PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread~ Friday the 13th...

PoshPuss
13-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Not that I'm superstitious... :shock: ;)

Have to take Bronnie for a vet check up later. Dry but grey skies here.
Yola, hope you're better today.
Liz, ONE MORE DAY TO GO!!! :-D
To all of you working hard, it's FRIDAY! weekend coming up!
Mrs H, my OH was a teacher too, so know how much you're looking forward to retirement, he misses the kids but not the paperchasing.

cross fingers, touch wood and take care out there today :lol:

Kazz
13-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Hiya all its my Dad's birthday today. Weather not to bad, all well with the world have a good day all.

Mags
13-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Morning PP, morning everyone! :D

Lovely warm, sunny day here so that's a good start to the 13th!:D

Hope it's going to be dry in London tomorrow as we have a trip to London planned to go on the London Eye and later in the day, a Thames cruise. Should be a good day out.

Usual jobs about the house to do today and a trolley dash later.

Happy Birthday to your Dad, Kazz!

Have a good day and a lovely weekend everyone!:cool:

yola
13-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Mags - we did the London Eye and Cruise thingy with my Mum and OH's Mum a few years ago, it was such fun being a 'tourist' for a day . . . try and get a lunch up at Butler's Wharf if you get a couple of hours to yourselves. They have a whole mix of restaurants from posh Conran through to cantinas and some more familiar ones such as ASK and Pizza Express! It's right by Tower Bridge so you can sit and watch the world go by on the river :D

I'm feeling a bit better on the whole, but the ear's still playing up. It's such a nuisance. OH is off to Barcelona on business this weekend so he rushed off to the office early so I dropped Domi at school (he's been punching girls and hurt Sebi last night - we really need to think about what's going on with him) then I 'did' waitrose and took Sebi to the docs as it turns out he has impetigo . . . on his skin and in his eye. I have drops and cream.

Now the boiler is being descaled so hopefully we'll have consistent hot water for a bit. Later I'm going to run into town with Sebi and get his prescriptions! So that's about it really . . . phew!

Kazz
13-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Have a good day tomorrow Mags...sounds lovely.
Yola, you really do need this holiday to hurry up, a rest will do you all good.
Poor Sebi impetigo...awwww
Has something upset Dominik?
PP hope Bronnie's check up goes without incident.

dandysmom
13-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi! Lovely June day even if it is Friday the 13th. 27 degrees, cloudless sky. Just the usual here, market and messing about in the garden this morning. Now have 10 tomatoes set...when you have such a tiny vegetable patch you sort of get to know each plant personally...:-D !

Mags: sounds like a lovely trip, hope the weather's good for you...
Yola: things are really piling up, aren't they; you really need that vacation!
Kazz: happy birthday to your Dad!

Don't walk under ladders, look both ways before crossing the street, and have a safe and happy day, all! :D

yola
13-06-2008, 04:58 PM
...when you have such a tiny vegetable patch you sort of get to know each plant personally...:-D !

That is SUCH a superb line LOL!!! Do all plants and their fruit have a name then . . . . ;)

dandysmom
13-06-2008, 08:01 PM
That is SUCH a superb line LOL!!! Do all plants and their fruit have a name then . . . . ;)

:smt005 No, Yola, I'm not quite that bad.....besides, it's not nice to eat things you've named .....:-D !!! (Thinking of Henry the chicken and my Dad...)

PoshPuss
13-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Bronnie had a good report, ever so slightly anaemic but doing ok. The bronchodilators are working, the side effects give her more oxygen to her muscles and the joints are easier, she's like a spring chicken in the morning! By night time she's having Tramadol to relax her to sleep. On uppers and downers :shock: like some 7's rock star, OH said!!

see you tomorrow