PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Tuesday

Fran
03-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Morning all from a wet and miserable Yorkshire :roll: I'm off to see some breeder friends today for a cuppa and a chat, so that should be nice :D

Hope you all have a good day and that some of you have sunshine! :lol:

yola
03-06-2008, 09:34 AM
It's bucketing down here but it's humid. I'm feeling a bit down this morning and already a bit tired . . . after all, being up at 5.30a.m. for 40 minutes of exercise can take it out of a girl!!

Got loads more writing to be getting on with - a design company's website, a solar panel website, a recruitment brochure and 2 floor sanding websites for the same company!

Right . . . onwards :roll:

Kazz
03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Its pouring down here got the day off. Things to do. Hope everyone has a good day.

Jem
03-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Well it's pants here, I had a terrible night some type of bird made a noise all night last night so didn't get up till 11, I might treat myself n have a lazy day lol.
Hope you all have a good day xx

angieh
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Very overcast here - raining on and off. Managed to get to Italian and back in the dry.

Has anyone else heard how awful the weather is in Italy, Spain and the South of France???? My Italian teacher went to see her mother is the South of France for half term - told us (in Italian!) about high winds blowing all the cafe tables and chairs about and grey ash-like dust everywhere. Stroboli and Etna are having minor eruptions every so often and the low pressure coming up from Africa is evidently causing the high unseasonal winds. People in the Med are really worried about their grape and olive crops.

Have some transcription to do this afternoon - bit of a rush job, so will "chat" later.

Phoenix
03-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Beauty and I have got drenched as well (we are in yorkshire as well)

dandysmom
03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, it's lovely sunny and mild here, 23 degrees, but rain forecast for the afternoon. I think I mentioned I had a bad roof leak on the porch last Saturday when we had the torrential downpour: I'm awaiting the roofer (eagerly) and the rain ( nervously) today, hope he makes it first! Please send both quick-roofer and no-rain vibes, people!!
Nothing new, just the usual market run (lovely fresh peaches in!!), and traffic awful,,,took almost 15 minutes for the bus to go three blocks; missed the early bus connection home. :roll:. Oh, and a garden note: have two tiny tomatoes set on one Marmande plant!! :D

Hope the wet weather improves and that all enjoy the day!

babycakes
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Hope the roofer arrived DM and not the rain.

We have had a dry and warm day here. Severe weather warnings were out today though for the south due to floods.
It was windy in Spain on the 17th Angieh quite severe and we had bad winds here last weekend.
Finished work early today. Got revising for exams to do so must get on with it