PDA

View Full Version : Tanya.

Janeburd
09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
In 1990 i was workin in a supermarket when a new lady (irene) was recruited to work with me, after a few weeks of working together whilst on her break i saw her buying some dog food so promptly asked her , oh what kind of dog have you got? she said dogs dont you mean, iv got four Red Chow Chows two adults and two three week old pups! well i just couldn,t believe it, when i was young my parents owned a red male Chow Chow called Simba but he sadly had to be put to sleep due to extremely bad exma when i was six but i never forgot him but had not seen another Chow since. I thought this just had to be fate and asked her what sex they were and how much she was selling them for. To my relief she was only selling them for £100 each as they werent fully english they were half south african, so that was it i went home to my parents and begged them to let me have this dog, NO WAY my dad said we are not having anymore dogs !! but i knew my dad had always wanted a black Chow ! soooooo.... i told a little white lie;) , but dad its a black Chow just like youv always wanted she,s gorgeous, and that did it he mellowed and said ok when is she comming home? Well three weeks later me and my boyfriend were on our way home with my beautiful dog Tanya, i was on cloud nine,couldnt stop looking and kissing my new baby BUT! what was my dad goin to say when he sees shes a (red) Chow and NOT a (black)? Well i thought of all different excuses to tell my dad when i got home , even blaming my boyfriend, as we got closer to home i was getting more and more worried about what my dad was going to say to me, he was going to go barrrrmy:cry: so eventualy i braced myself and walked in the house with her.... i put her right there in front of him waiting for him to say GET THAT DOG OUT OF HERE !! and you know what? he picked her up, kissed her ,loved her, played with her, put water down for her, gave her some chicken and i was just stood there gobsmacked !! I said so you like her then dad? she,s beautiful jane course i do, then i said ok but have you noticed she,s not black? does it matter he said she,s gorgeous ! Well deep down i knew he wouldn,t turn her away would you ?:lol:
Tanya 6weeks old.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh246/janeburd/tanya-pup.jpg

She grew into a real beuty too this is her at about 3yrs http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh246/janeburd/tanyatiger.jpg .
Sadly we had to have her put to sleep when she was 12, but what a companion she had been, loyal and obedient to the end. Tanya you will always be in our hearts and never forgotten, so untill we meet again, godbless darling. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

babycakes
09-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Lovely life story Jane of Tanya.

Rip pretty girl. XXX

Tom
09-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Lovely story, Janeburd.

Rip Tanya xxx

alexgirl73
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
What a beautiful girl she was. A lovely story about her.

RIP Tanya xx

Kim
09-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Lovely story, beautiful dog she was!

janey83
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Awwww what a touching story.

You dont see many of those dogs anymore. My friend had a chow chow called Chan and it was the sweetest thing ever!

R.I.P Tanya

Janeburd
13-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Glad you all enjoyed Tanya,s story & thankyou all so much for your kind replies. :)
.Jane.