PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread ~ Saturday

Mags
29-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Morning everyone!

The day started off with clear blue sky and sunshine but now it's a heavy mass of grey cloud .......rain is looming :roll:

Well, we took Cassie to the Cattery this morning for her 'holiday', it's always sad to walk away from her but I know she is in the best place ....... she is safe and gets a lot of attention there. They even had the heat lamp on in her 'room' ready and waiting for her..:D

Just have to sort out the final bits and pieces now before leaving tomorrow night...

Have a good day everyone! :D

alexgirl73
29-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Morning Mags and all. Well, just popping on for 5 mins before I settle down in front of the tv for the footie :) Whether I'm back on or not depends on the result lol.

Raechel has gone ice skating and Hayley to a petting zoo/farm place. Courtesy of their saturday morning club. Just hope it stays dry for all the little ones who have gone to the farm.

Hope all have a good day!

babycakes
29-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh Mags how exciting. Have a fantastic time and don't forget to take lots of pictures. Cassie will be OK, but I know what you mean, no matter how often you do it it never gets any easier does it?

It' cloudy here today. Someone had a wurlitzer going further up the road earlier. Will try to get a pic if it's still there. The horses didn't like it at all.
I have an essay to get cracking with and OH is fitting the combi boiler so it's all go here today.

Have a good day all.

CathyW
29-03-2008, 01:41 PM
afternoon all. had a busy morning so far, took the dog for a nice walk. then sat with an elderly neighbour for a while. then went to asdas for some milk. came home with 2 bags full (why do we do that??)
now having a little rest b4 the next lot of stuff to do (ironing oh goodie )
have a good day all.

angieh
29-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Grey, windy and threatening rain here. Didn't realise quite how strong the wind was until OH and I went into our local town to get a few things and met some neighbours who had been for a walk around the harbour - they said they'd nearly got blown away!

Had to buy some jam doughnuts to go with our coffee when we got home - really yummy! Just been out to fill up all the bird feeders before it rains. I've got "emergency" transcription to do this afternoon, so hope that all goes smoothly.

Did anyone see Torchwood last night? I thought it was really good - series finale next week. Boo hoo! AND no more A2A until next year. I'll have to take up something else - thought I might try to teach myself Quenya!

'Spect you'll be on later Mags, but if not have an AMAZING holiday - look forward to hearing all about it, especially the hot air ballooning!

Have a good day all!

yola
29-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I missed the last A2A on Thursday - anything remarkable or revealing? Am I guessing there will be a series II then?

Been and had my nails done. OH is talking babysitters so I suspect an evening out is being planned for some time soon. Can't remember when we last had an evening out together. Sounds like he's at last starting to make an effort :D

He's gone up to our office now with Dominik as my brother's moving into some spare space that we have and he'll be unlocking for him. I think they're then going to take the hire van back to Bisley (a bit of a trek).

Sebi's napping and I'm expecting him to wake at any moment so I'm going for a bit of a sit down before the inevitable happens and I have to baby-entertain again :-D

angieh
29-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I missed the last A2A on Thursday - anything remarkable or revealing? Am I guessing there will be a series II then? :-D

Yes Yola - they said at the end of the programme "back next year". I won't tell you the ending in case you can catch it elsewhere, but there was a twist I certainly wasn't expecting!

dandysmom
29-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Afternoon, ladies! Our see-saw weather continues: it was 23 degrees yesterday and is 4 now! Bright blue cloudless skies, but very windy. Leia wanted the porch, stayed out about 30 seconds and is now sleeping on the radiator...did my usual library run with annoyingly long wait for the bus. Traffic is a mess today because of street closings for the Marathon, plus the Cherry Blossom Festival opening, the annual kite flying at the Smithsonian and an exhibition game at the new baseball stadium! Ah, Spring in Washington....:roll:

Mags: in case I miss you later, have a great holiday!! You'll be missed.....

Mags
29-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Mags: in case I miss you later, have a great holiday!! You'll be missed.....

Thanks Eileen, I will most likely be here sometime tomorrow, we are leaving the house 2.00am Sunday night ( 9 or 10pm your time I think ), travelling overnight to Gatwick and our flight leaves 9.00am Monday morning. Can't wait for some lovely sunshine as it's raining and blowing gales here!:roll:

alexgirl73
29-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm happy, my team won lol!!!

Mags, think of us all when you are lying on the beach wont you!

Mags
29-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm happy, my team won lol!!!

Mags, think of us all when you are lying on the beach wont you!

No beach where we're going Alex, just the banks of the Nile...:-D

Kazz
29-03-2008, 06:39 PM
My team won too Alex the Blues 3-1 :) Mags have a great holiday....

dandysmom
29-03-2008, 07:54 PM
No beach where we're going Alex, just the banks of the Nile...:-D

Watch out for.......crocodiles!!! :-D

Kim
29-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Mags, hope you have a fab holiday!

Alex, glad your team won.

Day started off okay weatherwise, but then it started raining and hasn't stopped much since. :( Haven't done much today, had my eyebrows waxed and tinted this morning, then this afternoon took our foster child to meet his future respite carers. He will be going to respite for 1 week-end per month, starting next week-end! I have booked OH and I into a B & B in the New Forest and taking dogs with us. My son & daughter are staying home and so they can look after the cats.

I am running a bath and then will settle down to watch Casualty.

Fran
29-03-2008, 10:33 PM
We have been to the Preston and Blackpool show today. Spockie bagged a red card day :cool: Very tired now. Need to sort the puppies out and get to bed!

Mags - have a great holiday!