PDA

View Full Version : 1st session of the year (furminating)

Mags
05-03-2008, 02:29 PM
After finding a fair amount of Cassie's hair everywhere...... and when I smooth her my hands are covered in it, I thought it was time for her first furminator session of the year..:D She absolutely loves it and as soon as I start, her engine starts purring in glee!:lol:

So, for all the recent newcomers to see what it achieves, here is the result of just 5 minutes grooming this morning ......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Cassie/DSC06348.jpg

Just for your information, the next time you use the furminator the amount of fur gathered is less ....... just so you know your dear kitty won't be bald after several sessions..:-D

angieh
05-03-2008, 03:00 PM
"Just for your information, the next time you use the furminator the amount of fur gathered is less ....... just so you know your dear kitty won't be bald after several sessions.."

So glad you added that Mags!

Mags
05-03-2008, 03:06 PM
"Just for your information, the next time you use the furminator the amount of fur gathered is less ....... just so you know your dear kitty won't be bald after several sessions.."

So glad you added that Mags!

Must admit I was concerned how much hair would come out the second time, Angie but it is minimal up to the first grooming;):-D

angieh
05-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Can you tell me what width your Furminator is? Dandysmom thought some members had bought theirs on eBay, but there seems to be a huge range of sizes!

Erin
05-03-2008, 04:03 PM
angie you will be ok with a small,i got a medium sized one because i use it on the dogs too.

I bet Cassie feels much better now mags :)

angieh
05-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks Erin - the smallest seems to be 1.75 inches wide which looks OK to me - Merlin is quite small himself now!

Mags
05-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I have the small size Angie...... it has a 1.7inch deShedding edge and it's plenty big enough for a cat.. :D

Mags
05-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I bet Cassie feels much better now mags :)

Her coat looks a lot better now Erin........ it also feels nice and smooth..:D

angieh
05-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Mags and Erin - I have ordered one from eBay!

Erin
05-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks Mags and Erin - I have ordered one from eBay!

Welcome to the club Angie :lol: you wont be disapointed,best thing ive spent my money on for my animals and they all love it :D

dandysmom
05-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Mine is 1.75" also, Angie! I did Leia in January and got quite a bit of fur, as I hadn't used it for about 3 months. Being an indoor cat with only brief excursions to the screened porch in cold weather, Leia doesn't grow much of a Winter coat.

Moli
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Thats a lot of fur Mags!!! I will have to do my 3 big boys soon, Chancer looks a shadow of his former self after being furminated!!!:roll: :lol:

babycakes
05-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Denis loses the plot when I get the Furminator out, he rolls over and over and gives lots of rubs, purrs away, he hated being brushed before. I have been brushing about once a month, more is coming off this month

Mags
05-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Has anyone managed to furminate over their cat's tum? Cassie won't let me loose there :lol: ........ but do her back and she's in heaven!! :-D

babycakes
05-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Has anyone managed to furminate over their cat's tum? Cassie won't let me loose there :lol: ........ but do her back and she's in heaven!! :-D

I must admit Denis is not keen there either nor his tail so much

Elaine
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Eva will let me do her head, along her back and her tail. But DONT you dare go near her chest or tum and certainly nowhere near her trouser legs:lol:
Bernie runs at the sight of a brush or comb:lol: thats why he's my tangled scrff pot;)

dandysmom
05-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Leia doesn't much like her tail or trousers done. but I can do a bit before she says "stop!"; but loves the tummy bit!!!

angieh
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I am not even dreaming of getting to Merlin's tummy when my Furminator arrives! He has never let me near it, which is such a pity because he has the most beautifully marked tummy fur - all apricot coloured with dark slotches.

babycakes
05-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I do love to kiss Denis' tummy all warm and fuzzy