

Moli
23-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Do you get points for speeding??

smudgley
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Do you get points for speeding??

Yes - 3...................

smudgley
24-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Would they stop you doing your job if you got too many point Smudgley....at work if our drivers get too many points they are not allowed to drive as the insurance will not cover them.

Only if you got banned from driving by totting up too many points.

The points are "spent" after 3 years, but remain on your licence for 4 years.

12 points and you are automatically banned