PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Tuesday

Fran
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Morning all, lovely sunny day here today :cool: Having a cuppa and a catch up with a friend later, that will be nice. My car has gone into the garage to be repaired after the elderly gentleman reversed into me. The hire car is a brand new Landrover Discovery, automatic. Never in well over 20 years of driving have I driven an automatic, so that will be interesting :?

Have a great day :D

PoshPuss
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Still looking threatening here, all grey skies and heavy air.
Off to work in a minute, another long day ahead. Just putting the bedrooms square and food down for doggie. Posh was fed at 6:30 precisely, as she demands. Have to get petrol for the car so better set out a few minutes earlier. Bye all...

CathyW
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
morning all. anyone want a ronnie cat. hes managed to wke me up b4 the birds every morning for a month now. he never used to be like that.
looks like its going to rain again, so id better get my act into gear n get dressed. LOL still in my night clothes.
reggies still asleep next to me. hes the intelgent one, looks at the weather then heads off to the litter tray.
have a good day all.

yola
11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Still breezy and grey here. I have some admin bits to sort regarding my Aunt's house sale, and then back onto the design company's website copywriting.

There is so little to write these days; life is just so dull . . . work . . . home . . . feed the kids . . . feed the adults . . . bed.

Edit to say . . . Fran, I've had both automatic and manual transmission cars and I think the autos have the edge as far as I'm concerned. And they are so easy to drive.

dandysmom
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Where is everyone? Not cleaning up after the awful storms yesterday, I hope...... ? Yola, I rarely have anything to report either, but like to check in so you all know I'm alive! Sunny, 8 degrees, going to be a pleasant day...have buds on the daffodils about to open!
Have a nice afternoon...

Mags
11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Lovely sunny afternoon here, windy but fairly warm..

Went into town this morning and collected our flight tickets, it really hits home now that we will be off soon :D Bought a few clothes and toiletries ........also some rehydration treatment which hopefully, it won't be necessary for either of us to take.

Cassie is out in the garden basking in the sunshine, it makes such a change from seeing her just sat at her catflap peering out at the rain :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their day :cool:

MrsH
11-03-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm having such difficulty staying awake today, another poor night's sleep last night. To cap it all, I then woke up with the birds at 4.50 am and by 6.00, I decided to get up as I hadn't managed to get back to sleep. Trying to look competent and knowledgeable in front of teenagers after a night like that is not easy!

OH is out to his water-colour class tonight so I think I'll just settle down and fall asleep in front of the TV after he's gone out.

angieh
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Evening all! ('spect you're all too young to remember Dixon of Dock Green?). Italian lesson this morning was hard going. The imperfect tense and it was one of those mornings when I felt that I was sinking fast. I am not a very hard working student and I am sure if I was I'd find it a lot easier.

MIL had her first appointment with a visiting hairdresser this afternoon - a nice woman who has made a really good job. MIL has restricted mobility in her shoulders and arms and can't wash her hair, so it will be so good to have someone come in and look after it for her.

I sympathise with your sleeplessness MrsH. I find after even one disturbed night it takes several good ones to make up for it. Hope your day wasn't too difficult.

Fran
12-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Edit to say . . . Fran, I've had both automatic and manual transmission cars and I think the autos have the edge as far as I'm concerned. And they are so easy to drive.

Yola, I am pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to drive. I didn't go for the clutch or gears once which I was rather surprised about. The only thing I don't like about it is, it's so blinking huge at the side of the Freelander! Lovely car though, that's for sure :cool: