PDA

View Full Version : Where I have been.

Donna
24-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven’t been around for a bit… few bits and pieces to deal with and I always tend to shut myself off when things are getting to me.

Firstly first week of January our Head Office shut our next closest branch to us as the property market has taken a nose dive. We were offloaded 50 odd properties onto our books (as well as our own 50 odd properties) which had tons and tons of problems. Incomplete files, agency agreements with fees that are not acceptable to Head Office, properties being marketed without HIPS etc. Just absolute chaos to sort out. We are now sorted out but that has lost us about a month’s worth of business and sales in our office have dropped so we have the big Head Office axe looming over us now. My commission was dropped so I am earning less money but at the moment I am grateful to be hanging onto my job by my fingernails.

Secondly, my rabbit Twinkle has always had a mucky bottom but this has got a lot worse over the last month or so, and I tried cutting all her food out, so she was on just hay and water, and this did not make any difference. I then had her examined for other issues, ie., arthritis, weight issues, teeth etc. First vet said nothing wrong, but on a second visit and another vet, they recommended a dental. She had this last Monday (very frightening having a rabbit under GA) and has pulled through ok. So far she has not had a messy bottom for a week so think the dental has worked.

Thirdly, my daughter Emma (14 nearly) has been giving me a hard time. Wanting to be out all the time, being argumentative, getting into verbal fights with girls, playing my ex and me off of one another etc. She is very rude to the ex’s girlfriend and it all ended up with her writing rude things in the dirt on the back of the ex girlfriends car. Ended up with me talking to the ex and agreeing to work together to get her back on track. She still gets me down a lot, cos she is so messy at home – leaves her stuff all over the place and has such an attitude. But then again, she is also very loving when she wants to be.

Sean has had a few stomach issues again, due to his sensitivity, which ended up with us at the emergency docs at middnight the other night. Ended up throwing up all over the surgery which was rather embarrasing for him.

Also, my pc broke and I am having to grab time on the daughter’s laptop.

Well that’s all my moaning over with… just had to deal with a few bits and pieces and get myself straight. Its not easy.

On the positive side, both Chloe and Misty are well and happy, Both bunnies are well and happy. Sean is counting the days till he leaves school after his GCSE’s. He is planning to go to 6th form and do 3 A-levels. Emma has now chosen her options for next year at school. Time is flying by.

Well that’s about it… hope you managed to stay and read to the end of this long saga, and I am trying to sort things out so that I can spend a bit of time on the pc (which is hard cos work is so busy and pc broke at home).

Hope you are all well, I have been popping in to keep an eye on you all, but just didnt feel ready to post.

EmmaG
24-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Glad to hear you are ok Donna, Sorry to hear about your problems though :( If you EVER need anybody to talk to just shout xxxx

Fran
24-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Hello Donna, sounds like it's been a really difficult time and a very uncertain one where your job is concerned. I hope things start to improve for you right now. I know exactly where you are coming from with regards to Emma, we are having similar issues with Em. These hormones are a real pain in the back side!

Glad you are back and that all your furbabies are well. Just a point about the rabbit. When we had a problem with one of ours not cleaning his backside up properly, it was actually due to him being over weight and not physically being able to :roll: So we put him on a diet and that really helped. He also had a dental too. Hope the problem is solved for you now :-)

Kazz
24-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Hiya Donna sounds like a nightmare while awake..hope it all comes together I am sure it will. I feel for Sean I threw up in the hospital when I had gall stones...embarrasing. Hope he's a little better soon. Emma will get over it or you and Sean can always move out............:) ;)

Glad the rabbit is better too, I wonder how wild rabbits cope teeth seem to be their biggest health issue with the small amount I know of them. My sisters rabbit had dental problems at some point, then the next one did.

Nice to see you and Happy Easter. Karen

angieh
24-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi Donna - so sorry to hear about your troubles. Always good to air them and get support from your Catsey friends.

Hope your Easter has been a good break - Merlin sends purrrrs!

Moli
24-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Good to see you back Donna, sorry to read about all the problems you have had, hope they are all behind you now....
Hope you had a good Easter...

dandysmom
24-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Good to have an update from you, Donna; you were missed. Sorry to hear how difficult things have been; I hope you'll have a run of better luck. Did you have a pleasant Easter?

Donna
24-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks all.

Easter - just a few days off work. Kids off too, but they are out all the time.

Something else I am having to slowly adjust to. Not being needed other than supplying breakfast, lunch and dinner.

babycakes
24-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Welcome back Donna. Sounds like you have had your hands full and that is probably why your daughter is playing up. As you say she can be very loving. Give her lots of praise when she is like that and she may come to realise that is the behaviour you want from her. Give her off hand comments like your hair's nice, you suit that top etc. Also spend one night a week together just you and her. She needs you. Don't forget she is also going through a lot of bodily changes, and social changes, fitting in with friends, exams, boyfriends, identity and changes at home too. She may need to talk about that. Good luck X

Elaine
24-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear that you have been having such an awful time of things Donna.
I am pleased to see you back though xxx:D

yola
24-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Donna - I am so pleased to see you back. I was a bit worried especially when you were posting a while back that work was so quiet . . . never a good sign :( I'm sorry you've been through the mill a bit, looking back I was probably the most hateful 14 year old to have ever lived so you're lucky you've only got Emma to contend with ;) Seriously - BC has some excellent advice, positive reinforcement is always a good thing.

I hope things continue to improve, especially on the job, bunny and Emma fronts. Don't be a stranger, it's amazing how much better you feel when you unburden your worries - even if it's only in a cyber environment.

Take care.

Mags
24-03-2008, 10:05 PM
It's good to see you back here again Donna, sounds like you've had a hard few months.

Hope work sorts itself out for you soon, you have enough to cope with without that to worry about.
It sounds like Emma is going through the stage that all us mums have been through with teenage daughters, believe me Donna they do get through that phase and turn into lovely daughters ;)

Hope you've had a lovely Easter :D