PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Wednesday

Fran
14-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Morning all, a cloudy start but the sun looks to be poking through now. I'm off out later, with Mildred's breeder to visit another breeder friend. Lots of cat and kitten chat and cuddles, will be good fun :D

Have a good day!

angieh
14-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Morning Fran, morning everyone!

Another sunny day today but again a very strong wind. May blossom all over the place. Branches off trees down the lane and bits of greenery all blown about. Rain is forecast for tomorrow I believe.

Got some work to do today, not my usual transcriptions and might be a little tricky. I've been putting it off and need to get down to it today.

Chat later and looking forward to the quiz!

yola
14-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Phew! Seriously busy here, so won't be on much. OH is at a meeting in the City so I'm holding fort AND dealing with all my own copywriting bits.

Hoping to get down to the gym tonight and if that happens sadly I won't be at the quiz :(

Sunny and warm here rather than hot but still a cloudless sky :D

TTFN . . .

pinklizzy
14-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi all,
Just grabbing some lunch and catching up with catsey. Still feeling very odd, I had a bad reaction to the local anaesthetic I was given at the dentists yesterday-passed out! I don't think it has worn off fully yet! Hopefully I'll make it to the end of today. Maybe see you all at the quiz tonight.
Lxxx

angieh
14-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi all,
Just grabbing some lunch and catching up with catsey. Still feeling very odd, I had a bad reaction to the local anaesthetic I was given at the dentists yesterday-passed out! I don't think it has worn off fully yet! Hopefully I'll make it to the end of today. Maybe see you all at the quiz tonight.
Lxxx

Sorry to hear about that PL - I had the same reaction once, most peculiar sensation, left me feeling a bit "spaced out". Hope you feel better tonight for the quiz!

dandysmom
14-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi people! Partly cloudy but milder and more seasonable; finally set out the basil and pepper plants; they were outgrowing their pots, but with all the rain lately couldn't do it....Am debating whether to put the climbing fuchsia in the ground or in a large container: am not sure if it will be Winter hardy here. Is anyone familiar with Lady Boothby fuchsia?

Hope all are well and enjoying the day; see you at the quiz! I have a feeling it's going to be a good one tonight...:-D

babycakes
14-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Pl hope your feeling better soon

I am desperately trying to get an essay done before I go away on Friday and I can't do it..head is not in gear. Had a good day in work though and I'm just enjoying a glass of wine to see if that oils the mental cogs.
Denis is extra cuddly today think he knows I'm going away and won't get cuddles for 3 days, he is frugle giving OH them. I must admit with all thats happening on Catsey at the moment I am very happy to give him what he needs (and me!)

Elaine
14-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Evening all, sorry you are not feeling so good PL xxx
Quiz night folks, be there 8 pm;)

Kazz
14-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Eileen Lady Boothby is winter hardy here in the UK.........but how about covering it in straw or something, when its winter?

Its been lovely lovely weather here, I've been to work and have some plants to put in tomorrow.....Eileen I'll have a search tomorrow and try to find the name of that red Geranium (the one's I've gave Alex cuttings of)

Karen

dandysmom
14-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for that, Kazz ..both the fuchsia info and the possibility of the geranium name...that color is stunning!

Kazz
14-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I've got some in the front, Geraniums I mean I am sure its named after a woman..................

Mags
14-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Been to sunny Devon today ....left 7.30am and arrived home about 9ish. :D Tired out now, but not as much as the driver!:lol:
Cassie was sat in the window waiting for us to come home and started pawing the glass when she saw us..:D

Hope everyone has had a good day!

dandysmom
14-05-2008, 10:43 PM
That was a long day, but sunny is good! Poor Cassie home all alone: did you bring her a treat from the seaside?

Mags
14-05-2008, 10:48 PM
That was a long day, but sunny is good! Poor Cassie home all alone: did you bring her a treat from the seaside?
:lol: She has a catflap so I expect she was out most of the day chasing butterflies and snoozing in the sunshine!

Her treat was an extra big cuddle and supper!! :-D

Kate S
14-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I just wanted to say a BIG thanks to everybody! All your messages were lovely and have got me through the day. I will miss Stan very much!

There is now room at the inn!

Thanks again. xx