PDA

View Full Version : Northern Rock

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Everyone OK with the Northern Rock situation?
I was a bit alarmed to hear 'an expert' on the radio this morning talking of two other banks in similar difficulties! Eek :shock:
All because of greed/stupidity in the US? - or do we deserve a share of the responsibility for the 'Credit Crunch' too? (and why do we have to have a silly catch-phrase for horrible things? The worst is 'Happy-Slapping' - Oh no it's not :evil: )

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think I'd even heard of Northern Rock until all this started!! I hope no one is affected. What are the other two banks mentioned DM?

Kazz
18-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Does seem slightly concerning. A lot of people I imagine will feel the crunch now. But one wonders in some cases if they should have had/been given the amount of debt they have.

And credit card companies now appear to be "withdrawing" their product/services from people who pay their balances in full every month - I assume as they do not make any money for the company.

I imagine their are a few banks on the touchline waivering between life and death,

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't think I'd even heard of Northern Rock until all this started!! I hope no one is affected. What are the other two banks mentioned DM?person being interviewed said 'two' and when pressed by the interviewer said London and Scottish, which he agreed was a small bank but didn't name the second.

alexgirl73
18-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Time to stick a cardboard box under the bed I think lol.