PDA

View Full Version : OK - I'm being nosey - AGAIN!

angieh
21-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Its 22.39and there are 15 members on the forum.

What are you all doing? OK, so you're going through the new posts and posting a few replies as you want to. And then what do you do - do you minimise the screen and go off googling or other surfing of the net or do you sit like a cat waiting to pounce on any new post that arrives and if nothing comes up for say 5 mins, do you log off and go and do something else, or minimise the screen again and go off and play a game or something else???????

yola
21-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I've popped on briefly before heading off to bed . . . and I didn't realise it was that late until I saw the time on your thread :shock:

Won't be on tomorrow as I've got a round trip to Devon to do so thought I'd have a last minute catch up tonight.

I'm terrible for minimising the screen when I'm at work, so I'm showing as logged on but infact am busy doing other stuff.

Mags
21-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Log off???????? Never!!!! :-D

angieh
22-03-2008, 12:14 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I'm logging off now! Got to get to my bed - eyes are shutting all on their own.

See you tomorrow - have a good journey Yola.

dandysmom
22-03-2008, 02:23 AM
I haven't the remotest idea what you mean by "minimize the screen"...:smt017. Is that what Tom was telling me about once called "split screen"? I'm a Mac user. Anyhow, when there's nothing in New Posts, I just pick up either the book I'm currently reading or the crossword; Refresh the page after about 10 minutes; if still no action go off to check e-mail, Google something, etc. Then log back on to see if anything has happened.....

Elaine
22-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm either doing all of the above or I am on the phone chatting;)

Tink
22-03-2008, 11:58 AM
i'm sitting here at four am stressing and trying to get my mind off things...and checking in here once in awhile.

babycakes
22-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry my computer crashed again with me logged on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angieh
22-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I haven't the remotest idea what you mean by "minimize the screen"...:smt017. Is that what Tom was telling me about once called "split screen"? I'm a Mac user. Anyhow, when there's nothing in New Posts, I just pick up either the book I'm currently reading or the crossword; Refresh the page after about 10 minutes; if still no action go off to check e-mail, Google something, etc. Then log back on to see if anything has happened.....

Sorry dandysmom - I have never seen a MAC screen, but just googled to see if I could get an idea of what it might look like and the example I saw does not have what Windows users have, which is at the the top above the menu bar on the right hand side there is are 3 symbols, one which looks like a minus sign (which is the minimiser) one that looks like a small screen in front of a larger one and the other which is X on red which closes the screen down.

You may have an alternative way of just lowering (or minimising) the currently viewed site to allow you to look at something else. This may of course just be a Windows thing, in which case sorry to have confused you!

dandysmom
22-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Angie! That's obviously what Tom was trying to explain to me ages ago. No, we don't have that option; when Catsey is slow I just leave it and log onto another site. That would be helpful to have the minimizing thing, but I still love my Mac!! :D

Mags
22-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I haven't the remotest idea what you mean by "minimize the screen"...:smt017

Eileen... the minimize button on a Mac is the amber (orange) button in the top left of the window, in between the red close button and the green maximize button.

When you click on this, the window zooms down into your dock and is temporarily shown as a new icon... usually next to the trash can.

(The dock is the row of icons, usually along the bottom of your screen)

To bring the window back, just click on its icon in the dock.

dandysmom
22-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I have often wondered what that orange button was for in the 6 years I've had my computer. Do I understand correctly that when I'm on Catsey I can click that so it goes into the Dock and then go to another site like my Yahoo mail or Photobucket by going to Bookmarks, and then back to Catsey :shock: ? That would certainly beat logging off, into the new site, off of it and then log back into Catsey ! What a shame computers don't come with explanatory manuals....most stuff you learn by trial and error or help from friends....like you!! :D I shall try this if you say I'm interpreting what you said correctly.......

Mags
22-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I have often wondered what that orange button was for in the 6 years I've had my computer. Do I understand correctly that when I'm on Catsey I can click that so it goes into the Dock and then go to another site like my Yahoo mail or Photobucket by going to Bookmarks, and then back to Catsey :shock: ?
Eileen, I'll PM you about this. :D