PDA

View Full Version : hungry cat tale....

smudgley
29-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I spoke to a lovely man this evening who's wife had phoned for a neutering voucher, she wasn't in so I had a chat with him. This cat had been hanging around for a few months & was quite thin when she first came, but seemed hungry. they started feeding her, then recently she became more & more hungry, she started breaking into houses through windows and only last week stole a lb of sausages from a neighbours kitchen. (not funny, but you can't help but chuckle) Her tummy is getting bigger & bigger & they asked someones advice, who thought maybe if she's hungry & got a big belly she had worms, so they wormed her, then her tummy still kept growing, the lovely polite man was quite concerned that the worm infestation must be quite bad.... I asked when the pot belly started, only in the last few weeks was his reply. :roll: I've arranged to pop and see this little girl who is friendly & very hungry. I'm hoping we can bring her into the branch to have her kittens :shock: :shock: . :cool:

Moli
29-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Aww Bless them for caring for her....remember the pictures Smudgley...

smudgley
29-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Aww Bless them for caring for her....remember the pictures Smudgley...

Will do..:cool:

Mags
29-01-2008, 11:31 PM
He didn't think of the obvious then?!!:lol: It's good you'll take her in to have the kittens Smudgley.......at least the couple were worried and concerned for her..

What a pity Gwenny lives too far away...... I bet the perfect kitten will be there for her..;)

dandysmom
29-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Sorry, but can't help but laugh at that story, Smudgley, the way you tell it! A whole pound of sausages!!! Poor thing, and bless that couple for taking care of her; hope she has lovely healthy "worms"!!! (seriously, worming that late in a pregnancy wouldn't harm the kittens, would it?)

alexgirl73
30-01-2008, 12:14 AM
aww, bless him and his wife! Hope kitty will be ok, but if you are taking her on Smudgley, I have no doubt she will be.

Gwenny
30-01-2008, 01:49 AM
What a pity Gwenny lives too far away...... I bet the perfect kitten will be there for her..;)

Aw I wish :(

Bless, that's such a nice story for hungry kitty! Nice to think that some people will look after them.

My grandparents have done so with many animals (and my grandfather doesn't especially like animals) hedgehogs, cats, dogs, even a stray fox cub last year. It was gorgeous! They fed him for weeks then eventually called a rescue center - they were calling him Fred. Turns out 'Fred' was in fact a 'Fredrika'. My grandmother cried for ages when they took her.

dandysmom
30-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Aww, what a nice story Gwenny! A fox cub! But grown-up foxes eat peoples chickens if they can,,,ask Smudgley!!!...a shame that you're not nearer to her. Quite a few of the members who are close enough have rehomed some of her foster kittens and they are just little loves, so well socialized and so cute! Keep looking, there's a kitten out there somewhere looking for you......

Kazz
30-01-2008, 08:33 PM
What a lovely story and sounds like a nice man.

dandysmom
30-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Smudgley, have you given any thought to perhaps writing a book? You do have a way with words, and have posted so many funny/sad/inspiring stories here....not that you have that much spare time on your hands.... think about it! You could raise money for the branch....

Moli
30-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Smudgley, have you given any thought to perhaps writing a book? You do have a way with words, and have posted so many funny/sad/inspiring stories here....not that you have that much spare time on your hands.... think about it! You could raise money for the branch....
Thats a brilliant idea DM, I would certainly buy one...:) :)

dandysmom
31-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Thats a brilliant idea DM, I would certainly buy one...:) :)

I would too, and copies for a few cat friends! When I think of the stories Smudgley's told here ....it would make a charming little book...the view from the inside of cat rescue...stories that made you laugh, stories that brought a tear to the eye....chicken and Mr. Fox stories...Bluebell stories...

smudgley
31-01-2008, 12:04 AM
"Tales from Smudgley cottage"

babycakes
31-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Sounds an excellent idea. Could raise money for the kitties too??? Or get you that house by the sea? I'd buy one

Gwenny
31-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I would buy one too!

You could be the kitty answer to J.K Rowling...

..tales of Mogwarts!

(oh dear, I do apologise!)

dandysmom
31-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Hee hee, good one, Gwenny!

Not "from Smudgley Cottage"; too much like "from Moon Cottage" and its sequels, which apparently sell very well........

angieh
01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
... and the film rights? Now who to direct????? Which well known actress to take Smudgley's part??????

Gwenny
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Would have to be Ms Jolie I suspect!!!! Or maybe Ms Dench could apply the appropriate amount of drama...

angieh
01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
OOOh if Ms Jolie were to play Smudgley, would Brad Pitt be Mr Smudgley. Oh heart, be still!

smudgley
05-02-2008, 01:35 PM
I went to visit the cat today, she is a girl, she does have a big tummy, but only through over eating :shock: :-D She has a saggy belly, not a preggy belly. ;)

dandysmom
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
:shock: What an anticlimax! And here we all were waiting for the story of the hungry little cat and her kittens!!

Gwenny
05-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Haha! Greedy cat! Greedy cat!

angieh
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
What a pity or is it what a relief?????

Moli
06-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh dear!! One poor cat is going on a diet!!:lol: :lol: