PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread/Wednesday

Erin
12-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Good Morning all :)

Im clock watching again :lol:
Its been really windy again here all night,alot worse than sunday/monday. The night charge has just done his rounds and said we have lost more trees on site!

Not much planned for today,think ill have a lazy day :D

Have a good day all :)

Fran
12-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Morning all
Looks like it will be a nice day here today after a wet night. Off up to the horses shortly, not much else planned but the usual.

Have a great day :D

Moli
12-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Morning all, its dry here for the moment, bit windy and cold...
Got Leo and Merlin to the vets later for boosters...Nothing else planned...
Have a good day everyne..

Mags
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Good morning all :D

Dry here with the suggestion of the sun beginning to break through, still very strong winds blowing here though..

Not much planned today except shopping and the usual household tasks.

Take care if you are out and about, some of these winds can knock you off your feet..

Enjoy your day!:cool:

babycakes
12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Good maorning all

Well the storm reached us last night, what a howler...

Bad day today by the looks of it.

I am off parenting and then on a bonding day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and no there isn't an over use of exclamation marks here)

And then I'm back to parenting.

Had the music session with the kids last night and had the little drummer boy who I commented on last time, and he is a star I have to say. Found out he is also very good at maths so we are working on all the things he is good at. He loves it.

Have a good day all

PoshPuss
12-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Quieter today, phew!
Had a mad baby-fest yesterday 3 little ones in 4 hours, had to get my catchers mitts on , :-)
Off today, out for lunch with parents and OH, then a cultural visit to local museum, then a bit of retail therapy.
Bye.

angieh
12-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Woke up to lovely blue sky this morning, but it's clouded over now and still blowing a bit of a hoolie. OH has decided it's worth the risk and has gone off to play golf. I am still waiting for MIL to make an appearance for her breakfast, but I had to have mine as I was feeling decidedly hungry.

Got the washing on ...... oh oh ..... I hear MIL stirring! Bye for now.

CathyW
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
good mornig all. what a night, we had a power cut for almost 5 hrs.so sat around with candles, actully it was quite nice, we just chatted and enjoyed the peace.
reggie did a classic last night, we took the lampshade off the table lamp (big ole thing)n just put it on the floor. had candles on the table so didnt want to start a fire. anyway reggies come in spotted it on the floor had a good old sniff at it. them lept up and got in it.so all u can see is a cats butt n tail flashing about. pity i didnt get to me camera on time. i was howling with laughter tears streaming. hes not the sharpest tool in the box is our reggie but that topped it all.u just had to see it.
oh well back to normal. ronnies got the vet today his eye still looks like its got blood in it.he had another punch up im afraid, so im dreading what she may say.
ill let u know how it goes when i get back.

yola
12-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Good luck with Ronnie BM . . . hope they can patch him up.

It's really windy today, no rain, but plenty of clouds offering promises of a downpour.

Went to look at a lovely local school this morning, which I might consider moving the boys to at 4 and 7 years of age. They've got 50 acres of grounds, outdoor (heated) pool, and a refectory hall that looks like something out of Harry Potter :shock:

Just need to work out how to pay for it now!!!!

One of my copywriting clients has just emailed to say that she's not going to progress with the project we'd started due to 'family problems and not continuing with the company'. Seeing as the 'company' are her and her OH I suspect something's gone wrong there. Poor thing - she sounded like such a lovely lady :(

dandysmom
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi, all! Mix of clouds and sun today, it's 6 degrees now and a bit of brisk wind making it feel like 3. But it is beginning to feel a bit more like Spring: mahonia is about to bloom, crocus, snowdrops and early daffodils are. Nothing new here; the usual market run, about to have lunch. Hope your winds die down also; that was an awful storm!

BM: fingers crossed for Ronnie....

Tom
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Evening everyone!

Corr i'm tired! :lol: Got home late from school today as a silly woman ran out in the road and the bus driver hit her :shock: So we had to wait for the police ambulance etc.. Hope she is okay but still very silly of her...

Hope everyone has had a good day despite the weather :(

MrsH
12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Tom - Gosh, I hope she's going to be all right, I hope the driver's OK too, it must have been a heck of a shock for him!

Tom
12-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Tom - Gosh, I hope she's going to be all right, I hope the driver's OK too, it must have been a heck of a shock for him!
I know.. He was really shook up after it.. But at the end of the day it wasn't his fault. I just hope the woman is okay.. Must have been a hell of a hit on her head :(

Elaine
12-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Evening all, sorry I got here too late to start the quiz. Had to go pick up my new van after work. Graham has been driving his dads car and the van wasnt too far from where his dad works, so the plan was to go and get the van in Grahams dads car, then I was to follow him round to his dads work and drop off the car, then we were gonna have a little spin in the van.
Oh no, nothing ever goes to plan when Graham and travel are involved:roll: . Got the van, Graham then got in the van and preceeded to give a lecture on deisel engines:? . He said I had to follow him, coz i dont know exactly where his dads work is but I know its in Dyce and close to the airport. On following him a short distance, I thought, where the hell is he going coz we were actually heading out of Dyce. I kept following coz i had no option. He only made me drive to Afford, 30 miles away, to drop the car at his dads house:shock: .

yola
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Men, eh???? Still, I bet your used to driving the van and you know ALL about diesel engines now; right? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't get me started . . .

dandysmom
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh my!!! :shock: Men......... :-D

Elaine
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It was worse driving out there coz i am not too confident a driver on roads i dont know too well or dont do often. On starting the van, I realised I hadnt positioned my seat properly but thought I was just going a short way and would sort it then:? So that hasnt helped with my back pain much.
On the drive back, he kept calling people on his mobile and telling them that I was all over the road and going too slow:roll: Then he kept saying things like, see this button here?, to which i would say, NO!!! I am bloody driving.
Then he gave me another lecture on hos to drive a van, the use of the mirrors for manouvering and parking blah blah blah. On our return to Aberdeen, I pulled in to a large parking space nose first and he took a sharp intake of breath before giving yet another lecture on reverse parking.:roll:
But yes, I had good fun driving it and felt a little exhillerated by it, very very different from driving my wee polo:lol:

Moli
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
What is it about men that makes them think they are the best drivers, I make a point of never driving my Hubby now, if I did, there would be a murder!!!

alexgirl73
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Just as well my OH cant drive. He's bad enough as a back seat driver lol.

Elaine
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I think he was just annoyed that I wouldnt let him drive the new van, but I need to get used to it and need the experience to get my confidence up. Fortunately I come equiped with a listening off button just for these occasions, other wise there would have been a murder a long time ago:lol:

dandysmom
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
I think he was just annoyed that I wouldnt let him drive the new van, but I need to get used to it and need the experience to get my confidence up. Fortunately I come equiped with a listening off button just for these occasions, other wise there would have been a murder a long time ago:lol:

OMG.I love that!!!!!!!

Elaine
12-03-2008, 11:42 PM
OMG.I love that!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its a necessary peice of equipment in this house Eileen:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moli
12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I learned to shut my ears when the kids were small....;)

Elaine
12-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I learned to shut my ears when the kids were small....;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Time for me to go and shut my eyes as well as my ears (he snores you know)

Night night all xxx

angieh
12-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Nighty night Elaine. I'm off too can't keep my eyes open. I have OH who snores, Merlin who snores and I'm told I snore for Britain! Need one of those listening off buttons here too.

Mags
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Nite Elaine, nite Angie ......... hope you both have restful sleep :)

Moli
12-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Nite Elaine, Nite Angie, sleep well...

dandysmom
13-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Nite all, pleasant dreams.....