PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Tuesday

Fran
08-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Morning all, lovely bright day here but a bit nippy! Off to the horses shortly. Not much else planned

Have a good day all!

Moofster
08-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Morning All :cat5 Spain checking in !

What a busy weekend it was all that sport to watch :roll: I did well on the Grand National and won 20 euros in a sweep at our local pub. Also F1 and football, so busy busy TV time :-D :-D

Back to normal of course, Im still working for a friend, but have broadband access YIPPEEE !!!!!!!!!

ooo heck better go, theres the phone ringing :roll: Have a good day all !!!

angieh
08-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Morning Fran - bet it's a lot quieter at your house this morning!

Morning Moofster - good to see you again.

Hello all - very cold here this morning. Got loads of work, so must get a hustle on.

Chat later - have a good day everyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yola
08-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Busy here too! But having had a full 8 hours sleep I'm able to face it :D Sebastian in a good mood which make everything much easier and Dominik as usual, bright as a button :D

Sun is shining but it's parky out.

I need to run into the village to the pet shop to get some toys for Myshka and maybe a scratching post. I think he's getting a bit bored.

Oh, and got home last night to pools of vomit and poo all over the kitchen floor. Had to lock the kids in the garden whilst I sorted it out. Poor Balie had obviously had a bad tummy day :shock: I put him in the shower too as he was disgusting - he was such a gent, no howling or scratching, he just suffered it :roll:

Off to the vet with him later this week as I'm rather worried about him and he only sits in the litter tray these days . . . well, cowers in there more like :(

MrsH
08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Morning!

Sorry to hear that Bailie's not too well Yola, not nice to come home to! Poor chap, the indignity of the shower, but bravely borne! Hope the vet can sort him out later on.

Yesterday was the first day of our school's belated Easter break, so I started tackling the laundry, only for my steam iron to stop working when I'd barely begun! I'm lost without my iron as I'm a bit of a perfectionist in that area. I can't possibly wait for it to be mended, so went out and bought a big steam generator thingy, it's amazing! I love it (but I admit you have to be an ironing nut like me to get so excited about it!) I've got the washing machine and the dryer chugging away as I type, so more ironing for later!

yola
08-04-2008, 11:55 AM
LOL MrsH!!! I was like that when I bought mine, super aren't they . . . I can't believe how easy it is and I actually (whispers) quite enjoy the ironing now :shock:

alexgirl73
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Afternoon all! Well, sort of seem semi human now after being out of it from when I came home from the hospital yesterday. Took me ages to shake of the GA this time, but never mind, the horrid painful tooth is gone!

I now have a pregnant young lady in residence, a little B&W female who I have named Onyx (hope you approve Eileen). She is now 8 weeks approx, so kittens any time :) Very excited as it's the first ones who will actually be born at mine. I have been given loads of advice lol, and have the appropriate phone numbers in case of emergency. So as soon as they arrive I will let you know.

Hope all have a good day (and less of that ironing talk please :p)

angieh
08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Glad to hear you are recovering from having your tooth out Alex. Was it a wisdom tooth? Sounds drastic having to have a GA.

Sorry to hear about your Balie Yola. Sounds very much like what poor Merlin had last time we had to make a speedy trip to the vet. Fingers crossed, he seems to have made a good recovery and has not had it happen again. The vet did reduce his Metacam dose - can't remember which of your fluffies takes it, sorry.

Oh an I agree with Alex - unless you want to start a thread just for those who enjoy ironing, that is! :shock: :shock: :shock:

alexgirl73
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear you are recovering from having your tooth out Alex. Was it a wisdom tooth? Sounds drastic having to have a GA.
Sorry to hear about your Balie Yola. Sounds very much like what poor Merlin had last time we had to make a speedy trip to the vet. Fingers crossed, he seems to have made a good recovery and has not had it happen again. The vet did reduce his Metacam dose - can't remember which of your fluffies takes it, sorry.

Oh an I agree with Alex - unless you want to start a thread just for those who enjoy ironing, that is! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The one next to my wisdom tooth angie. I had to have a GA as I am very badly phobic about dentists. I had a horrific experience at 16 with a dentist, and now I am an absolute wreck going to them. I can't have any work done that needs an injection and luckily my dentist will send me to have it done under GA if possible. I've tried sedation techniques, meditation and nothing works:(

angieh
08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Poor you! I don't like going to the dentist, but I do go. Luckily I have a patient kind dentist and NHS too! I've had to have several dental ops over the years. Never the best experience in the world!!!! Good that your dentist will refer you for a GA - at least you don't know anything about it until after it's all finished.

dandysmom
08-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Afternoon from still chilly overcast Washington! Everyone is complaining about the streak of unseasonable and wet weather; met my neighbor out front on the way home from the market and we had a good grumble about it...:-D Am waiting for a workman who's coming to replace a bad downspout; nothing else going on. Tried a new tin this morning for Leia: Iams lamb and rice..... she hates it! :roll: Ironing....I loathe it; don't buy stuff that needs it..:-D

Alex: I love it that you've named her Onyx! I miss my little girl very much; glad the dentist ordeal is over!
Moofster: yes, nice to see Spain checking in.....
Yola: awww, poor Balie; hope it's not serious

PoshPuss
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Evening all! Late checking in but work anda vet visit priority.
Posh was rubbing her ears like crazy last night and woke me up several times with her scratching. The vet 's given me drops to put in 5 drops in each ear, then swab out and clean around the folds with cotton buds. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN! :SHOCK:
OH took her to the vet, she's gained weight since we got her, so vet is v. pleased. Also had her eyes checked out Yola, same advice as Kay said, bicarb in water and swab daily :-)
She'll be the cleanest cat in the valley! :D

yola
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Great PP - I'll be getting some bicarb as my eye wash from the pet shop is running out. 6 quid for a small bottle and in less than a week it's gone :shock: