PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Monday

Fran
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Morning all, not sure what the weather is doing outside yet as I haven't ventured out of bed yet. Just getting my first caffeine fix of the day then it will be all systems go ;) It's the children's first day back at school today after the Christmas break. Have a few errands to run today and really must get around to taking some new kitten piccies for Kazz ;)

Hope you all have a lovely day :D

Moofster
07-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Spain checking in - lovely sunny blue skies, cats all fed and happy - now some jobs in the house to do
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd261/LotusBlossom75/good-morning.jpg

Kazz
07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Right I am up and moving. Will check in late for my pictures as requested from Fran.

Have a good day all. Oh yes the car goes in tomorrow (remember my little bump last Sept) well finaly getting it repaired. Get a curtesy car for a week or so.

Karen

dinahsmum
07-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Good morning; it's a bit windy but otherwise OK. We had some lovely sunshine yesterday.
Well, 6 days in to my 'January de-tox'. No alcohol and only one coffee per day. Seems to be OK so far. No particular reason, it just seemed a good idea to give my liver a break after the December excesses and then to be sure not to replace the alcohol with caffeine. :roll:
What a lot of posts to catch up on from yesterday ...... onwards and upwards!

yola
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Windy and bright here today! Both boys are at Sebastian's nursery today so I have a day in the office catching up with a million things.

DM, your detox sounds like a good move. If only I could give up the alcohol :roll: Am looking for a pilates class though . . . was very depressed last night when looking at some old photos and realised that my youth, together with my waistline is slipping away. Have decided that I must do something about it!

Erin
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
morning all (just):D
Cold and raining here today,the cats were going mad to go out so ive opened the kitchen door for them and they all now sat up on the garden shed under the branches from the trees staying out of the rain,they wont come in though :roll: :lol:
nothing much planned untill later this afternoon when dad will be coming round and helping us with decorating the lounge.
hope you all have a great day :D

Jac
07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Afternoon all
Boring day for me I'm afraid. washing, ironing and cleaning. Oh lucky me!!
Been talking on the phone for about an hour to my pall:shock: .
Will be back later on.
Gonna catch up on catsey.
Have a good one all.

Kazz
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Right have decided I have to go out and clear the car out....with it going to be fixed tomorrow, normaly I elave stuff in their (nothing grand) but I know my normal garage and trust them this is a big repair centre - so I am going to emprty the car. Maybe give it a clean - not sure about the last bit. ;)

Jac
07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Dont clean it Kazz. They valet it for you before returning it;)

Kazz
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh no I will have to clean it not that its that bad but. No will have to at least run it through the car wash. Right making a venture out in between the rain...to get bits out of it.

Karen

Donna
07-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Afternoon all

Was VERY windy this morning - but it seems to have died down to another dull miserable day. At work and it is busier at last so that makes the time go quicker. Nothing else to report, so have a good afternoon everyone.

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Afternoon, all! The January thaw is here: it's 15 degrees before lunch, supposed to make 18 and even warmer tomorrow! It lifts the spirits, especially after the recent -4 days! Won't last so am enjoying it while it does. Leia has skipped her nap and is sitting hopefully on the back room to see if another bird will suddenly appear...:roll:
Did the usual market run; nothing really to report.

Enjoy the day, all!

MrsH
07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Nothing much to report here. It was the first day back at school for me as well today and to have the alarm clock ringing again was most unwelcome! I now feel so very tired. Quite a few members of staff down with viruses and 2 in our department had to go home at lunchtime as they were so unwell. It looks as though there are going to be great staffing difficulties for the rest of the week.

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Evening all, bit of a rant here.
I am supposed to finnish work at 6 pm, it takes me 10 to 15 minutes to get home, making that 6.15pm. I am ranting because i just got in at 8.35pm, why?
Because the bird lady turned up at work at 5.45pm with 26 budgies:twisted: . I really like the woman and find her fascinating to talk to but I wish she'd come in at amore suitable time especially when she is selling birds.
We had to get cages set up etc and then transfer them by catching them one by one. As if that's not enough she let the last one go:twisted: .
I have been at work all this time trying to catch the cheeky little thing, he even got behind the animal cages which meant I had to unscrew a panel off the bloody wall to get in there, then I had to climb up a pipe, only for it to fly back out into the shop. It hid behind cages on the top shelves, every cage I moved to get at it, he would run to the next one, this meant I had to get up and down the ladder, moving it constantly and taking cages down.
Finnally caught it.;)

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
OMG, Elaine, why do these things always seem to happen to you! What a day!!
Put your feet up and relax......

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I know, the other thing is, we now have way too many budgies. Head office is gonna go mental. Will have to call a few of the other shops and see if they want any.:shock:

Kazz
07-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Elaine you need to lend Leia for a day or two to get the numbers down.....:)

Mags
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I know, the other thing is, we now have way too many budgies. Head office is gonna go mental. Will have to call a few of the other shops and see if they want any.:shock:
I trust they'll pay you for overtime Elaine?:?

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
LOL, Kazz, I can just see her climbing over those cages in hot pursuit of the loose budgie....

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I trust they'll pay you for overtime Elaine?:?

Your kidding aren't you?:roll: :lol:

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Elaine you need to lend Leia for a day or two to get the numbers down.....:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now there's a thought:lol:

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
LOL, Kazz, I can just see her climbing over those cages in hot pursuit of the loose budgie....

I now have the nicest, tightest, firmest butt in Aberdeen:lol:

Kazz
07-01-2008, 10:33 PM

I am sure Elaine's Boss's would happily fly her over and back for the evenings work Eileen;)

Kazz
07-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I now have the nicest, tightest, firmest butt in Aberdeen:lol:

Eileen does not mean you you nutter she means Leia....:-D

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :-D

Well, I do anyway, I bet its tighter that Leia's:lol:

dandysmom
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Eileen does not mean you you nutter she means Leia....:-D

LOL, I did mean Leia, but she's unfortunately unable to come, as she did not like any of her passport photos, hence does not have one. :-D

And I imagine the exercise was indeed good for Elaine's butt...:D

Elaine's bosses pay???? Surely you jest...

Kazz
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I am not sure we want to go down this road. ;)

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I am not sure we want to go down this road. ;)

I know, my bosses are such tight asses:lol: again, not as tight as mine though:lol:

Mags
07-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Elaine's bosses pay???? Surely you jest...

At least Loyalty money if not overtime, eh Elaine..;)

Elaine
07-01-2008, 10:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mags please stop with the jokes, my bosses will be going mental that we bought so many and will probably threaten to take it OUT of my wages.
But hey, life is never dull:roll: :lol:

Mags
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Stick to your guns and don't budge Elaine! :-D

Moli
07-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't get into a flap Elaine...