PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Patch. Run free my darling x

Jane
16-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Patch came to live with us on the 8th September 2006. He was only roughly 8 weeks old, and was such a tiny cute little thing.

He was never much of a people cat, but he was still lovely and we loved him no matter what his personality was like.

Last night, around 9:50pm we heard loud noises, like dogs barking so rushed outside to investigate and Patch was being attacked in next doors garden by two dogs. I ran round there faster than I've ever ran, and he was there being attacked by them. At this time, next door were out too and we were all trying to get the dogs off him. We managed to get them away so I went to get him and he was bleeding from his mouth and round underneath him around his back end. We rushed him round to our house and he was laying on the floor, panting and not able to move properly. He was trying to get up a bit but his back legs wouldn't let him.

We rushed him to an emergency vet. He just layed there next to me all of the journey, I tried to comfort him and I kept stroking him, talking to him and kissing him but I knew he wasn't well at all. When we got there she said it didn't look good, but they would try to help him. I was willing to do anything to save my baby. They gave him oxygen, pain killers, fluids and maybe some other stuff. It didn't look good because he seemed to have no feeling in his back legs, but he was able to move them a bit. It was explained to us that he could have damaged his spine or pelvis (I think) so we decided he would have an xray. His tummy also looked really bloated so we didn't know what was going on. He was in really bad shock too.

We went home because by this time it was about 11pm. She said she would ring us in roughly an hour or whenever the xrays were done. Around 00:10, we got the phone call. It was the news we'd been dreading. She said that the xray looked hopeful and he would have maybe survived, but he had a seizure and died :(

I can't believe my baby is gone :'( He was only 2!! He didn't deserve this. How could any animal deserve this?! Earlier that day he was so happy, full of life. I sat with him for like 20 minutes whilst he slept just stroking him (and I took some pictures which I'm so glad about).

He been gone for less than 12 hours and the house is so lonely without him. His dishes still had food in them :(

I just can't eblieve he's gone.

I'm so sorry Patch, we didn't mean for it to ever end up like this. We tried to help you darling, we really died, but it just wasn't to be. I would have done anything to save you. I would have made them save you no matter how much it cost. I'll miss you babe, I'm so so sorry.

Dad is going to collect him tonight after work (he really couldn't collect him this morning) and he will be burried near his favourite bush which he loved.

Run free Patch darilng, I love you. We all love you. We miss you already. We'll find out who's dogs it were...we'll make sure something is done. I promise you.

Now he can enjoy his favourite thing forever...sleeping.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/janepets/patch/DSCN3237.jpg

I love you.

charliebubs
16-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh Jane - that's so awful - I've got tears in my eyes reading that. Poor Patch. At least he knew that you were with him after the attack and that you did everything you could for him. :cry:

Run free Patch - play hard at the Bridge sweet man.

Lots of love and hugs to you Jane. xxx

yola
16-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh Jane. What a horrible, tragic and ghastly thing to happen. Poor darling Patch and poor you too. Words fail me you must be beside yourself with grief and shock.

I'm in tears here with you - not a good idea with a face full of mascara and and office full of people, believe me but I just can't help it. Hateful bloody dogs to attack your beautiful cat like that :(

Annestaff
16-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm so sorry to read this, so tragic :(

Sleep tight Patch x

Fran
16-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I am so sorry for your tragic loss :(

RIP Patch x

benny
16-06-2008, 12:12 PM
jane:
how awful for you. i can hardly see the screen because im crying with ya girl. just know that you gave patch a great life and that he adored you!!! no words can heal that big hole left by him passing. just know he has passed over that rainbow bridge, and you WILL see him again. rest in peace patch!!! your mom misses you!!!!
so sorry

kado
16-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry amd my heart goes out too you too. I am crying my eyes out here. God Bless you little one. Run free at the bridge darling.

jane

angieh
16-06-2008, 01:24 PM
So very sorry to read this Jane ***HUGS*** Sleep soundly Patch.

Mags
16-06-2008, 01:38 PM
So very sorry to be reading this about poor Patch, Jane....what an awful thing to happen. You did all you could for him ((((hugs))))

Sleep tight Patch xx

Jac
16-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Aww Jane I'm so very very sorry. I'm howling as well. My heart goes out to you. Sleep tight patch xx Run free at the bridge.

HappyKatz
16-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh no :( So sorry to hear about Patch :smt049 Rest in Peace Precious Patch :smt049

Moli
16-06-2008, 02:50 PM
So sorry to read this.....thinking of you at this sad time...Hugs....

RIP...Little Boy...xx

Phoenix
16-06-2008, 03:41 PM
So sorry that happened! :smt089 :bighug:

Rest in Peace precious Patch!

random
16-06-2008, 04:02 PM
So sorry. x

MrsH
16-06-2008, 04:59 PM
:cat25 So sorry to read this, poor Patch, so very young and what a terrible thing for you to see.

Donna
16-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear this - rip Patch x

Kazz
16-06-2008, 06:08 PM
What a terrible shock for you, and it is isn't it? when you don't expect it ...youth has its disadvantages...as you don't consider anything bad can happen to them.

RIP Karen

alexgirl73
16-06-2008, 06:27 PM
So very sorry Jane. I'm in bits here too

RIP Beautiful Patch xx

Jane
16-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Patch is now home and he is wrapped into a towel bless him. My parents have seen his body but I don't want to see him. If I see him I know the image will stick in my mind forever, and I want to remember him in life rather than in death. The bill came to £401 and some random pence, which is a lot but he was so worth it (it was out of hours which is why it was so much). If they said they could have saved him for another x amount, I would have got that money somehow. He was worth anything and everything.

I'm gunna miss him. He's naughty little ways - trying to creep into my bedroom when I open my door, opening cupboard doors and climbing in, trying to break everything in his path. Attacking my feet as I walk past him. Struggling to get away, trying to bite off my hand if I tried to hold him. But most of all, I'll miss those little times when he was friendly, and he came to me for a fuss and would stand or lay there enjoying a nice long stroke, bless him.

He will be buried tonight after tea. We're burying some cat nip drops with him - some food for his journey, and he was so addicted to them in life (even if they weren't too good for him!).

Dad has contacted his friend who is a police person and left a message on his phone, so hopefully he will call back soon. We are seeing what we can do about the dogs... We don't know where they live or who owns them, but we are determined to find out. I would never want anyone to have to go through what Patch and us did.

Thank you everyone. Your words do help. Thanks.

Mags
16-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Thinking of you Jane.....remember Patch knew how much you loved him...

Take care ((((hugs)))) x

EmmaG
16-06-2008, 08:12 PM
So sorry to read about Patch Jane...RIP sweet boy :(

smudgley
16-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Jane, I'm so sorry to read this sad news about Patch. :(

bobbie3917
16-06-2008, 08:46 PM
im so so sorry to hear this
(((hugs)))

Jane
16-06-2008, 08:53 PM
He has now been buried next to the bush which he loved. (I'm not sure what it is - it has small, prickly leaves with orange flowers). I sprinkled some catnip drops with him. He loved them in life, so I think he should have them in death too.

There is a slab to mark his grave and we are going to put some flowers on or around it and we also want to get a little plaque or something for him.

Thanks everyone for your support. Although his life was cut way too short, and maybe his last few hours weren't the best they could have been, but that was such a tiny amount of his life in proportion. I know that he had a fantastic life with us and he had everything he needed. It's so sad that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and this should have never happened. Although he is gone, he will be in our hearts forever and we will never forget him. He was such a brave little fighter, but this was all too much for him. I hope he felt comforted on the way to the vets. I promised him he'd come home, and he'll stay here forever now.

Run free darling. We will miss you forever, and although our time with you on earth was short, it was thoroughly enjoyable and I love you. We love you.

kado
16-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Again tears. I am sure he felt comfited he had you with him. So so sorry for your terrible loss.

jane

sarahd
16-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Jane I am so sorry to hear about poor Patch what a tragic thing to happen :(

RIP little man and run free on the Rainbow Bridge

Sarah
x

dandysmom
16-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh Jane! I'm in tears too, what a horrible horrible thing to happen! You did all you could, and he knew you were there with him...just so dreadfully sad! Good luck in finding the dogs. Thank God we have a strict leash law here!!!
RIP, sweet Patch, play at the Bridge.....

yola
17-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Bless you Jane. I'm pleased Patch is now at rest in the garden where he played. Your write so beautifully and eloquently about the cat you loved so much it's very touching to read.

scilla
17-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Goodbye, Patch

You're now safe in your Mum's garden, that you loved.

So sorry!

Scilla

Phoenix
17-06-2008, 07:00 PM
So sorry to hear that happened! :cry: :cry: :cry:

janey83
17-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Oh that awful. Im in tears aswell! Im so sorry.

I would never ever ever forgive the owners and those dogs.

R.I.P Patch, you'll be missed.

Elaine
18-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Oh Jane,
I am so terribly sorry to hear this very sad news:cry:
Many hugs to you, I know how much you loved that cheeky boy, and he was a very handsome guy, young and full of character.
Trully sorry chum xxx
R.I.P. Patches xxx

babycakes
19-06-2008, 08:21 PM
How really really awful for you Jane. I am so so very sorry to hear of this. Poor baby Patch. You did all you could for your furbabyx

Sleep well beautiful beautiful boy XXXX

dandysmom
19-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Jane, do you still have Meow, the little cat at your allotment?

PoshPuss
21-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Jane, just caught up with this thread, so sorry you have had this painful ordeal. May dear Patch now RIP, he looked such a beautiful cat, you will have good memories to look back on I'm sure.

Sasadams
21-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I've just read through tears your sad news about Patch. What an awful thing to have happened but you did everything you could have done.

Thinking of you and rest in peace sweet beautiful Patch.
xxx
:cry: