PDA

View Full Version : Holidays for 2008

Mags
18-02-2008, 03:14 PM
See sunshine.....think holidays! :lol:

Is anyone planning a holiday this year ...... if so, when, where and what type of holiday?

Fran
18-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Florida for us this year :cool: We are going in August as we are governed by the school holidays. Stopping in a villa and are going with our friends and their 2 children. I'm looking forward to it now :D

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Car and ferry to The Gironde (half way down France on the left hand side!) Still deciding whether to take the drop top and pose whilst journeying or to take the company car and load it up with cheap wine on the way back!
One hotel stop on the way down and a couple of days in the Loire on the way back. One week in a seaside cottage at a smallish resort we went 2 or 3 times with the children in tent/bucket& spade holidays. It will be nice to go there again and see it from an adult perspective. (who was it said 'never go back'?)
Cottage booked, ferry booked, house-sitter booked. Still finalising the hotels (some don't re-open till 1 March)

MrsH
18-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Nothing planned at all yet. We hope to be getting a puppy in the late summer/autumn, after my retirement, so until I know that the mum dog is in season I can't book anything.

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 04:16 PM
ooooo, exciting!
Better start a new thread please - what breed, what sex, what will its name be?

MrsH
18-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Cocker spaniel, particolour, sex unimportant. :D

Kim
18-02-2008, 10:35 PM
We booked last year. We are going to a very 'dog friendly' cottage in the lakes in July. It is so popular you have to book early!! I think the doggie guests are more important than the humans, as they have a bowl of water ready for their arrival, throws for the sofa so they can sit on them, their own private wood with agility course, and holiday tags for their collars!! Great place!

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Ours is booked. A week at Pontins Southport! The girls loved it there last ime, and there's lots to do round about.

babycakes
19-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Ours is booked. A week at Pontins Southport! The girls loved it there last ime, and there's lots to do round about.

I don't live far from there !!! Hope you have a great time

Sounds fantastic Kim X Very well planned dm.

I have booked a long girly weekend to Feungirola (1st one in 14 years), in May, going to book Mykonos for OH and me in September asap and we are looking to go back to Belfast for the weekend in July (both of our birthdays)

EmmaG
19-02-2008, 10:20 PM
We are thinking of driving down to the south of france and getting a villa for a week or two, but knowing us it will all be very last minute!!!

ellenlouise
19-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Sheldon and I are planning to go to tenerife this year with his family. His mum has offered to take us as a family as its the last year we will be able to as a family with me going to uni. I am very lucky that I get on so well with them as a family

Moli
20-02-2008, 12:05 AM
We are hoping to go to Canada for a couple of weeks, all depends on Hubbys contracts...

dinahsmum
20-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Which part of Canada Moli?

angieh
20-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I am afraid we don't go away - it would be too unsettling for 86 year old MIL with dementia. We will try to get some nice days out, picnics and such.

Moli
21-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Which part of Canada Moli?
Kingston, Ontario, Hubbys sister lives there...:)

candyshandy
21-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Going back to Sharm El Sheikh in September this year.

Did the Nile cruise, Cairo and Sharm last year and loved it :)

Mags
21-02-2008, 12:27 AM
We're off to Luxor in just over 5 weeks time ......... saw the pyramids and Cairo Museum about 9 years ago..

candyshandy
21-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Mags you must go to Abu Simbel - its fantastic :)

Mags
21-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Mags you must go to Abu Simbel - its fantastic :)

Thanks for the tip Candyshandy, we'll add it to our itinery! ;):D

Jac
21-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Well after 21 years of not being able to go abroad for one reason or another. I'm going away twice!!! Taking Ceilidh to Disney Land Paris THEN I'm going to wait for it.....Drum roll..... Thailand oooohhhhh with my friend. :lol: :lol: :lol: June. I really dont want to be here then.

yola
21-02-2008, 11:35 PM
That's understandable Jac :( It's nice to be able to treat Ceilidh though isn't it? My OH doesn't 'do' holidays - thinks they are a waste of time . . . great eh? Wierdo :shock:

I think I will have a quiet word with my friend who lives in Hove and see if she'll let me stay in her place for a week with the boys.