PDA

View Full Version : help with a name

dumbblondie
09-03-2008, 04:52 PM
ok so i'm new just want to say hello also i'm getting a siamese kitten in may & i'm 1 of these ppl who has pets for a few days or weeks before naming them as i can't always think of good names straight away so i want a few good names before i get this kitten so it doesn't end up like my rat who i had for 4 years & it never got a name

alexgirl73
09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
lol, poor rattie!

Welcome to the forum.

Hmm, names for a siamese.......

girl - Buppha (meaning flower), FaYing (celestial Princess), Malee (flower), OnChoi (gracefulness), Yu-Phin (beautiful girl)

boy - Chao -Fa (crown Prince), Chaiya (victory), KlaHan (very brave), Phiset (special),

babycakes
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Welcome to Catsey. What is your siamese going to be like? Colour, sex for example.

dumbblondie
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
all i know about my kitten right now is that it will be male

Elaine
09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Maybe this will help:D

http://www.kessels.com/CatNames/

Or make the decision worse:roll: ;)

Moofster
09-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Hello and welcome to the site :cat3 how exciting that you are getting a new kitten ! Cant wait to hear more about the little fella when he arrives, with some photos of course :-D

Do you like human names or more abstract ones ??

Well heres a few to think about

Horace
Louie
Vincent
Josh

Bentley
Coco
Kismet
Peanut

Keep us posted and feel free to jump in with any questions !

babycakes
09-03-2008, 09:46 PM
I think like you we will have to see him when he arrives as then you will get to know his character too. Can't wait

angieh
10-03-2008, 12:20 AM
I know dandysmom will remember "The Incredible Journey" by Sheila Burnford. Since I read that book MANY years ago, I have always wanted a siamese cat and I would call him or her Tao.

dandysmom
10-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Oh yes, Tao would be a good suggestion! And I loved that book, Angie! Right up there with The Silent Miaow as a classic......

dumbblondie
10-03-2008, 11:03 PM
when i get my kitten i will post a pic or 2 on here oh 1 more question i have 3 tom cats livin next door so i want 2 keep him as a indoor cat (my last 2 cats got into lots of trouble with them) is this a good idea? & any tips for doing this will be welcome