PDA

View Full Version : downloading music onto phone {help}

smudgley
28-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I need help please guys from all you techno folk! :-D

Where's Tom or Luke these days?

We got 2 phones for Christmas & we want to download music onto them, but can't seem to do it. :oops:

Any help gratefully recieved.

Many thanks.

The Simpletons! :-D

babycakes
28-12-2007, 11:03 AM
I would like help with this too I got a music phone for Xmas and would like to download music for free if poss ( I know that it's possible ) if not as cheaply as poss

smudgley
28-12-2007, 11:13 AM
good point BC.

My music needs to be free! :-D

random
28-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok plug them into pc via the cable u usually get with them (usb)
then go into 'my computer'
there should be at leat one 'removable disk' (if there are more click them til you find the right one, make sure you only have one component (phone) plugged in at once)
then open your songs folder
copy them from there and paste into the removable disk folder you just oipened, usually when you open it will come up as 'mobile' and then different folders of music, pictures e.t.c, so if it does make sure you put them in teh right folder (i.e. music)
Does that help any?

borderdawn
28-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I use limewire, its free and excellent, just google it! I download MP3 or 4 tunes, you can get anything!

You should have software with the phones to download to your PC it will tell you how to use it.

babycakes
28-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I use limewire, its free and excellent, just google it! I download MP3 or 4 tunes, you can get anything!

You should have software with the phones to download to your PC it will tell you how to use it.

My lap tap is so slow it keeps crashing when I play it!!!!! Need new lap top (Santa didn't hear me shouting)

Leo's Mummy !
28-12-2007, 03:54 PM

I used Limewire last year & it totally wrecked my Laptop! I would steer clear & use Soulseek if I were you.. I couldnt even get laptop fixed it was that currupt !

smudgley
28-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Clear as ........erm......... mud! :?

Only kidding, I'll have a try later. Thanks all.

I have heard on another site that limewire is full of viruses & have been advised to steer clear.

Anyone know where else you can get the free music from?

random
28-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Clear as ........erm......... mud! :?

Only kidding, I'll have a try later. Thanks all.

I have heard on another site that limewire is full of viruses & have been advised to steer clear.

Anyone know where else you can get the free music from?

I've had it for at least 5 years and never had a problem ....

smudgley
28-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I've had it for at least 5 years and never had a problem ....

We have used it before too, to download music onto the kids MP3 players (we had to get my niece to do that initially too) :roll: Hubby thought that the phones should be the same, but we can't seem to get the music to go into the phone. :? but haven't tried today yet, so will do what you said & let you know how I get on.

alexgirl73
28-12-2007, 09:16 PM
so you dont have to pay for music from these sites then? How does that work? Do people not get prosecuted for file sharing?

borderdawn
28-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I used Limewire last year & it totally wrecked my Laptop! I would steer clear & use Soulseek if I were you.. I couldnt even get laptop fixed it was that currupt !
Used it for ages, never had a problem with it. All sites are as problematic as you let them be. As long as you have up to date virus protection Limewire or any other internet site is no worse than the next.

MrsErin
28-12-2007, 10:15 PM
there are loads of places to get music from, Frostwire/Limewire, Torrents, Soulseek (which is a good one). All of which come with their own risks though...

As you may have read some have referred to it crashing there laptop/PC this is usually because files downloaded were infected with virus or spyware. If you careful and take note of file sizes and file types then you should be ok to use any of these.

As for getting music onto the phone, easiest way is bluetooth or with the cable as already discussed :)

Hope this helps...

Eddy x

smudgley
28-12-2007, 10:28 PM
ARGGGGGGHHHHH

alexgirl73
28-12-2007, 10:31 PM
ooops, I take it it isn't going too well???

smudgley
28-12-2007, 10:33 PM
We've tried what Random said & it all seems to go ok, it even says it's transfering the files, then nothing is on the phone. Really frustrated now! Ed / Random any ideas what we could be doing wrong.

PS - I don't really know anyone with music on their phones that we can bluetooth from, although I can see why that would be a lot easier!

alexgirl73
28-12-2007, 10:38 PM
could it be that the music isn't where you expect it to be on the phones? I know we had this prob with my OH's phone last year. Instead of being in music, it was in received files or some suchplace. Try having a scout around the different places on the phone.

smudgley
28-12-2007, 10:43 PM
could it be that the music isn't where you expect it to be on the phones? I know we had this prob with my OH's phone last year. Instead of being in music, it was in received files or some suchplace. Try having a scout around the different places on the phone.

done that. :(

alexgirl73
28-12-2007, 10:46 PM
erm, in that case I've not a clue!!! I'm useless with these things too. Took me a week to figure out how to put music onto Raechels mp3 player!

MrsH
28-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I love threads like this - all completely over my head! You want MUSIC on your PHONE? I didn't know you could do that! My phone only does basic things and I have a real problem with predictive text! Good Luck!

smudgley
28-12-2007, 10:59 PM
I love threads like this - all completely over my head! You want MUSIC on your PHONE? I didn't know you could do that! My phone only does basic things and I have a real problem with predictive text! Good Luck!

Not my phone.
My phone is used for phone calls & texting, that's it :roll:

smudgley
28-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Ed / Random.... where are ya both?

sitting patiently....

edit to add - just noticed they are not on line.

Mags
28-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I thought music on your phone just related to the tone rings! :oops:

smudgley
28-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I thought music on your phone just related to the tone rings! :oops:

No mags, the phones have got MP3 players built into them, you know like a music player. So they put songs on there to listen to. We've tried & tried & can't do it. :?

Mags
28-12-2007, 11:06 PM
No mags, the phones have got MP3 players built into them, you know like a music player. So they put songs on there to listen to. We've tried & tried & can't do it. :?
I'm afraid I'll have to join the rest of the dunces here! ;):-D

borderdawn
28-12-2007, 11:07 PM
which phones are they?

smudgley
28-12-2007, 11:10 PM
which phones are they?

samsung J600 (although we are changing that one for a nokia as I'm not happy with the handset, just waiting for them to get some in stock)

& a LG chocolate

borderdawn
28-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Is this any use for the LG?
http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=66257

MrsErin
29-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Ok i would have done what has already been suggested, check the files arent located on a different folder, do they have memory cards? In either phones, if so and you have 10quid spare (hard after Xmas i know) OR you have a card reader or a built in card reader, then id use that. That will cut out the middle man (being the phone in this case) and you can directly put music onto the memory card, then put the card back into the phone.

Other than that, im pretty stumped for ideas right now =o(

Eddy x