PDA

View Full Version : Warning to all cat lovers

sylvest&tweety
06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
An interesting tale - which although sounds a little unlikely is absolutely 100% true. (apparently)

A friend had a stray cat that she fed regularly, the more she fed it the more friendly it became to the point where she would stroke it. anyway one night she felt sorry for it so she let it into the house. It slept all night and she forgot to let it outside before she went to work, there hadn't been a problem with the cat and her yorkshire terrier and they would be good company

when she got home from work the house was a mess, there was blood all over the place and she found the dog dead so she phoned the rspca to take away the cat. When they arrived they said the cat could have been ferral and being shut in the house got scared so they took it to the vet to get checked out.

the vet phoned the firend the day after to let her know that the cat was not actually a cat but a deformed river rat.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice. yuk yuk yuk

fact or fiction i haven't decided for sure but it sure gives me the heebie jeebies

anne

angieh
06-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I am sorry if I am wrong Anne, but this sounds highly unlikely!

dandysmom
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I think that's what is called an Urban Legend..

Carole
06-04-2008, 08:32 PM
It sounds like the story in the link below, except dog has been changed to cat.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/lurkers/mexicanpet.asp

sylvest&tweety
06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
ha ha ha just as I thought -

still gives me the heebie jeebies though!!!!!

dandysmom
06-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Excellent link, Carole! That has been around for long time, hasn't it. although it was new to me......

CathyW
07-04-2008, 07:50 PM
still the thought made me feel ill.

Steph
07-04-2008, 08:18 PM
You never know with cats. One got into my cellar,I went to rescue him from a net he had got tangled up in. Result?-multiple lacerations to both hands,and A&E to have four stitches in my little finger. Blood all over my jeans and up from the cellar steps as I shook my hands.

But a bit over a year later I had ended a long term(amicably) met Jenny and next door`s cat(the same) had moved in with us:D ..

Cats are strange