PDA

View Full Version : Great new cat litter - Cats Best OkoPlus

Kim
30-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I have recently started using this cat litter (well not personally you understand! :lol: ) I think it is definitely the best I have ever used. It clumps well, is biodegradable, absorbs really well, lightweight and lasts for ages. Worth reading the reviews, I have added one there too!

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=506&pg_id=599

alexgirl73
30-05-2008, 07:20 PM
looks interesting. I may give it a go, thanks for posting Kim.

angieh
30-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for posting that link Kim.

Moli
30-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Does look good, think its worth a try....

dandysmom
30-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Interesting; apparently unavailable here. Googled it and all sources are UK .....pity, because it's biodegradable......

charliebubs
31-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I use that too, Kim, and swear by it. :)

The only slight problem I find with it is the tracking - it gets everywhere. But the good things about it outweigh the bad!!! :)

I buy mine from zooplus. Do you not have zooplus in the USA, Eileen?? :?

dandysmom
31-05-2008, 04:39 PM
[quote=charliebubs;483941]I use that too, Kim, and swear by it. :)

The only slight problem I find with it is the tracking - it gets everywhere. But the good things about it outweigh the bad!!! :)

Unfortunately, no, Charlie! :(

random
31-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I have been using this for years, it's fab!

Kim
01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I have been using this for years, it's fab!

Oh, I didn't realise it had been around for years, I thought it was relatively new!! :oops:

I do agree about the tracking, Charlie, but then again I had that with clean paws which I used for years. I agree that the benefits make it worth putting up with the tracking.

random
01-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Interesting; apparently unavailable here. Googled it and all sources are UK .....pity, because it's biodegradable......
That's a shame Eileen, it's good as I can flush the poos and clumps down the loo. I get it from the pet food warehouse.
http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/

I use that too, Kim, and swear by it. :)

I found putting a wee mat near the litter box helps with the tracking.

Oh, I didn't realise it had been around for years, I thought it was relatively new!! :oops:

I do agree about the tracking, Charlie, but then again I had that with clean paws which I used for years. I agree that the benefits make it worth putting up with the tracking.
I've been using it since I got Kiara and she's 3!

dandysmom
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
That's a shame Eileen, it's good as I can flush the poos and clumps down the loo. I get it from the pet food warehouse.
http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/

I found putting a wee mat near the litter box helps with the tracking.

I've been using it since I got Kiara and she's 3!

I use the regular supermarket clay litter, and with an old car mat in front of the box I have very little tracking ......

random
02-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I use the regular supermarket clay litter, and with an old car mat in front of the box I have very little tracking ......

I have an old doormat near the boxes! I was sick of it getting everywhere, in their water bowls and everything, there is still some tracking as you can expect from 5 cats in and out of them all the time but it has help a lot.

dandysmom
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I have an old doormat near the boxes! I was sick of it getting everywhere, in their water bowls and everything, there is still some tracking as you can expect from 5 cats in and out of them all the time but it has help a lot.

My problem isn't really so much tracking as it is enthusiastic digging/burying! Sometimes I think Leia is trying to get to China! Maybe she wants to be there for the Olympics? :-D

Unlike Dandy, whose idea of covering up was a vague scrape in the general direction of the deposit and a hop out of the box! It used to annoy Misty no end,,,,:roll:

angieh
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I've been using Bio Catolet now for Merlin for a few months and have found it very good, apart really from the tracking as mentioned above. The litter tray is in the utility room and I have a doormat by the door but it still gets all over the place! Guess he just doesn't wipe his feet!!!

The best thing I have found about Bio Catolet apart from it being biodegradable is that it is very easy just to empty out into a bag for disposal. No more need to scrape the litter tray out that I used to get with the clay based varieties.

random
02-06-2008, 07:21 PM
My problem isn't really so much tracking as it is enthusiastic digging/burying! Sometimes I think Leia is trying to get to China! Maybe she wants to be there for the Olympics? :-D

Unlike Dandy, whose idea of covering up was a vague scrape in the general direction of the deposit and a hop out of the box! It used to annoy Misty no end,,,,:roll:

Oh a few of mine are like that too so know the feeling, Anakin is terrible, he really goes for it! :lol: I tried a litter tray with a door but they wouldn't entertain it!

diskinc
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm tempted by this as my two indoor only cats are going through litter like crazy.

I thought I read that you should avoid the clumping ones, especially with young cats, as if they eat a bit it can cause a blockage - can anyone advise about this?

Thanks,