PDA

View Full Version : My Local Council (Dont get Why)

kado
16-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I told you about the lampost being erected near my house. A couple of days ago they came and dug a hole around the old lamposts the same day it rained. Today they came back and have started to dig the path up. I pressume to wire the new lamp up. What i cant understand is that late last October they resurfaced all the villiage paths and now they are digging them back up again what a waste of money why didnt they put the lampost in before they resurface and save themselfs and us money. Just seems silly too me. Do any off you have any councils like mine.

Moli
16-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I have Kado, personally I think its just to give them something to do, and they never ever put it back as it was...!!!!

yola
16-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Yup - I think you'll find that's a nationwide malaise. Lack of joined up thinking! :roll:

Moli
16-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Lack of joined up thinking! :roll:

I like that Yola!!!:lol: Thats men for you!!:roll:

alexgirl73
16-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I can beat that one lol! When I lived in Aberdeen I lived in an area getting a lot of money spent on it, regeneration on a big scale! The flats on my street got completely gutted and were like show homes when we moved back in, the street next to me got new windows and doors all fitted. This was knowing that in about a years time they were going to knock down 5 rows of the flats (approx 15 flats in each row) which they subsequently did!! I sat at my living room window watching the bulldozers tear these flats apart without removing all those new windows!! madness.

angieh
16-04-2008, 04:41 PM
It does make you wonder how any progress is made ..... ever! The fact that someone invented the wheel is still just short of miraculous to my mind. :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Unless of course you believe in alien intervention!)

kado
16-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Well our housing association started to paint our window frames today. They only painted them last year and the windows need replacing anyway.

CathyW
17-04-2008, 07:20 PM
we have only just moved back to our old area, and i cant beleive the amount of new houses they have built. every patch of grass now has a block of flats, or a house built on it. and they want to build an olympic sports village on our local park. that will take a 1/3 of our park away for running tracks ect. there will be a time when in the future we will go and visit a tree and a patch of grass in a museum.

dandysmom
17-04-2008, 09:30 PM
It's messed up here in the States too! A few years back they resurfaced all the roads in the neighborhood; then a bit later the old lead water pipes had to be replaced so they dug up the roads again.....:-D